These are the Sklar brothers. They came on the show once and were great. We’d like for them to come again. But they can’t afford to come back unless you download their new comedy album, “Hendersons and Daughters“ on iTunes. So do it. If you like comedy. Then maybe they’ll come back. I miss EZ.
A few UK notes….
– What did your favorite basketball team spend their Tuesday night? Just doing a little scrimmaging with LeBron James. Yes, King James was in Lexington and joined up with Rajon Rondo, DeMarcus Cousins and Eric Bledsoe to battle this year’s team in a matchup that should have featured Joe B. Hall as a special guest coach and been sponsored by Orange Leaf. Don’t believe me? Proof:
– And while this little scrimmage was taking place over on campus, John Calipari was spending a little quality time with the nation’s top player. After holding three in-home visits through a speakerphone while in Argentina, Calipari prioritized his stops over in the states by starting at the top and hung out with Shabazz Muhammad. Cal watched him practice Tuesday before meeting with his family that night and became the third school to do so. We could tell you more but you know what they say about Vegas and everything staying there except the herpes. So just assume it went very well.
– Never one to make waste of a perfectly good time to take a nap on a trip, Coach Cal popped over to Findlay Prep to watch Anthony Bennett practice Tuesday as well. Bennett told Adam Zagoria that he plans to cut his list to five teams next week. He currently holds offers from UConn, Florida, Oregon, Ohio State, Pitt, UNLV, Washington and West Virginia, in addition to the Cats. He was not the only making a little bitty headline Tuesday either. Here are a couple of other quick recruiting notes:
Chris Walker: Walker’s recruitment might be the most interesting of all 2012 or 2013 recruits as the top-10 player has seemed to essentially beg for Kentucky to show him more interest over the past few months. It seems to go up-and-down and seemed to be back up after Walker decided to head to Big Blue Madness only a few weeks after following up a public plea for a scholarship offer by saying Ohio State was his leader. Now he’s heading to Kansas’ madness festivities according to the latest reports. I don’t know if there’s a deeper story to his recruitment at this point. You just get the feeling that UK doesn’t feel like they truly need him just yet. It seems crazy, but with how they’re sitting with the players at the very top of the 2013 class, that might actually be the case. Regardless, he’ll be in Lawrence next month when the season kicks off.
Mitch McGary: In his latest blog on ESPN, McGary said that he wants to visit Kentucky, but isn’t sure if he’ll have enough time to do so. The nation’s #3 overall player visited Michigan, Duke and North Carolina last week. If he doesn’t visit Lexington, that officially goes on the books as time wasted. The Cats are working on setting up a visit with McGary and teammate TJ Warren for Saturday since the football game is going to be a blowout.
Perry Ellis: Today is his birthday.
– Speaking of recruiting, Coach K made some headlines when he showed up on visits to the homes of Julius Randle and Jabari Parker in a limosine. The limos are part of the new “This Is Prom” campaign that the Duke basketball program is marketing alongside their inability to score against Arizona last season. But at least he’s not crying. He’s at least made some progress.
– In terms of football news, Joker Phillips responded to the dramatic underselling of the Louisville football team by Charlie Strong by saying that he’s not buying it. Joker said Strong’s comments, which said everything short of his players’ mothers being uglier than the Wildcat moms, were nothing more than coachspeak and it was something they both picked up from Lou Holtz. Sounds like a good reason for a phone call tomorrow from the fake one.
– Despite the downplaying by Strong, it’s clear that the pressure in this game is completely on Kentucky. The Cats entered the season with their eyes fixated solely on another bowl berth and taking a step forward in the SEC standings. No matter how much they’ve struggled in the first two games, that is still a goal they can reach. Louisville, meanwhile, has lesser expectations – especially after dropping a game at home to the Florida Institute of Foreign Languages and Origami or whatever it was last week. They could still make a bowl, but it would be just be icing on the fried chicken breast. That’s essentially an expectation anymore at UK and that means they absolutley must win this game if they want to meet those expectations. That equals pressure.
– Ever wonder what Andre Woodson is working on with Morgan Newton? Let him tell you for himself.
– Sons of Anarchy was tonight. Share your thoughts below. I don’t want to be a spoiler.
That’s it for now. Make sure you stick around all day for fun times and great laughs. As usual, Matt gets the day going with Kentucky Sports Radio at 10 am on Talk Radio 1080. In the meantime, enjoy the happiest picture ever taken.
See you in a few…