This picture was texted over to Matt from Mrs. Patterson last night with the note “Hi from San Francisco! Pat and Daniel have been working hard! Very proud of them!”
Now onto a few links…
– Out in Vegas, Jodie went for a team-high 14 points and grabbed two boards in a victory over the Dallas Mavericks.
– Over in New Zealand, Darius Miller had five points, three boards and three assists as Team USA earned a spot in today’s semifinals against Puerto Rico. UPDATE: They already won this morning and will play Greece in tomorrow’s final.
– Larry Vaught runs through his notebook and notes that Daniel Orton’s workout is going great in San Francisco and is looking forward to winning a national title.
– The Bo writes that the pressure is on IU to keep the Indiana high school talent in state for college.
– In one of the strangest articles I’ve ever seen, Austin Burton at Dime Magazine says that NCAA sports should be like a free agency system and colleges should pay high school recruits to commit. While this would favor UK, this has to be one of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard.
– One of the notable names when talking about taking commitments too early, Ryan Boatwright, says he has some interest in playing for UK. He committed to USC as an 8th grader.
– If you’re getting pumped to see Morgan Newton and don’t want to wait, the freshman QB will be playing in an All-Star game in Indianapolis next week.