The NCAA won the 2011 Sugar Bowl

Many people will tell you Ohio State finally ended their winless bowl game record against SEC teams.  They’re wrong.  Ohio State did not beat the University of Arkansas in the 2011 Sugar Bowl last night.  The NCAA did.

The five “should be suspended” players all had big games.  Terrelle Pryor’s athleticism converted third down after third down and took the MVP Trophy; Posey and Herron each scored touchdowns; and Solomon Thomas intercepted Ryan Mallet’s pass with a minute to go to win the game.  And each one of them should’ve been watching the game on TV from some tattoo parlor in Columbus.  Now they’ll all likely head to the NFL with a Sugar Bowl win as the final chapter of their college careers, without so much as a slap on their Buckeye-tatted wrists.

I hate the NCAA.  #FreeEnes

——————————————————

Terrelle Pryor – 14/25, 225 yds, 2 TDs, 15 carries, 115 yds

Daniel Herron – 24 carries, 87 yds, 1 TD

DeVier Posey – 3 rec, 87 yds, 1 TD

Mike Adams – Started at left-tackle

Solomon Thomas – Game-winning interception

——————————————————

** I’m not making excuses for Arkansas or the SEC.  Ohio State was the better team last night.  The Arkansas receivers were pathetic and the defense set the offense up for the perfect opportunity to win the game and they threw it away.  I’m just pointing out that the NCAA got exactly what it wanted out of the irrational decision to let Pryor and his buddies play.

Free Enes.

Article written by Drew Franklin

84 Comments for The NCAA won the 2011 Sugar Bowl

1. MC2010
    12:22 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

ok so ohio states players get to play in the bowl game but we are still waiting on enes?

-FREE ENES!

2. philly cat
    12:23 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

i read that as “Buckeye-twatted wrists”…

3. idc
    12:23 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

4. ShagOnSports
    12:23 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

As a fan of college football I enjoyed the game and to your point it would have not been much of game without this group… I think the Arkansas players lost this game as much as OSU won it… Dropped passes, missed fumble recovery, a blocked punt that should have been picked up and advanced for a TD and a very poor throw to end the game… Was hoping for an SEC sweep of the Big 10…

5. osprey14
    12:23 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I was hoping that this angle would not be taken by SEC lovers. Regardless of wether it fair that they played or not, The Hogs got beat OSU on the field. Stop whining about the non-penalty and realize that UA was outplayed by a better team.

UK fan….SEC Lover

6. BCO
    12:24 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I say we host a completely immature contest if they dont free Enes as to who can leave the drunkest, nastiest, most obscene voicemail on the NCAA answering machine…Hell who I am kidding, Im doing that regardless.

They better get this right…

7. why???
    12:24 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Why write this. Obviously you are just jealous that Ohio State is so good. Get over it!

8. Ciggy
    12:26 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

It’s sad, you lose so you find something to piss and moan about. This is why folks hate the SEC so damn much. Arkansas couldn’t catch a pass to save their lives last night, that’s why they lost.

9. EW
    12:27 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

NCAA=government on steroids

10. BCO
    12:30 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I believe the point Drew was trying to make was that they shouldnt have played…and they shouldnt have. It was all about that media dollar as to why they did. Its complete horse shit.

11. JohnnyB
    12:30 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Well, regardless, I already have my bid in on Pryor’s Sugar Bowl ring.

12. UKfanNKY
    12:31 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Now the five of them have rings to sell!!!!!

13. really
    12:32 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

The comments on this site are not worth reading anymore.

14. BillDozer
    12:33 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I will disagree about OSU being the better team. Had Ark just executed a couple more plays, they win by two TDs

15. Dragonophile
    12:35 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

OK, I expect to see the same article written about SEC’s Cam Newton if they win next week. The NCAA could disqualify EVERY SEC & BIG TEN school if they dug honestly into each. I just hope the OSU players come back next year & take their punishment as they have promised. I will feel OK if they do. If not, I will agree with your unethical assessment.

16. what???
    12:36 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

@7: what??? “Ohio State is so good?”….you all have to be the most overrated team in the country!!! congrats on beating the 3rd best team in the SEC! Your fans suck and somehow the NCAA decided that your team did not get “adequate rules education”

17. Dragonophile
    12:36 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Would have been interesting to see TCU & Oregon go for the national championship.

18. DoubleZeroMostel
    12:38 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I never knew we had so many Big10/ Ohio State readers on this site.

19. Festus Porkmeyer
    12:39 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I don’t think the point of the story was to whine about Arkansas losing, I think it was to make the point that the 5 players who are going to be suspended next year are important players to Ohio St. and that it would be a better game for ticket holders an viewers on TV($$$$) Do you think for a minute that if it were players who didn’t contribute they would have been suspended for the game. It’s all about the money to the NCAA

20. Syrin
    12:39 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I couldn’t agree more Drew. Preach it bro.

21. Kittylitter
    12:39 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

#7 and #8 don’t get it. This post is more about the absurdity of NCAA rulings and their inconsistency. Not a slap down to Ohio State. Coach Tressel letting the kids play because they promised they’ll come back next year to be punished speaks volumes for Ohio State and where they stand so no more needs to be said about that. The point of the post is that the NCAA will flex and bend to accommodate some schools but drag their feet and cite “the rules must be followed” when dealing with others. The NCAA is a borderline criminal organization and I hope and pray that regardless of the outcome, the Kanter family take them into a court of law and ask them to explain how they can justify the Josh Selby, Cam Newton, Ohio State decisions but let Enes Kanter sit and wait and wait and wait.

22. Dragonophile
    12:39 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I went to school at both UK and OSU. I fervently root for UK in basketball and OSU in football.

23. brandon
    12:41 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

It’s sad that all the SEC fans are taking this stance because OSU beat them. The same thing could be said if Auburn beats Oregon next week in the title game… the ncaa letting newton play is just as bad as far as I’m concerned. And then all this, congrats you beat the 3rd best team!?!? Arkansas finished only behind Auburn in the polls so saying anyone else is better is crap. You all should finally just give credit where it is due, Ohio State played a good game and congrats to them on the win.

24. Uhhh...
    12:41 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

@15: Since you (aparently) weren’t around here for the Cam Newton fiasco… yeah, most of us think he should have gotten the boot when everyone involved agreed his dad was shopping his services around. So… You probably will see such a post, if you bother to come back to look for it. All we are talking about is consistency from the NCAA.

25. Dwayne
    12:41 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

OSU clearly the better team??? Arkansas gives a C effort OSU give an A effort and they almost lose. Arkansas forgot to get off the bus and almost pull an unbelievable comeback. Clearly OSU wasn’t the better team! Good analysis Drew.

26. Dragonophile
    12:41 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

#19. It’s been said over and over – the NCAA gets almost NO MONEY from the BCS bowls. They have a separate financial status. They had no $$$$ incentive per se for the ruling.

27. yesterdays
    12:42 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Wow. Lots of love for the suckeyes on this site. The reason I detest Ohio State is that 90% of their fans cheer only for Football. They then adopt someone else for hoops. Everyone I know from that neck of the woods that went to UK professed love for our hoops team while repping the buckeyes. Columbus is a ghetto surrounded by cornfields.

28. Enes
    12:42 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I don’t see what adequate rules education means. Regardless of what they did the punishment should not have been delayed to next year when the rules were broken this year. I am just glad that our coach has more class and suspends a player when they have done wrong (Hartline) He doesn’t make a bargain to get the players to come back and make him look better next year.

29. Nunn4UK
    12:42 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I have been tweeting the NCAA this morning about the amount of fairness in their decision making join in at @insidetheNCAA.

30. BhamJ
    12:44 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

This is nothing but sour grapes. Move on.

31. Kittylitter
    12:45 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Wow, #27 is so right. I have a friend, born and raised in Dayton, who worships Ohio State football but as soon as hoops season commences, he’s the world’s biggest Duke fan. What’s up with that? Smells like fair weather fandom to me.

32. TJ Taylor
    12:46 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Money to be made on nationwide hype already in place and waiting to be cashed in;

Cam Newton;

YES – Schools other than the school the student/athlete attends
    YES – Television networks
    YES – Bowl/tournament host
    YES – Conferences
    YES – Over hyped, award offering athletic clubs
    YES – NCAA partners (i.e. souvenir sells)

The Ohio State Tattoo Five;

YES – Schools other than the school the student/athlete attends
    YES – Television networks
    YES – Bowl/tournament host
    YES – Conferences
    NO – Over hyped, award offering athletic clubs
    YES – NCAA partners (i.e. souvenir sells)

Enes Kanter;

NO – Schools other than the school the student/athlete attends
    Maybe – Television networks
    NO – Bowl/tournament host
    NO – Conferences
    NO – Over hyped, award offering athletic clubs
    Maybe – NCAA partners (i.e. souvenir sells)

The Vandy kid (Lance Goulbourne);

NO – Schools other than the school the student/athlete attends
    NO – Television networks
    NO – Bowl/tournament host
    NO – Conferences
    NO – Over hyped, award offering athletic clubs
    NO – NCAA partners (i.e. souvenir sells)

Not sure there is even any money for Vandy to cash in on with these young man. I haven’t heard, but I suspect there was no rush to get him reinstated within 24 hours for his incredibly minor offense.

33. Pissin' Blue
    12:48 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

3 out of the 5 of them or more go pro. They all won’t be staying. Liars and cheats.

34. john4uk
    12:48 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Drew,i wholeheartedly agree withn your aseesment of the NCAA and Ohio State.If this had been anyother team save Duke in basketball,the NCAA would have dropped the hammer.There seems to be those schools the NCAA loves to penalise and those who get a slight slap on the wrist.And if those 5 Ohio State don’t declare for the NFL draft,i will be completely shocked.I wonder what the NCAAs’ response will be if they go for the draft.

35. NCAA official
    12:48 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

you should see the bad-ass tat I got for letting them play!

36. yesterdays
    12:49 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

26. I am not sure if thats the case. The bowl reps have said more than once they spoke to the NCAA. I believe the specific quote they used was “our please did not fall on deaf ears” or something.

37. Dragonophile
    12:50 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

My mother’s family is from Kentucky, and that’s one reason I went to UK. I spent many summers in Estill Co. I was a UK basketball fan from early on. But I grew up mostly in Ohio. You are right #27/31 that OSU is as lopsided in football as UK is in basketball. Not many Kentuckians care about football to the extent of BB. That said, OSU has had a good basketball history & today lead UK in the polls. So its not a totally neglected child.

38. TJ Taylor
    12:52 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

If my kids did something bad yet I went on and allowed them to them to eat ice cream and cookies after dinner, but told them at tomorrows dinner they would not be allowed to each their green beans, do you think it would have much impact?

39. Festus Porkmeyer
    12:53 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

#26 I made it sound like the NCAA got money, but my point was the NCAA doesn’t want empty seats or low viewership on TV, they may not make money directly from it but they are selling a product that they want to be the best product out there. You know as well as I do that if it weren’t the players that it was accused of the wrong doings they would have had to sit out immediately (bowl game). And you have to ask why did A.J. Green have to sit out immediately at the beginning of the season, why couldn’t he just be suspended at the beginning of next year? It makes me wonder out loud.

40. NCAA official
    12:55 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

26 – The NCAA may not have gotten any money from letting them play, but my personal bank account just tripled! Thanks OSU! oh, and I have a super cool new wrist tattoo…and I also got Buckeye tattoo on my lower back! This rocks! Enes, if you want to play, email me and I’ll let you know where you can transfer the cash!

41. Just saying
    12:56 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

19. You are wrong. The Big10 commish and OSU’s president both ADMITTED they contacted the NCAA and asked if “there is anything we can do”. Truth is the NCAA doesnt get direct money from games like this, but their decisons are money driven with money bias. Cam Newton was allowed to play only because TCU was on the stoop, and the NCAA couldnt allow a non-BCS school into the National Championship game. While they do may not “get paid”, trust me, they are “protecting” the golden Goose.

So if what the players did was so bad it deserves a 5 game suspension, why do they get to play in the bowl? Its because the reg season, especially OSUs cupcake preconference schedule, wont effect OSUs status (and basically The Big 10s status) as a legit contender.

If OSUs lost again, making it 10 in a row against the SEC, then the Big 10 (THE most prominent voice against a football playoff) would lose even more ground for the NCAA to control the BCS, which like it or not is the NCAA cash cow.

42. uktrout
    12:57 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I have heard that the OSU players were in trouble for an incident that took place 2 years ago. At first I thought they should be suspended immediately. Then I realized that would not be fair to anyone. The team that got the bide to the Sugar bowl should play unless it was some terrible violation that took place recently. Is it the players fault that it 2 years for the NCAA to investigate and make a decission? If they are going to take so long than it seems fair the penalty should be delayed until next year. It will probably hurt their team more next year anyhow.
    It is taking them so long to decide on Enes he may not be a factor this year. Go Jorts!

43. tim
    12:57 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

What would it take to make some super conferences and put the NCAA out on their ass? Are there no schools interested in doing this?

44. Joe Adams
    12:58 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

35) You should see the bad-ass tats I got for dropping all those passes in the first half.

45. mocha
    12:58 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

3 – fail.
    free enes.

46. JT
    12:59 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

It amazes me how much UK football fans cheer vicariously for all SEC teams. I am the type of UK fan that Randall Cobb hates and have no ax to grind. But just for the fun of it:

Conference records in bowl games:
    Pac-10 2 1
    SEC 3 4
    Big 12 3 4
    Big 10 3 5
    SEC 0 3 (When not beating up on down big ten teams)

Conference records vs. non-conference BCS opponents:
    SEC 10 6 62.5%
    Big 12 8 4 66.7%
    Big Ten 7 5 58.3%
    Pac-10 14 10 58.3%

In other news, UK plays Pitt on Saturday at noon in something called the Compass Bowl in Birmingham, Alabama. I hear they still have tickets. The KSR home page has 1 (out of 15) article related to this actual game.

47. Festus Porkmeyer
    12:59 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

#41 Well said

48. Dragonophile
    1:04 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

To make my position clear: I agree the NCAA is irrational often & Free Enes!

49. Dragonophile
    1:07 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Last comment: I think EVERYONE tends to see extenuating circumstances when dealing with their favorite teams and clear-cut black & white when viewing rivals.

50. Soo theoretically ....
    1:10 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Can’t Enes play this year if he pinkie promises he’ll come back next year? I’ll even check his other hand to make sure he’s not crossing his fingers.

51. Enes
    1:16 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I know! Stop supporting your college teams! The schools will loss the revenue and then force the NCAA to change OR just start a new program because the FANS, Ie the money, have spoken and all they want is that Fat Athletic paycheck…no matter what they say.

Oh, and kids go to school to better there money making chances, not to just learn more, Stupid NCAA, basketball in the NBA it a JOB….MONEY that’s why kids go there d-bags

52. ThatOneGuy
    1:28 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

The NCAA is a joke. Plain and simple. They say they are “all about the student”, “we do not make decisions based on finacials”, “we are here to provide a level playing field for all programs”,,, well to you Mr. NCAA I say, WE CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH! We are not dumb. Just tell us it is in fact about the money… then we can all move on, and we may even, just maybe, respect you a little more. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck…

53. hooz bien phartin
    1:33 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Frankly it says a lot about the integrity of OSU, The Vest and the NCAA.

My Guess is New Orleans and the Sugar Bowl committee
    put a lot of heat on the NCAA – MONEY!

54. Mack
    1:35 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Not to worry, the ncaa will make up for it by allowing ENES to set in Lexington all year and not play a minute; of course they could do the very same thing to him mext year if he decided to try again.

55. BULL BUTTER
    1:35 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Have to agree some with #49. Regardless of team or sport, the NCAA is questionable at best with the enforcement of rules. Which opens the huge door for critics to sound off about fair/unfair.

56. Houston_Matt
    1:40 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

15…I agree completely. If everyone turned in every violation, there would be ZERO eliglbe athletes in any sport at any school in America. OSU just got caught. Anyone that doesn’t believe this is living in a bubble.

Also, who is to say the OSU backups wouldn’t have beaten Arkansas. The OSU backups are also 5 star players. Of course the big question would be QB, but the backup RB is really good and would have done fine and the linemen would be comparable. Posey only had 3 catches. The anti-Buckles excuse gets hold, you play the game with the players on the field.

57. tdr76
    1:44 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

The ncaa has really blown it lately. They have made consistently bad decisions, Cam Newton was allowed to play because he had no knowledge of his father’s actons. The buckeye players who recieved money for autographs, items, and free tatoos- being allowed to play in the sugar bowl. They were suspended for five games next year. We all know that they will not be back next year- they will all go pro. At age 15 years Enes Kanter probably had no ideal concerning his fiancial dealings, which his father would have had the oversight. In all reality Kanter did not really profit at all from playing with the turkish team with $20,000.00 of the $30,000.00 going to pay for his education. The ncaa needs to be consistent here and do the only decend think, allow Enes Kanter to play immediately.

58. zachuk21
    1:53 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

terrelle pryor should have his MVP trophy stripped or have an asterik next to his name. Cuz he should have never played that game. which means OS-who would of gotten beat by another SEC. thats why the NCAA is retarded….FREE ENES!!!!

59. thats budda
    2:06 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I work in Ohio and have to listen to the Buckeye fans and how all they do is win. So does my 8 year old because he has a 5’6″ kid on his team and his league sucks. Arkansas could have played rock, paper, scissors for the privelege to pick up that blocked punt and skip into the endzone but instead they knocked each other out of the play, just like the fumble that OSU scored on in the first quarter. Yeah , they were definitely the best team….in the first half.

60. NCAA brain Trust
    2:23 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

*=Lights up Cuban cigar!
    #= Sips a glass of very expensive Dom Perion champaine
    &= Blows perverbial smoke up everyone’s ass

Folks you have us all wrong*, we here at the NCAA are here for the little student athlete. We don’t want to hinder anyone’s dream from becomeing an outstanding# law bidding person. Yes we, make unpopular decisions at times#, but it’s all for being played at a level in which every man and woman can get a great education and the pleasure of participation in sports on the collegent teams of his/hers choice. We are not to discourage athletes from making a new and better life#, but to encourage them to go out unto the world and make it a better place to live#. We at the NCAA are for you…not making money, not for ourselves…..but for you, the collegent athlete &&&&&&&&&&&&

61. SexNMentalWards
    2:29 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I like how people are acting like the Big Ten got revenge or something. OSU is their pride and joy … Arkansas is about 4th on the ladder in the SEC, folks. Get real.

62. Will
    2:45 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I love UK as much as anyone. And I want Enes free as well. That said….some tattoos does not equal to thousands upon thousands of dollars that changed hands. Come on. If people found out that a Duke player from Turkey took $33,000 and was free to play….there would be chaos on this message board. EVERYONE would say he was a pro no matter what the circumstances. Lets try and stay class and be true UK fans.

63. blueblooded
    2:46 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I will say that I am not totally familiar with the OH St. case, but I thought it was the NCAA and all schools policy to immediately suspend a student athlete when they find out violations have occured. You submit the violations to the NCAA and if it was nothing, the student is reinstated. If it is a problem, I thought a school would potentially forfeit games that the athlete played in when they knew about the problem. So, a school can make a decision to let the kid play, but they run the risk of those games being forfeitted. That is why Kanter can’t play because UK does not want to take the risk.

Even if the OH St. violations occurred two years ago, as soon as the school learned of them, shouldn’t the kids have been immediately suspended until a ruling (i.e., five games) is decided? If the student uses up their eligibility or they don’t play any more like if any of the OH St. players, then the school must go back and forfeit those games? The NCAA is worthless.

64. ClevelandCat
    3:35 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Anyone that roots for Ohio St in football and UK in basketball is a disgrace.

65. OSUUKfan
    3:47 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

56 I totally agree. I am a UK alum from Columbus, Ohio so I def have a love for both programs. Growing up in Columbus I must admit that my loyalty has been with the Buckeyes and I was very disappointed to hear that 5 players were going to be suspende. But when you really think about it, what big time athlete hasn’t received improper benefits? I am willing to bet that any college athlete from a well-known school has walked into a bar and had drinks/food purchased for them as well as items thrown in “for free”. To me, receiving discounts on tattoo’s is something that would fall into that category. I highly doubt that any of these athletes ask for discounts of benefits, but I wouldn’t turn them down either. As far as selling rings, gold pants, jerseys etc., that is what I don’t understand and what makes me very mad at those 5 players.
    What upsets me the most is the amount of hate that some people have for Ohio State- what I have to say to these individuals is please save it! Why waste energy on hate, it just makes you look like an idiot. And I love how Arkansas said if they were going to play Ohio State, they would rather face an Ohio State team at their best (ie with the players who will be suspended next year) and then after they lose SEC fans say “well Ohio State beat a 3rd tier SEC team so that’s not a real win against the SEC”. Last time I checked Arkansas was the second highest ranked team in the SEC at the end of the regular season, so this argument is completely irrelevant, but nice try. I will admit that I don’t think Arkansas played their best game, which is another argument people want to throw out there, but this does not negate the fact that Ohio State WON the game. This point is ridiculous because every sports fan knows that any team can beat another team on any given day.

66. sUcKs
    4:01 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I think all the UK fans out there need to quit worrying about other colleges such as OHIO STATE and worry about their own sucky team. Why can’t they win a game? Oh.. I forgot they are going to the compass bowl… that’s something to be proud of!

67. Sour Grapes
    4:07 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Sounds like sour grapes to me, Franklin. Want some cheese with that whine?

68. KY BuckeyeFanatic
    4:23 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Just curious will you all be posting a article next tuesday “Auburn didnt win the National title the NCAA did”. Ohio State played their tail off and beat Arkansas fair and square. Why dont you look at players like Dane Sanzenbacher who had two TD’s and Cameron Heyward who played lights out on Defense. At least none of our players went to jail like one SEC qb from a bottom feeder team . Good luck in the BBVA compass bowl you need a compass to find it.

69. Erich
    4:37 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

A Buckeye beating a Razorback in a fight is impossible

70. BigBlueFan
    4:54 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Should have called it the Douche Bowl.

71. BigBlueFan
    4:54 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Should have called it the Douche Bowl.

72. brad
    4:56 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

This decision, just like all the rest that the NCAA has made recently, is the definition of stupidity. I have come to grips with the fact that Enes will almost definitely NOT be cleared to play…and I could live with that if we were seeing the same attitude displayed consistently across the board. But Cam Newton is playing, OSU 5 played, Selby is playing…they care NOTHING about the kid, only about what they can get. I don’t care that OSU won the game, they simply played the players that they had available. I just wish the NCAA didn’t suck balls!

73. Wildcat Singularity
    5:01 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Look at all the bandwagon fans come shambling out of the woods to support the NCAA’s golden child Suckeyes. Good lord, people – in a situation where the 5 players absolutely should have been suspended, but were saved by the Sugar Bowl CEO lobbying their case – yes, a CEO whose chief interest is MONEY – they still barely beat a team ranked three positions below them in terms of conference finishes! The entire situation is a pathetic homage to the money-grubbing farce that is college football.

As for UK fans, we root for the SEC because we root for our team, Kentucky. I root hard for the SEC in bowl season, and in March, but I’m always a Wildcat first.

74. ribin
    5:11 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Best team money could buy – or at least OHIO money –

75. KY BuckeyeFanatic
    5:25 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Kentucky is the Indiana of the Sec.

76. KY BuckeyeFanatic
    5:26 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

Kentucky is the Indiana of SEC football. “Yea well we pull for the SEC because it’s our conference” well you were also pulling for that sleeze bobby patrino.

77. sUcKs
    5:43 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

I agree with Brad. It shouldn’t have taken the NCAA two years to find out what was going on at Ohio State. If they would have been on top of their own game, the players could have been punished then and there. But the IRS is the one that found that the Ohio State players did wrong. If it wasn’t for them it would have gone unnoticed, like many others I am sure. People are just upset that Ohio State beat a SEC team and they proved that they are the KING of the Big Ten. Good luck next year Kentucky. You will never be a team.

78. uk21
    5:52 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

OS-who sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. HaTerS
    5:53 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

To all the Ohio State haters out there, all of u can suk on a big fat one….Yes SEC whooped the shit outta the Big 10 this year but we got them last year….Its pretty clear who is the top big ten team is and all of the country can go to hell and get over that the 5 punished players were allowed to play. Being a die hard Ohio State fan i feel they got what they deserve for “Next season” not this season. They bleed there soul out this year for the opportunity to play in the biggest bowl and where is Kentucky at….Kentucky is so jealous of Ohio, they just wanna complain and b*tch that we are the superior of the tri-state area

80. Wildcat Singularity
    6:17 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

@79 really now, do you think we’re jealous? Of what, your corn? Anybody who cares enough about Ohio to be jealous of it either has a produce-fetish or no life. Well, that goes for anyone who’s a fan of any teams in that state, too.

And even you, homer king, put next season in quotes – it seems you are aware that when these five jump ship for the NFL, not a single penalty will be levied on them for violating rules. Boy, it’s a good thing you’ve got an upstanding coach like Tressel who would never allow filthy, rule-breaking thugs to lead his team onto the field, huh? Not like that jerkface Joker – nah, that guy wouldn’t suspend his starting quarterback for breaking the rules. The sweatervest has way more class, clearly. :- \

81. KY BuckeyeFanatic
    7:10 pm January 5, 2011 Permalink

@ Wildcat Singularity
    Didn’t Hartline break the law and go to jail for hitting a woman if I am not mistaken? That sounds a whole lot worse than committing a violation. So I dont think I would call our players thugs. I am glad Ohio State got the better of the Hartline brothers with Brian who is in the NFL. UK fans who pulled for Arkansas because it was pulling for their conference the mighty SEC by which they dont contribute anything to the conference except for playing teams like Bama and Auburn on their homecoming.

82. truebluentn
    10:25 am January 6, 2011 Permalink

Only way Ohio State could have any hope of winning, OK boys do your thing, no NCAA REAL PENALTIES will be enforced.

83. KY Buckeye Fan
    4:55 pm January 6, 2011 Permalink

KSR/ Mr. Franklin,

I am a lifelong Ohio State football/basketball fan that has lived in SEC territory my entire life. I was just curious if Auburn beats Oregon next week will you post an article next week titled “The NCAA won the National Title”. Somehow I dont think you will I expect to find something like “SEC king again” or “The SEC make it five straight”. I can see where an argument can be made that the five who got to play in the sugar bowl should have been suspended. I will admit I was surprised when I heard they were eligible for the sugar bowl. It’s not like these kids broke the law or got picked up by the police. Tressel played the players that were available to him, if he hadnt played the five and they lost would there be articles praising Tressel for doing the right thing? Somehow I dont think you or any other reporter would. There would just be more one sided Buckeye bashing articles about how Ohio State is slow, overrated and cant stand up to the giants of the south eastern conference. And by the way Terrell paid for his tattoos.

Go Bucks,

84. Deth2haters
    11:30 am January 8, 2011 Permalink

You SEC babies are pathetic. You stake out the high moral ground when it wont affect your team. The minute it impacts you, you cry like babies.