The NCAA likes Drew Franklin’s style

drew-franklin-ncaa

When Drew Franklin put on his nicest pair of Levi’s 501s and crashed the NCAA offices in an effort to get Mark Emmert on camera and on the record, no one really expected him to get an interview from anyone.  But, he did.  He’s Drew.  That’s what he does.  Even more remarkable, though, is that even after visibly irritating Chuck Wynne and being questioned about how he “does business” off camera, the NCAA appears to be giving Drew some love on their official site.  I think.

In their weekly roundup of broken dreamsnews stories, the NCAA’s Dave Pickle (he looks like a Dave Pickle), throws a little note in about our friend Drew just below taking shots at Jay Bilas and spelling “Kanter” two different ways in back-to-back sentences.  Despite the obvious mistake of putting the word reporter in quotations (don’t question Drew’s journo cred), the official pickle of the NCAA called the video “entertaining and interesting to watch”, though made it clear that those of you thinking about doing the same thing best think twice about it.

Have a look:

ncaa-drew-franklin

Like they always say, great players are remembered, but legends change the game.

Franklin.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

20 Comments for The NCAA likes Drew Franklin’s style

1. Fred Bread
    9:06 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

2. Jerimy
    9:19 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

Good on you Drew.

3. shorthop69
    9:21 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

That interview sucked balls, no wonder the NCAA liked it

4. WestWorld
    9:29 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

Yeah – that interview didn’t help the image of Kentucky a whole lot. Can you say backfired?

5. tblake
    9:31 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

Dave Pickle looks F’n delicious in that pic…..delicious I say!

6. James
    9:39 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

Hey check out this live chat w/ Coach Cal on FSSouth at noon http://tinyurl.com/2d8as8z

7. Capnmonkey
    9:44 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

I think the person that was most surprised about getting an actual interview was Drew himself…
    I’m not claiming I’d do any better, I can understand him being nervous, but the video could’ve been edited in a way that made Drew seem a little more hardnosed reporter and a little less nervous guy in jeans.

8. Cousins Fake Teeth
    9:51 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

Where is the interview at online? I couldnt find it

9. HubbaBubba
    9:59 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

The awesomeness that is Drew Franklin continues to grow. 3.4. Go troll in other waters please.

10. Dougie
    9:59 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

Drew did an awesome job and KSR should be proud. Those of you who didn’t love it and find it delightfully hilarious are probably also Jerry Tipton fans. Lighten up people.

11. Runnin'Ramel
    10:20 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

I’m just bummed that I didn’t walk over there for to be a “plant” interview outside the NCAA, unleashing fury about the Enes decision. I work right across the street.

12. Chuck Hayes
    11:25 am January 31, 2011 Permalink

Epic I say! Everybody that went to college knows a dude like Drew: gets pie-eyed, oversleeps, then makes better grades in Chem222 than you did. The more Drew the better.

13. I Call John Wall At Night
    1:07 pm January 31, 2011 Permalink

Someone’s going to have to pay for me choking on my sausage biscuit after clicking the Dave Pickle link.

14. Katbluefan
    1:29 pm January 31, 2011 Permalink

One question I wish Drew would have ask, “Why was Kanter recruited by Univ. of Washington if he had so many problems”? I would like to seen what kind of answer Wayne would have given. Couldn’t have been any more confusing than what Emmert said.

15. manu1433
    1:53 pm January 31, 2011 Permalink

like what drew did but he still looks like a jobber on camera

16. fatcat
    2:10 pm January 31, 2011 Permalink

haha Drew looks like a russian immigrant in that picture…

17. bigblueballs
    3:21 pm January 31, 2011 Permalink

Where can i find the entire video at? I have beeen dieing to see it and can’t find it. All i can find is part 1 of the video on youtube? Can someone please post a link? Thanks

18. Minnis williams
    6:10 pm January 31, 2011 Permalink

Hey Guys

I would like to see part II of the inverview, but never saw it posted here.

19. Bulldawg
    6:12 pm January 31, 2011 Permalink

Kanter is spelled exactly the same both times it appears in the quote. Take another hit beis…

20. clancykatt
    7:29 pm January 31, 2011 Permalink

Well, I thought it was the dumbest thing I ever saw – and I’m old.
    No prep, stupid questions, stupid jokes,…( heavy sigh ).
    What about the guy at West Va last year, what about the guy at Louisville this year, what about the pro baseball players, why a permanent ban, what about all the guys that don’t want to play college and here we get a guy that wants to – etc, etc.
    And the bribe was unbelievable – not funny. Here we have a NCAA guy actually answering questions and being intelligent and you act like a fool.
    You made people of Ky look stupid and KSR look like a joke.