The Matt Jones Podcast welcomes on Steve Romines, a longtime lawyer, legal expert, and friend of KSR, to break down all the legal implications of the last three weeks of protest and his analysis of the Breonna Taylor and David McAtee cases.
- What it’s like to watch the ongoing protests through the eyes of an attorney
- The lasting implications of police brutality
- Why do black Americans and the poor get “screwed” in the criminal justice system?
- Explaining the ins and outs of the Breonna Taylor case
- How Romines would charge the officers in the case as a prosecutor
- The presence of good and bad apples on the police force
- As a lawyer, what was Romines’ reaction to the George Floyd video?
- Representing the family of David McAtee
- What happened the night McAtee was killed?
- What policies would Romines put in place?