The Marshall Henderson File

Using astrology for predictions is a practice that has been around for years – centuries in fact. There are many tools that psychics use to look into the future, astrology being just one them. Can astrology offer you something the other skills and practices cannot? Many people think it does as it offers a unique snapshot for that one person; rarely are two people astrology charts identical.

What is involved in using astrology for predictions?

The planets are not still; stars come and go, the universe lives and breathes, ebbing and flowing and these paths, or transits as they are known, affect us. Some will challenge us in our lives, some transits force us into states of change, as well bringing great joy and sorrow. Visit the website Astropro to know more about astrology and planet position.

Tonight, the Cats face Ole Miss and the most talked about player on the planet right now, Marshall Henderson. Henderson has a checkered past and a…colorful attitude on and off the court. Let’s get to know a little more about the man you’ll be screaming at tonight:

MARSHALL “Mathers” HENDERSON

Birthdate: September 19, 1990
Birthplace: Hurst, TX
Height, weight: 6’2″, 175 lbs.

Astrological Sign: Virgo

Virgo’s symbol is the virgin, which is completely appropriate for Henderson. By nature, Virgos are compassionate and caring, with a secret desire to love and be loved in return. Maybe that’s what Marshall is looking for during these late night trips to the bars?

Playing history:

Utah (2009 – 2010): Henderson started 30 of 31 games, averaged 11.8 points per game and made 65 of 194 three-pointers. He was given All-Mountain West Honorable Mention honors.
Texas Tech (2010 – 2011): Sat out due to transfer. Committed to Pat Knight only to have him fired and replaced with…Billy Gillispie. Shortly thereafter, was arrested a forgery charge, which was eventually dropped (see “Criminal History”). Nevertheless, that was the end of his time in Lubbock.
South Plains Junior College (2011 – 2012): Henderson spent last season at South Plains JC, where his team went undefeated. He averaged 19.6 points per game and won the JUCO National POY award and a JUCO National Title.
Ole Miss (2012 – present): Henderson is currently averaging 19.2 ppg, which leads the SEC. He’s shooting 35.7% from three-point range, and with 207 threes attempted this year, he’s not afraid to jack them up. He is averaging 3.9 threes a game, which also leads the SEC, so brace yourself.

Criminal history:

July 13, 2011: Arrested on forgery charges in Forth Worth, Texas
Many in the media have said that Henderson was arrested on felony drug charges while at Texas Tech. That’s technically not true. In 2009 as a high school senior, Henderson used $800 of counterfeit money to buy 59 grams of marijuana in two separate transactions. He was charged with forgery and put on probation, which he violated when he transferred from Utah to Texas Tech. As a result, he spent 25 days in jail and seven weekends of work release last spring.

Basketball skills:

— Threes, how Henderson likes his baskets and his women. As we said earlier, the most dangerous part about Henderson may not be how many threes he makes, but how many he attempts. Right now, he’s averaging 11 attempts a game, which means that he’ll more than likely prove John Calipari right tonight and attempt 13.

— Henderson has absolutely no fear. He will jack up a three or drive the lane without abandon. As we’ve learned with Archie Goodwin, that can either be awesome or awful. For Henderson, it’s mostly the former.

Life skills:

— Strong communication skills. Marshall isn’t afraid to express himself, either verbally or physically.

— Jersey modeling. What better way to get your team’s name noticed than having it popped in your face?

— Bridging generations. Opposing fans young, old, male, female, black, white all find a reason to either love or hate Marshall. Mostly hate.

Trademark moves:

Crazy Eyes
Elbow Punch
Double Fisting
Tongue curl
Jersey pop
Guns up

Twitter profile: @NativeFlash22

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who’s drawn comparisons between Henderson and Marshall Mathers, aka Eminem. Henderson embraces the comparisons, and often tweets Eminem lyrics:

Also not surprising: Marshall is a big fan of the weekly Twitter holiday #whitegirlwednesday:

He enjoys quality family-friendly television:

Finally…

Actually, I’d like to hear the rest of that dream. Was there a taxi cab involved?

Coaches on Marshall:

Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin: “He’s one of those guys I would have liked to play with ’cause I did a little trash talking myself.”

Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy: “He’s talking to himself more than anybody else. For the people who aren’t around him, that might look a little unusual. But we’re used to it. I mean, I used to talk to myself when I played. Actually, I still do talk to myself–usually about Marshall’s shot selection. That makes me mutter under my breath.”

Steve Green, Henderson’s coach at South Plains Junior College: “He’s like the craziest fan at the game. If he was allowed to, he would probably paint his face and come out and play. And anybody that says anything to him, he’d have something to say back. He’ll jaw with you. He’s no different than the guy sitting in the stands rooting hard for his team who has paid his money to come to the game and have a good time.”

Marshall on Marshall:

“Everyone has a little white dude that can shoot 3s.”

“That’s not really me reacting. That’s like my heart and soul coming out of me. All the work I put in to finally be successful on a great team.”

“I don’t like layups. In fact, I hate two pointers.”

Need more reason to hate (or love to hate) Henderson? He’s a Duke fan.

53 Comments for The Marshall Henderson File

1. John Madden
    12:05 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

I hadn’t heard the Marshall Mathers line regarding Henderson yet. Boom.

2. 'toine
    12:09 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

“Why you shoot so many three’s ?”
    “’cause there ain’t no fours man “

3. B-Lord
    12:10 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

This is why I hate the fact that we don’t have a bruiser on our team. Dude weighs 175. Should be put on his pants a few times tonight. Too bad we don’t have anyone with the sack big enough to do it.

4. Tampa Satchel
    12:12 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

I love this guy. I just hope he’s off tonight, then continues his tear after us.

5. string music
    12:13 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

You forgot to show the clip where he slapped a BYU player. Check the video starting around the 1:00 minute mark.

6. T_F_Licker
    12:14 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

I like this kid, but something tells me not so much after tonight.

7. JBR
    12:14 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Yep, if our guys don’t man up against this punk, I may have to just bail on our team this year. I can’t stand punks like this, and if our guys let him talk his smack to them, well we are as weak as we appear that we are. I say put in a scrub to start, and just punch him in the mouth first play. Set the tone.

8. Weather Service
    12:15 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Weather is going to be terrible in Oxford tonight. Significant risk of strong tornadoes. Hope we don’t have a repeat of the SEC tournament in Atlanta.

9. excellent!
    12:16 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

This gasbag reminds me of ‘west end of Louisville’ guy. Shut him up, Cats!

10. tom
    12:17 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, he’s arrogant and vocal but so what? That was a hell of a shot that he hit against Vandy sending the game into OT. It’s one thing to be arrogant and not be able to back it up. It’s another thing to have your play on the court match your mouth.

He is passionate, a show boat and probably a little crazy. While I wouldn’t want him at a party I was throwing, the guy can shoot the basketball. I just hope he doesn’t light us up for 40 tonight. Who is going to shut him down? The only guy, to me, is Polsen in stretches. I think Jared could demonstrate the defensive focus needed to track him. He will still get his 20…the key is to keep him from getting 40.

11. Dear IU and UL, We are National Champs; you are not. The end.
    12:19 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

This guy makes Noah seem cool.

12. bloobloodcat
    12:19 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

I have a HORRIBLE, utterly despicable feeling, that this kid is going to play like it’s his national championship tonight. i hope he goes 0-13.

13. DREW
    12:20 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Check out the 7:11 mark. He has some words for defending champs UK the day he signs with ole miss

14. mike
    12:20 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Not going to lie..I go to Ole Miss..and this guy is the real deal. I am a die hard cats fan and have watched henderson every home game this year. He is absolutely unreal to watch and the amount of energy he exerts is amazing. The Tad Pad at ole miss is one of the loudest/craziest arenas in the country, don’t believe me? ask brandon knight. I am pumped for tonights game. lets go cats and hotty toddy

15. bloobloodcat
    12:21 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

blocked from twitter at work, what’d he say about Duke?

16. Crizzley
    12:25 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

#7 may bongo something. Put in Malone and have him dive at the kids knees. If you can’t beat them, hurt them.

17. Tampa Satchel
    12:27 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

This is a perfect game for us. We have a guy calling our young kittens out on a national stage. Here is where we find out what they are made of.

If we can shut him down or at least make him take way too many shots to get his pints, then we have a good shot. If we don’t have the heart to D him up, then we’ll lose.

This is the first time I’ve ever been pumped to see an Ole’ Miss game.

18. Tampa Satchel
    12:28 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Crizzley- Why would you want to cheat to win?

19. brain
    12:32 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

The most talked about player on KSR but not the planet.

20. btowncatfan
    12:36 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

The double fisting link wasn’t anything like i imagined.

21. Trick
    12:36 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

marshall mathers? More like he is trying to be a one, Mr. Trick Daddy…”Baby, cause I’m a thug”

22. jd
    12:37 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

This guy doesn’t seem to be all that interested in playing a full game of defense from the clips I’ve seen. If he was forced to play D for an ENTIRE game, I think it might cut into his O a bit. Ryan and Archie need to run him relentlessly.I would key everything off of their dribble penetration while he is guarding them. I am not sure that he can/will choose to consistently stay with them. He may pick up a few more fouls as well. They key will be for Ryan and Archie to stay under control. It will be a great game for them to unveil the floater/pullup that cal has mentioned, particularly as Ole Miss seems to rely on their big guys to erase Henderson’s mistakes once penetrating guards get inside.

23. catcrawler
    12:39 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

He looked like he was on speed or something during the Auburn game. His eyes were all jacked up.

24. Tweeter
    12:39 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

15 he just said he loves basketball but will always cheer for his blue devils

25. Dusten
    12:40 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Ole Miss lost to Indiana State who lost to Illinois State who lost to Drake who lost to St Marys who lost to Georgia Tech who lost to Cal who lost to Colorado who lost to Wyoming who lost to Fresno State who lost to Long Beach State who lost to Syracuse who lost to Villanova who lost to Alabama who lost to Tennessee who lost to UK. Which is why I’M GUARANTEEING A VICTORY TONIGHT over the Ole Gurl.

26. cdc_uky
    12:40 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Archie will play tight on him to defend the three (his obvious first choice). If he gets around AG, I am looking forward to Noel making him eat the ball.

He is going to get his points but I hope there are a couple of moments where we put him in his place.

Cats by 5…

27. Dusten
    12:40 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

^^ credit to Michael Kearney for research.

28. StadiumFrameFinalFourPrint
    12:41 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

this dude is getting more publicity on this site than me these days. wth?

29. Otis
    12:45 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Who all is feeling a breakout game by Jon Hood?

30. Otis
    12:46 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

25) I like your logic.

31. Dusten
    12:49 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

30) Thanks. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

32. Reality Check
    12:52 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Prediction = Sam Malone snaps when he sees the antics of Henderson and tells archie to get out of the game cause he’s coming in. Sam drains 10 for 10 on 3’s and UK wins. Sam punches Henderson in the mouth as the clock runs out then does a pose down over his limp body before heading off the court.

33. craigw
    12:55 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

when did squidward start coaching Ole Missed?

34. mudcreekmark
    12:57 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

The key is for whomever is guarding him not leave him. Do not, I repeat, do not leave him to help out on anyone at anytime. I hate when a guard leaves a terrific three point shooter to help an Anthony Davis or Noel defend a terrible low post player. It happens all the time. You leave a 40% three point shooter averaging 20 points a game to double down against a center who averages 6 points a game who also happens to be going against the best defensive center in the nation? WTF. I could throw something through the TV when people do dumb crap like that.

35. o'boro catfan
    12:57 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Anybody have an over/under on how long it will take before Marshall fights the law and the law wins!! My take, by October of 2013 “the sheriff” will be doing time in the grey and orange stripped PJ’s

36. Jim
    12:58 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

I wish UK had him. We need some energy like that and enthusiasm. Looks like UK is getting ready to get its A** whooped again. We wont go anywhere with Goodwin, Polythress and Mays. Sorry to say Cal struck out with this bunch!

37. Tim
    1:00 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

This guy shoots 38% from the field. His team has played no one worth mentioning unless you want to mention an over-rated Missouri team. And they lost to MTSU and Indiana State.

UK wins easily.

38. mudcreekmark
    1:03 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

36) You hit the nail on the head. Enthusiasm is contagious.Last years team had in bunches. The key to Florida winning back to back was Noah and his enthusiasm for the game. Everyone followed his lead. It just gets the teams juices going. It is hard to walk up and down the court like you’re mad at the world(Goodwin, Poythress) when you have someone like Henderson or Noah or MKG, playing and acting like their lives depend on every possession.

39. thewestkykid
    1:07 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

As bad as the defense is for the Wildcat guards I have a bad feeling this kid will destroy the cats worse then Turner did.

40. Laker Cat 18
    1:12 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

So we need to get this guy “emotionally intoxicated” tonight.

41. Kid MC
    1:18 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

if this guy shows us up tonight, I am done with this team. I am already humbled, but refuse to be humiliated by this white rapper.

42. Tampa Satchel
    1:24 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Jim- I agree with your first two statements. There’s a lot of whining on here about him, but I kind of like the way he acts. I wish we had a player who could get the fans and his teammates jacked up like that.

MKG had a similar effect, though without the “look at me” attitude. I hope we send a pack house home disappointed and I also hope Ole Miss continues to win after we leave town. We need our wins to remain strong. UL’s 3 in a row is killing us.

43. Jim
    1:39 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

All of the “hype” went to this teams head. The only two I feel are actually trying is Wiltjer and Noel. The other bunch cant leave soon enough, can you imagine being stuck with Poythress and Goodwin for 4 years? #41 I cant ever be done with this team its UK and I will always be behind them but we as fans cant expect Cal to always get it right, whoever told him Goodwin and Poythress belong on this team was dead wrong.

44. Slim Shady
    1:41 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Y’all act like you never seen a white person before
    Jaws all on the floor like Pam, like Tommy just burst in the door
    and started whoopin her a** worse than before

45. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    1:55 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

You should post the video where he slaps the BYU player in the face while he played for Utah.

46. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    1:57 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

47. cdc_uky
    2:09 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Otis…your comment made me laugh. Counting on a Jon Hood breakout game (or even mentioning one) is funny stuff at this point. On a team that defends poorly, Hood would be just one more liability on the court. He does not offer much on the other end either…

48. TheProfessor
    2:11 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

This kid is vastly overrated…38% from the floor…35% from three

49. Jim
    2:12 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

UK needs some of that!!…

50. Tampa Satchel
    2:17 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Professor-You must not be a math prof. 35% from 3=about 47% from 2. That is above average.

51. @nativeflesh-1.2"
    2:45 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Ayyeeeee 48hrs from “TrailorTrashThursday” Whoop Whoop! All you FatWhiteTrailor girls hit me up!

52. filbert
    4:27 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

Im about as tired of hearing about this henderson kid about as much as i am Manti Te’o…next subject please!!!

53. PIX2CLICK
    4:44 pm January 29, 2013 Permalink

====

Simply put ………. OUCH !

The Ky. Kittens will have to “nut up” just to keep from getting embarrassed ….. let’s hope lightening strikes in UK’s Gatorade …………. that we find ourselves both offensively and defensively …….

in other words ….. we need to play better than we may be capable of playing !

As far as Henderson goes …… if he was in a UK uniform in RUPP ARENA …….. He would be Pelphrey, Farmer, Feldhaus …… SQUARED !!!!

====