The Louisville game holds a special place in Hatcher’s heart

UK Football Media Day

It’s tough to get a good response out of any player when you ask them about the highly-anticipated second home game of the season, ya know, the one against those Sugar Bowlin’ Louisville Cardinals. “We’re just going to take it one game at a time,” they all say, when we all know it’s somewhere toward the front of their minds. But freshman defensive end Jason Hatcher opened up just a little bit yesterday when asked about the September 14th showdown.

“That game holds a special place in my heart. I’m going to say that,” he said. “That game, I’m not going to say it means more than the other games, but that game means something different to me than it does to everyone else.”

Hatcher chose to sign with Kentucky over his hometown Cardinals, a rare move from a product of Trinity High School. His former Shamrock teammate, James Quick, another high school standout, stuck with Trinity tradition and signed with the birds last spring. Quick and Hatcher will meet for the first time as rivals this season and Hatcher has some advice for his teammates on how to slow Quick down.

He said, “Put that hat on him. That’s the only thing I’m going to say. I’m not saying nothing else. Make sure you put a hat on him.”

When Kent Taylor told Hatcher that’s not going to be easy to do, he fired back, “No, but it’s gonna happen. It’s gonna happen.”

938 hours ’til kickoff…

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for The Louisville game holds a special place in Hatcher’s heart

1. Lloyd Johnny Schnitz
    7:47 pm August 6, 2013 Permalink

Yahtzee

2. gobgblu37
    7:54 pm August 6, 2013 Permalink

Both schools have had success recruiting Louisville HS talent but the dirty birds have probably gotten the two best recently in Redman and Bush. But the times are a changing, Hatcher has as much upside as anyone coming out of Louisville since Johnny U. I have feeling that Hatcher in Stoops defense could be our first All American on defense since Big Art. GBB!!!

3. Facts please
    8:12 pm August 6, 2013 Permalink

He chose us over USC

4. Bobbum man
    8:46 pm August 6, 2013 Permalink

3- he had already decommitted from USC and was essentially down to us n the tards…. Get ur facts right please

5. BlueTexan
    9:46 pm August 6, 2013 Permalink

Love that Hatcher joined the BBN…his attitude, enthusiasm and leadership can/will set the stage for a revitalized Defense…he’ll certainly be remembered as one who helped re-build a storied program…thanks Jason! We all look forward to supporting you the next 4 years…

6. mike
    10:34 pm August 6, 2013 Permalink

Trinity hasn’t always had kids going to UL. 4 or 5 from my class went to UK(85) including Mike Pfiefer, Andy Murray and Carwell Gardner(all starters) and a couple walkons.

7. KSRgraduateschool
    12:03 am August 7, 2013 Permalink

Louisville is the third game of the season on my schedule.

8. Awaiting Moderation
    12:24 am August 7, 2013 Permalink

4) actually he had re-committed to USC just before flipping to UK…get your faycts straight…

9. Walter
    6:48 am August 7, 2013 Permalink

As a THS grad, I am proud to have this Shamrock on the Cats and will make the season even that more great to watch!

10. CatsFanFrankfort
    9:27 am August 7, 2013 Permalink

#7. Its the third game on my schedule too. But also the 2nd HOME game, as the article states.

11. gaming
    5:33 am August 9, 2013 Permalink

Hello there, You will have completed an amazing work. Let me definitely reddit the idea and also independently suggest for you to my pals. I’m self-assured they shall be took advantage of this web site.