The Lexington Fire Department’s Sunday Morning Links

lex fire

Dedicating this morning’s links to the Lexington Fire Department is the least I can do to repay the Bluegrass’ finest. Even though our 3:00 AM emergency could have been solved with a well charged battery, it was reassuring to know that 2 firetrucks and an emergency vehicle were there to help me within 10 minutes. The neighbors may not share my same gratitude for their early morning wake-up call, but I could not be more thankful for Lex Fire.

Like most Kentuckians, my experience with ice hockey is limited to the Louisville RiverFrogs and the Lexington Thoroblades. Lucky for me, my roommates turned on last night’s Western Conference Finals in the waning minutes late last night. With 9.3 seconds left in regulation the defending Stanley Cup Champion L.A. Kings scored a goal to force overtime in a 3-3 tie. The Chicago Blackhawks went on to win in 2 OTs after Patrick Kane completed a hat trick to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Triple Crown season ended yesterday with longshot Palace Malice taking home the crown. Now with 35 years come and gone since the last Triple Crown winner, Deadspin dives deep into ALMOST Triple Crown winner Big Brown, discussing the fall from grace for the horse, the owners, and the trainer since Big Brown nearly attained greatness.

If you had an awesome 90s childhood like myself you’re most likely a HUGE fan of Boy Meets World. If watching re-runs makes you nostalgic, go ahead and see what happened when the cast got together for their first reunion since the 2000 finale. The only downer: my first crush Topanga Lawrence was not in attendance.

The masterminds at the WNBA debuted a ‘referee cam’ during their ABC broadcasts. Was it a success? The goofy goggles captured Lamont Simpson delivering a technical foul; so yeah it actually is pretty awesome. I thought I liked hearing coaches Mic’d up, but this adds a completely new dimension.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

10 Comments for The Lexington Fire Department’s Sunday Morning Links

1. Bob
    10:08 am June 9, 2013 Permalink

Did your dildo catch on fire?

2. Eldrick
    10:11 am June 9, 2013 Permalink

Where is Matt and Drew?

Here are some ideas for your blog before the season starts

1) what uniform numbers will the twins select

We will interview assistant softball coach from Rockastle County High School

4. Smitty
    11:00 am June 9, 2013 Permalink

*** Kentucky Thoroughblades***

5. Hey Nick
    11:22 am June 9, 2013 Permalink

I thought we were going to hear some football recruiting news from yesterday. Where’s Matt, put him on the line. I need to speak to him.

6. tyrus
    11:36 am June 9, 2013 Permalink

Getting pathetic here but when the boss sees greener pastures, priorities change and the autopilot button is engaged on less important entities.

7. LexCar
    12:25 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

I don’t care enough to defend him personally but you all seem so ignorant complaining about Matt. He took a vacation for two weeks, in the slowest news period for the site. Greener pastures? Seems like the best business decision to me…

8. Nick Roush
    1:34 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

Come on guys, I can’t relay the best recruiting news of the day during Church. You gotta think PrimeTime. Give it whirl at around 2:15 and I think you’ll be pleased.

9. tyrus
    1:55 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

Aware LexCar but trend longer than two weeks. Opinion is my interpretation of the facts. Now think of something on your own and leave my thoughts out of it.

10. Tyrus_Dad
    4:03 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

Dont worry guys I put Tyrus to bed, he forgot he didn’t understand how the world works.