The Legend of the Harrison Twins grows

AARON-ANDREW-HARRISON-UK-JERSEY

For months, we’ve heard how competitive the Harrison Twins are. They’ve been described as stone cold killers, and Cal called them alpha males (Andrew especially) with the will to win that was missing from last year’s squad. In the first installment of a series profiling UK’s 2013 class, RookieWire.com examines the twins, who they describe as “absolute killers.” Let’s go over the highlights:

They are cold-blooded. These two want to win, they want to bury you and stick around to pile the dirt up on you. They want to win 100-0 and each score 50. Not in a selfish way, but in the killer way. A real killer always wants to be the one pulling the trigger.

That mentality can have some drawbacks. Quick-tempered players always make a mistake or two because of their emotions, and BBN has been known to hold them accountable for it. However, the author points out: “do you want a nice guy to lead you through battle or a badass?” Badass FTW.

They back all that attitude up with skill. RookieWire says that the twins are perfect for the dribble drive offense, based on their ability to attack the rim, penetrate and kick or dribble in and lob. Andrew is particularly apt at attacking the lane, while Aaron “can drive in or spot up and drop bombs with sniper-like precision.”

Is it November yet??

[RookieWire: #GSOC: Killer Duo — Andrew & Aaron Harrison]

You looked like you wanted some highlights, too:

47 Comments for The Legend of the Harrison Twins grows

1. Musehobo
    4:12 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

It’s really hard to find kids who have a killer instinct, without the attitude. However, Cal is so elite at recruiting he can find these kids. I think there are some players he’s had in the past that he wouldn’t take now that he knows he doesn’t have to put up with it to win.

2. Ain't
    4:21 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

One Wiggings >>>>>>>twins

3. BlueLionKingX8
    4:23 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

The Harrison Twins will change the college game because of their ability to DOMINATE……What you see is what you get….both 6″5 205, both are bullies….both DEMAND to win and REFUSE to lose……..Its not a gimmick!!!!!!

4. jengland
    4:24 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

I saw enough through the first minute. Cal is going to have almost limitless weapons next season.

I have been saying the same thing since his second season #1.

5. bigblue
    4:25 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

#2) no, dummy.

6. BlueLionKingX8
    4:32 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Winggin was intimidated by just playing 3 games with the twins……His game was inconsistent all 3 games……But the twins dominated their positions AS EXPECTED…..wiggins who?

7. schwing
    4:34 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

!

8. Wiggings Siting
    4:35 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Hey #2-Looks like several wiggings were spotted flying over your house. Better batten down the hatches!

9. Chuck Alexinas
    4:36 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

They will transfer to Lamar after “leading” UK to another her first round NIT loss

Every top 500 player has a highlight video

10. Yes
    4:37 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

I love the harrision smirk just as much as I hate the Crean smirk. It’s intimidates me to the point where i almost feel sorry for our opponents. They really are stone cold killers.

11. Chuck Alexinas
    4:39 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

I reflected on this issue. And then I still came up with that stupid post. I am a lost soul…

12. Mike Damone
    4:40 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

The got the attitude Rat.

13. Mark Ratner
    4:40 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

attitude? huh what? what’s the attidude?

14. Ridge Runner
    4:41 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Damn, that article pumped me up for the season Ms T! Lets Roll Now!!!

15. Chuck Alexinas
    4:43 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Pointless and Goodriddance had great highlight videos and did much better than these psycho twins in the all-star games

16. badass
    4:49 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

that article just pumped me up so much i am about to walk out of my cube and throw my coffe cup across the room. then i am going kick the first persons ass I see.

17. Cal's Pal
    4:52 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

PLEASE tell me you all saw that dude literally fall on his face after getting shook at the 23 second mark

18. [email protected] Smittybeatz
    4:56 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

We could go 40-0 and ppl would still be like…(retard voice) What about that NIT game……[email protected] im sure you’ll be watching uks games with a hard on

19. Ridge Runner
    4:56 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

16, I hear ya! I want to rip something apart. haha

20. Ridge Runner
    4:59 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

18, It has become so laughable to me over the years whenever someone wishes to ditch us (UK), they reach into the thousands of games we have played whether past or recent and select one where we were upset to push a comment or point. Friggin so childish like 3rd grade or something.

21. BlueLionKingX8
    5:03 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Sigh.. 20 your sooo right

22. UT 88. UK 58
    5:04 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

NIT first round loss to Robert Morris

Twins are not better than Ryan Harrow

Bubble team again at best

23. me
    5:07 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Only thing bad about that highlight video is I can’t tell which twin is which most of the time. Also, to use a term they throw around all over the NBA draft coverage – these guys seem like “elite athletes” to me…but there’s not a lot of footage of them playing above the rim. Not much fast-break footage either. I assume they’re fast, anyone know how fast?

24. jengland
    5:10 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

#16 you just made my day with that comment. Sounds like you need to put together your own highlight video!

25. Identical twin
    5:16 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

As an identical twin, I’m asking we don’t keep calling them Harrison twins. Y’all think it’s cute but actual twins want to be called their actual names. We hate being lumped together because I guarantee they have completely different personalities.

26. bbr
    5:17 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Add those two to last year’s team and it becomes a final four team – that’s how much of difference makers they are

27. TT
    5:25 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

They’re not as cool as my twins. OH YEAH!!!

28. BBS
    5:25 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

They look like a pair of thugs
    Probably will get into a huge brawl during the season and get suspended

29. RealCatsFan
    5:27 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

LMAO at #22! Not better than Harrow – man, that’s rich! Enjoy watching the ass-whoopin’s the Cats will be laying on your convict-orange boys! #revengetour

30. Chris from Richmond
    5:42 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Poison will be named starter after the first practice per Oscar Combs

31. Oscar is yo dady
    5:56 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

30) don’t even try to up stage Oscar Combs about UK basketball. He’s forgot more about the Cats then most will ever know. Hell he even used UK sports to become a millionaire.
    As good as the twins are they will have to play their a$$ off to keep Young off the court! I think Young will end up being a fan favorite! Think Lamb but bigger and faster. Kids got a smooth game and WANTED to be a cat!

32. keith kennedy
    5:58 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

i’ll be glad when all the talk is over,his the twins on campus yet?

33. keith kennedy
    6:01 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

GO CATS,hang no# 9 in your face.

34. BlueLionKingX8
    6:23 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

@#32……na not yet, I live on campus…been seeing Randle and willis quite a bit though!!!

35. rj
    6:25 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

when we play louisville it will be the twins “who would be going in the draft if it wasn’t for the 1 year rule” and gary coleman and webster ” a breeze from a open window is the only draft they be in.

36. rj
    6:31 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

every time the twins go up for a jump shot they will probally teabag those little louisville guards forheads.

37. Chaz
    7:32 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

#25 – hear you loud and clear. I have two sets of twins in my immediate family, I should have thought about that already. But what do suggest as a short cut when writing about them? I don’t want to use numbers ’cause that means one of them is lesser than the other. Guess we’ll have to use first names longhand style.

38. Spin'n'Grin
    7:47 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

I like it when they smile. Think they’ll be smiling a lot this winter. good post MTT.

39. It it what it is
    8:16 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Like Maryland ever really had a chance!

40. keith kennedy
    8:59 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

Thanks @#32 4the info on the twins not on campus yet,keep us posted. GO BIG BLUE.

41. keith kennedy
    9:06 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

Once the Harrison twins are on UK campus,will need a T that says HEADS UP THE TWINS ARE ON CAMPUS,yea thats what i need,GO CATS,hang NO#9in your face.

42. htown
    2:15 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

hate to break it to ya guys, but they aren’t that good! I’ve seen them play, and for the life of me I can’t figure out the allure….they will be average, next year, and won’t start. Good luck with them!

43. Bbob
    6:23 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Guy’s isn’t it great the BBN haters that have been laughing at our NIT lost last year now must look into the eye of the tiger . I do not think anyone has an ideal just how good Kentucky’s backcourt will be .I think when you add in the back up guard it maybe an NBA backcourt . I say this because all 3 guards are great defense players . This may also be the greatest Basketball team ever come March .They better be because this is the strongest year i can remember for an long long time so many teams this strong .I am not going to lie i would have loved to have had Wiggins aboard this team and i checked everyday on his decession for months . With that said and Kansas an very strong team now .My #1 player was Randle and he’s an Cat .I feel he is stronger inside and out than either 1 or 2 players . By the end of this season he will go 1 in the NBA and will be an monster . I have been waching Big Blue for 53 tears this year and i am so excited to watch this Monster i mean team unleashed on the NCAA basketball world . I guess the Haters will go back to were cheating since the 3rd title will belong to the bluegrass state again . Excuse me undefeated Title .

44. Pat
    6:46 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Great hands!

45. eray
    9:40 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Alexinas…..really. You were out of your league.

46. Knowledge
    9:17 am June 8, 2013 Permalink

Regardless of how these young guys play and other basketball players on different teams play or really how good they are, I for one am really tired of hearing the one and done when it comes to these kids. Really if you think about it, it’s really hurting these youngsters the info they’re getting about coming out early without proper development. Cause what you have is going to be a standing room only NBDL league and the reason for that is because the NBA is already super full. NBA has no room for kids that are one and done because they are not skilled enough on top of the fact the players in the NBA are also young as well. I mean really what team would one of these dudes start for, let alone even play for. Even the weakest team in the NBA has wayyy more talent than any of these future one and done kids will ever see. I just think that pushing these kids for the one and done hype is just setting them up for the fast track to being the tallest kid working at Mc Donald’s. I love college basketball but I just would hope that some of these kids not only stayed a little while to develop and get a better game but to concentrate on that free or close to free education which should be more important, regardless even if you stayed longer and risked injury you left too early and risked being homeless.

47. yeah yeah
    7:56 pm June 8, 2013 Permalink

Hey #16 badass. Instead of kicking the first persons ass you see why don’t you go do something uk fans are good at. Burning couches and losing to Zach Morris and the bayside bashers in the first round of the NIT.