The legend of Marshall Henderson continues…

Marshall Henderson’s on the court play hasn’t necessarily lived up to the hype in every game since the loss to Kentucky, but his off the court persona and string of absurdity has continued. Last night following a 25 point performance in an overtime win against Georgia, Henderson provided a gem of a post-game quote. Some of Henderson’s previous post-game celebration photos have already made the rounds on the internet, so it really comes as no surprise that after a few comments in the post-game interviews last night, he had this to say: “If it’s all the same, it’s Saturday night. I’m out.”

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

19 Comments for The legend of Marshall Henderson continues…

1. Andy
    4:48 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Nothing totally against this kid but he puts up like 100 shot attempts a game. So, he scores 20 something points?? He is a bit weird. Nice tweet about Noel when he went down and I will give him credit for that.

2. please uk
    4:57 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

anyone think nerlens will return?

3. Andy
    4:59 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

3, azzhole go away.

4. please uk
    5:04 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

i just would like to see noel come back next year to uk how does that make me an azz or hole

5. UK fan no matter what
    5:13 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

At lest he plays hard with an edge, Cal would love that some of his moxy would rub off on AP

6. Cats
    5:20 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

at least he gives it his all, physical and plays with some passion. what does alex, ryan and archie do? Blow off cal like they are in 8th grade.

7. Trolling
    5:27 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Please UK, people around here just assume you are either a troll or don’t want to here your concern about the team, there more worried about the angle of their concern for the team.

8. Simple
    5:31 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Love this kid, if I’m being honest.

9. Jo
    5:51 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Frankly, the kid seems a bit goofy. However, I haven’t seen him do anything worthy of dislike. During our game, he was very sportsmanlike, and I’ve never heard or read anything that indicates a nasty streak in the kid. To tell the honest truth, I kind of like him– I’ve watched him and waited for him to do something Laettner-like, and he just doesn’t.

10. Mike
    5:53 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Wish we had some guys with a little of that swagger. At least he shows that he has a pulse.

11. mudcreekmark
    6:12 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

You all are wearing out the whole Marshall Henderson thing. Why hate on him when we are not even playing them? Is this news? So he didn’t want to stay and talk about the game all night long on a Saturday night, big freakin deal.Just stop it.

12. Capt
    6:19 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Henderson basically told the media they can suck it. I think it’s awesome. He plays for free and he wanted his saturday night.

13. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    7:07 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

He was not drity when he played against UK, I can not hate on him.

14. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    7:08 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

not dirty for #13^^^^

15. ukcatfan36
    7:20 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

# 9 I agree-I like the kid–he’s a little flamboyant but so what? A lot of guys act a lot worse than him. He’s shown good sportsmanship every time I’ve seen him play

16. dubowski
    7:29 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

I like him.

17. Frankthetank
    8:00 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

I love it! He doesn’t really are what people think. He just wants to win. I realizes this type of behavior is a little bit of a stretch to us right now. Marshall just wants to GET SH.T RIGHT…

18. 13th. Grade
    9:23 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Looks like I’m the minority, but I think the guy’s a punk. He is not a player I’d want representing UK. In high school, he was charged with forgery because he used counterfeit money to buy pot. He’s on his fourth school in four years. He left Utah after one year because the coach’s strict rules didn’t fit with his “individualism”. Then Texas Tech. Then JuCo. Now Ole Miss. Last year he had his probation revoked and spent a month in jail after he tested positive for cocaine, marijuana and alcohol. Class act.

19. Laker Cat 18
    9:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I’d like to have him at UK. He’s got the heart and desire to win more than anyone on our team besides Noel. He’s a fighter. We’ve got a bunch of lovers.