The L-I-O-N is Hanging with Rondo

I don’t know why Snoop Dogg decided to change his name to Snoop Lion, but I am assuming that sounding like a grocery store was important to him. But if the change means that he will take more pictures with former Cats, then I support it. Snoop tweeted that he was hanging with Rondo, which we like. And as far as KG potentially throwing up an “L” in the background…I never liked him anyway.

Article written by Matt Jones

33 Comments for The L-I-O-N is Hanging with Rondo

1. jpgott2
    7:38 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

KG is not intentionally throwing up an L for UL. Heck, I do that gesture all the time, and I am not purposely making an L. That is more of a sign for a 3, than an L.

2. Rackem
    7:38 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

I figured youd have to have shades to hang with snoop..

3. Not Skyler McBee
    7:42 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Snoop changed his name to promote a reggae album he is getting ready to release. The lion has some sort of religious symbolism in that culture as I understand it, but I couldn’t explain it more than that. Yeah mon!

4. Big Blue 66
    7:45 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Snoop visited some Jamaican priest and he told him hes not a dog, but a lion, so he changed his name

5. jahjahcat
    7:47 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

big up to Rondo and Snoop. I wonder if we can call him “Snoop Cat” since a lion is a cat. Anyways hope Rondo can handle his green cause Id say Snoop is burning better trees now then ever.

6. Walter Sobchak
    7:48 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Could Rondo’s shirt be any more appropriate for this picture? I think not.

7. JackB
    7:48 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Yeah. An illegal drug promoting mysoginist and and a former UK basketball player. Great promotion for the program.

8. JackB
    7:49 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Oh, I forgot. The young recruits love this. Great note #6.

9. Conquering lion of Rupp
    7:54 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

6lol 7) you cant even spell misogynist.

10. SayHarrowToTheRepeat
    8:15 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

KG is just waving lol.

11. twnky
    8:44 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Did rondo steal snoops shirt?

12. Ganja
    8:44 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Looks like Rondo is high to me.

13. Truman Claytor
    8:57 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Now we’re talking. Bout time my legacy gets some props.

14. schwing
    8:58 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

eff rajon rondo.

15. spookykim
    9:22 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Snoop finally hangin with some class! Yeah, Rondo!

16. UK22
    9:42 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

#14 stop being a bi#$% about rondo.

17. KYCat04
    9:45 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

For the 578th time, Rondo likes uofl better than uk. He hangs out with all their players. He has them all work his basketball camps. He plays pickup ball with them and wears uofl gear. But, I won’t count on anyone from this site to acknowledge it.

18. bigbooher
    9:53 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

I just want a shirt that says high on it

19. Cobalt
    10:27 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Rondo rocking that Domo Genesis shirt. OFWGKTA.

20. Bob Sugar
    10:36 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Disregard these rondo posts. Rondo is not a real Cat. I repeat: Rondo is not a real Cat. Don’t blame tubby, sparks, crawford’, Bradley or anybody but rondo for rondo’s actions. He’s a punk and played show off basketball. He wanted to go to uofl, but he only associates with uk because it benefits him.

21. johnnypittman
    10:50 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

My son has attended Rajon’s camps and he has been nothing but GREAT with the campers – especially the younger children. And as far as the comment that Louisville players work his camps(?)…this year Peyton Siva came one day and Kyle Wiltger and Twany Beckham the next. Rajon is a Wildcat…just like saying because Cal coaches Edgar Sosa on DR team he’s a turncoat…

22. Michael E
    11:01 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

NBA no longer tests for THC during the offseason.

23. BPsycho
    11:24 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

#7 He lives in Cali you plant from God hater.

24. Kgfan
    11:53 pm August 6, 2012 Permalink

Tough crowd. Quit hating on KG. guy has heart and competes his ass off. Wouldn’t want any other player on my team at that position.

25. Conjoker
    1:03 am August 7, 2012 Permalink

Would have loved to seen KG in the blue and white. He wanted to go to school but didn’t have the grades he has been very outspoken about players needing to stay in school and develope. If Rondo had wanted to go to UL he would have. He had the chance after Telfair declared for the NBA.( he probably would have been better off at UL then being wasted for 2 years in Tubbyball.)

26. kyle heavy
    7:44 am August 7, 2012 Permalink

Don’t hate on KG. He is the man.

27. the truth
    8:19 am August 7, 2012 Permalink

@7 Nice spelling, and aren’t we past the point of grouping weed with other illegal drugs

28. Strings
    9:29 am August 7, 2012 Permalink

Would be a great High Times cover, just throw in a little green.I don’t know about the recruits but I would like to be at that party….

29. Head Bussa
    9:38 am August 7, 2012 Permalink

Looks like Garnett and Rondo get along just fine and are friends. Never understood this idea that all of his teammates don’t like him. Also #20, Rondo IS a UK guy and will always be one. I think he is one of the best role models for young kids everywhere. If you ever have been at his camp you would understand this. Also, I love that he doesn’t care what others think and will do whatever is needed to bring his team to victory. He also just works hard and doesn’t feel the need to be anything other than a basketball player. I am one person who truly can say that I want him to be my son’s no. 1 role model. Also, he was a very good player at UK and could have been better if Tubby set up the offense for him.

30. Head Bussa
    9:40 am August 7, 2012 Permalink

KG and Rondo are two winners. Point blank. Period.

31. Bob Day
    9:40 am August 7, 2012 Permalink

Kevin Garnett is a terrific guy and is still loved by TWolves fans as well as C’s fans. He has been one of the best in the game both on and off the court, is a future Hall of Famer and, along with Paul Pierce, has been a great friend, supporter and mentor to Rajon.

32. catdaddyd
    1:26 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

Ask Scott Padgett how great of a guy KG is.

33. all CATS everything #bbn
    8:10 am August 8, 2012 Permalink

seems to me like there might be some light weight haters out here against former UK players and the team itself! but being that im from lexington, KENTUCKY and im a BIG fan, i must add that rondo was hell of a ball player and did alot of good for kenutcky. so what if he smokes weed!!? most people do these days(just like michael phelps) and the lil UofL comment that was made, well umm lets see…im almost positive that if he wanted to go there he would have instead of UK. and jus because he hangs with players from there doesnt mean anything!! and yes #21 every basketball camp that KY ever holds is always good and helpful, ive been to one myself! so please lets not hate on the #1 team in the league, nor former players!!!!