The KSTV Casting Call is coming to Lexington

Northern Kentucky was a success last weekend and now the KSTV caravan is heading to Lexington for another round of auditions this weekend. Matt and the KSTV crew will be at the Lyric Theatre & Cultural Art Center at 300 E. Third Street in hopes of finding the next Perrin Johnson or Leslie Neeley to co-host the show.

Contestants should dress for television and be prepared to fill out a questionnaire, have a picture taken, answer questions, and talk on-camera about Kentucky sports and reasons for wanting to be on the show.

Registration is from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. We’re expecting a huge crowd so arrive early to beat the wait.

To give you an idea of how it works, here is a clip of a contestant from the Northern Kentucky auditions. She clearly had the looks, but struggled with the roster.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for The KSTV Casting Call is coming to Lexington

1. BlueGene
    10:51 pm April 25, 2012 Permalink

this chick sucks, she’s gotten by her whole life on looks alone.

2. hole
    10:53 pm April 25, 2012 Permalink

“Perrin is gonna do it with you”

3. hole
    10:55 pm April 25, 2012 Permalink

I like hot girls who dont know a lot..

4. DJ Cheesy Poof
    10:58 pm April 25, 2012 Permalink

If that was a dude who didn’t know the players coming in next year they would have been laughed outta the building but because she is fairly hot she gets a second shot. Nice job Matt.. haha..

5. Queer guy for the straight eye
    11:21 pm April 25, 2012 Permalink

I only watched till she said “yea I was born and raised in UK so…” that’s far as I got but I’m going to pretend It went uphill from there and go on about my life

6. Stingbass
    11:27 pm April 25, 2012 Permalink

Couldn’t make it past the UK team questions… Pitiful. And she’s not even that hot guys. Get with it. Half the girls at UK put this chick to shame in looks AND basketball knowledge.

7. darryl isaac
    11:34 pm April 25, 2012 Permalink

@2 that made me lol

also she is terrible, looks good, but terrible

8. E
    11:39 pm April 25, 2012 Permalink

The correct answer to the question is Noel. I see him as the team leader unless we add a veteran player. Harrow should lead some as well, but he lacks the mentality to be the guy. Hood is our only real vet but he doesnt strike me as a leader.

9. D
    2:21 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

@ 8, Harrow will definitely step up to be the leader next year. He’s going to be playing PG so him commanding the team should help plus he already has 2 years of college basketball experience. 1 at NC State and 1 at UK. Even though he couldnt play last year, he still practiced against some of the top competition in the country and by him sitting out that 1 year it also got him accustomed to the playing style at UK. Just because a highly coveted recruit comes to UK doesnt mean he’s going to be a leader. Have you ever listened to Noel do interviews? The kid is as quiet as a mouse. I dont see him being vocal whatsoever.

10. CatsFanInKnoxville
    7:42 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Perrin killed his interview!

11. Walden Schmidt
    8:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Summa Dat.

12. Chupacabra
    8:58 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

She’s understandably nervous and fairly comfortable with the mic. Over-processed hair and short skirt means you’re trying too hard. It’s not a modeling gig. Adjust that and study up on the players and she’s not bad.

13. lldjr
    9:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Born and raised in UK…wonder if she was born in Blanding Tower or Haggin Hall ?

14. UKGirl
    9:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Uh are you serious?

15. Sat By Her!!
    1:29 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I saw her at the auditions- She literally knew NOTHING!!! Said her dad made her do it and she didn’t even know it was for a sports station. She thought is was a regular broadcasting gig. There was another girl next to her trying to help her out and was telling her tons of info which she obviously didn’t soak up. That girl was awesome and you better believe that I will be voting for that one. Ya know, the one wearing blue? Girl #2 even had blue heels!haha She knew her stuff and I think would/should win the whole thing- Barbie wanna be- no freakin’ way! Girl #2- will you marry me?

16. Icejp44
    4:35 am April 28, 2012 Permalink

All I can Is James{Iceman}Patterson!!!!!!!!!! He’s The man.