The Harrisons are coming…

Watch Andrew and Aaron Harrison do their thing in Travis’ win over Clear Lake last night. No matter how bleak this season may get, remember this is just around the corner…

23 Comments for The Harrisons are coming…

1. Stumps
    12:34 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Cool video but let’s hope they realize college ball is much more sophisticated than high school. I suspect that may be a significant component of this year’s travails.

2. BA
    12:40 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

And quote #1 goes to Debbie Downer

3. Rockfield, KY
    12:44 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

I like that we’ll have cohesion from day one since they’ve played together their whole lives. I keep hearing that these two are killers on the court too. I hope that’s true, because we don’t seem to have any heart, other than Uncle Jules.

4. Jpo
    12:44 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

2. Hahahahaha

5. IF
    12:45 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

well if we play teams that don’t play defense we will go 40-0. I hope these kids have played against real teams with real athletes that defend.

6. jcpostel
    1:01 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

IU’s golden boy not so golden… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TxaPP0h-uQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    (I know, nothing to do w/Harrison twins, but interesting) this play was right after he threw an elbow at the other end of the court too. Read the synopsis below the video.

7. G-Unit
    1:03 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

5 – They played top 10 rated Arch Bishop Mitty (Aaron Gordon). One was playing at 25% cuz he was hurt and still won that game. Andrew had 26pts 11reb, 8ast. His bro, who was hurt, had 14pts 4ast 3reb.

Also played Miller (CA) a top 25 team in the nation and Aaron went for 40

Loyola, a top 25 team the twins played and combined for 42 points.

Not too many guards in COLLEGE NOW that can keep these 2 out of the lane. 6’5-210….thats a load!

8. UKBlue1!
    1:14 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins come on down.

9. Stumps
    1:17 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Wasn’t intending to be a downer. After watching a couple games I do think the twins have what is necessary to play the college game at a high level. And (imho) Gordon definitely has it. But there’s no denying that it takes more than “buying in” and “have heart”. These kids have to be as quick mentally as they are physically.

10. MN CAT
    1:20 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone know how these guys compare to some of our other guards coming out, like Wall and Knight. I feel like the Harrisons have received less hype, but maybe I’m just getting used to it.

11. IF
    1:27 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Thanks #7. With their intensity I don’t see a repeat of this years guard situation. Appears these kids want to win.

12. LansingCat
    1:44 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

7–the last three words of your post are what Pitino said after fifteen seconds.

13. Roland
    1:50 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

12, But his last 3 words will not get ~3k for medical insurance.

14. Simple
    2:04 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Is it me, or do they not look as…I’m no sure…quick?..athletic?…dominant as other top 10 players? I am terribly excited to have them, and I’m sure those who see them hours at a time know way, way, way more than I do, so in Cal/Evan Daniels/Jerry Meyer, etc I trust. I’m sure they’re incredible and will avg 15/8. Just sayin’. *shrugs*

15. Adam
    2:26 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

OMG THESE GUYS SUCK… WE’RE DOOMED

Geez what is wrong with some of you? The twins will be two of the most physically dominating guards college basketball has seen in a while. like number 7 said 6’5 210. By the time the start playing next year they will be a great deal stonger than they are now. Guard play will be the least of our worries as long as these two are on the floor. Theyre animals when it comes to going after other players. If they see the faintest weakness they will attack it and completely destroy you. They can literally do it all.

16. CATS
    2:29 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

14.) They are more in the mold of a bulldog PG/SG who can shoot and finish. Kind of like a hybrid of Teague (but bigger) and ugghh maybe Knight (but stronger). Also, most of the top ten are all bigs, mostly PFs, so they look much more athletic. Apples to oranges. I will say they are probably the quickest players in the top ten, save Kasey Hill of Florida (could be quicker, dont really know).

As we have seen this year quick (Harrow) and athletic (Goodwin) doesn’t exactly make the guards. They have to have IQ and chemistry. Which if these two do not have good chemistry I’ll be blown away. They have played with each other for 18 years. However, they must mesh with the other teammates

Due to the struggles this years team is having I am changing my approach. I will be excited for the unknown of highly ranked recruits and I will wait to cast judgement in order to be suprised. Unlike this year when I just expected them to kill college ball.

17. Bowls
    2:42 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Die-hard UK fan here, but I’ll say it again – Kasey Hill is better than both of these guys. Looking forward to seeing how the twins play with an entire starting five of ***** players. At least they already know when to look for the lob – something this year’s team can’t figure out for the life of them.

18. brain
    3:11 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

17-Casey Hill is a showboat that can’t carry either Harrison’s jock you simpleton.

19. JustSayin
    3:20 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Saw Kasey Hill in the City of Palms this year and he had 5 pts in the game i saw. A very good player but nothing near the Harrisons, both of whom I’ve seen.

20. Billy G
    4:21 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Is it just me or do none of these stupid “mixtapes” impress anybody else? Yea it’s great they are talented players, but you cannot get too hype off these high school tapes where they are playing against kids who are about as good as u or me. I’m sorry, but after this year, I’m done with the “wait til next year! We’re gonna be real!” talk. Cal better start getting some of these guys to stick around for more than a year or we could be in trouble for the future

21. truthful fan
    5:11 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

can they play defense

22. indiana tom
    6:10 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

I am more concerned with outside shooting than I am wideopen dunks.

23. Mike and Ike
    7:30 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

That’s funny…I recall seeing the same videos of Goodwin and Poythress dunking on a bunch of scrubs as well.