The Harrison twins are actively recruiting Julius Randle

It may feel like Julius Randle is slipping out of Kentucky’s grasp with each new recruiting update from “a source,” but don’t tell Aaron and Andrew Harrison that.  Despite the never-ending rumor that the Harrisons and Randle don’t get along, the twins are still actively recruiting Randle to join them in Lexington to be a part of what is sure to be a memorable season.

Jason Jordan, who knows more about Randle’s recruitment than anyone, sent a tweet last night saying the three Texas high school stars are in talks.

Like Cal said during his ESPN tour a few weeks ago, the kids recruit each other these days.

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for The Harrison twins are actively recruiting Julius Randle

1. B-ball Tickets
    1:22 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

2 Season tickets for only $1,650 … just barely above face. Section 242.

Get them today and still go to tonight’s game against Northwood.

2. burrrr
    1:25 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

3. Stooge Franklin
    1:27 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

#2 – I don’t read Matt’s posts. I AM KSR!

4. I'm Batman
    1:29 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

Drew, you are better than this. C’mon man. This site is basically rehashing the same 3-4 stories throughout the day in order to keep hits. KSR is just getting lazy now. I expect to see this story in the afternoon views and in the friday morning post. Matt will also retweet this story later tonight. That is just sad man. Where is the KSR we used to love?

5. The 11 o'clock post from last night
    1:32 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

Per my voicemail, give me my post back.

6. I Say
    1:34 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

You could post this again in an hour and I would still get excited about it. Dont listen to these guys, Keep up the good work Drew!

7. BLUE BLY
    1:35 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

Is that Julius in the middle???

8. lexslamman
    1:45 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

Which two are the twins? (obligatory)

9. Long Johns...
    1:47 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

No offense, but ever since Beisner has left and Drew has taken the reigns…this site has been inundated with an abundance of mediocre writers who spew randomness and like to BOLD certain words. My viewing has waned from 3-5 daily views to once or twice a week.

Just an honest assessment from someone that has read the site since the PPatt/Jai Lucas days.

I realize that radio has taken a large chunk of your time, but don’t forget the house that built you.

10. EVIL
    1:47 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

It does not feel like Randle is slipping from us. It’s just misdirection and hope from opposing fanbases. Who actually believed nc state was a favorite? That’s ridiculous

11. Bad Beatz
    1:55 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

Julius is a bit smaller and whiter than I was led to believe.

12. WILDCAT2013
    2:22 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

If Randle goes somewhere else then it will be the biggest mistake in his life. Just being honest. Kentucky would make his name a whole lot bigger than it already is. We get all the publicity, much more than any other school in the country. Plus we would be a legit top team to compete for the national championship which gets him and Kentucky even more publicity. His stock for the 2014 NBA Draft would sky rocket. If he goes to another school, then good luck to him, but he will be more nationally known and a better player overall if he came to Kentucky. And every fan knows this, but they are just haters !

13. Jordan
    2:34 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

Keep hearing Randle is a NC State/Texas lean. Drew thinks everyone is a lock for UK, until they choose another school, then its the old “we didn’t want him anyway” twist.

14. I'm Batman
    2:40 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

13 – you are hearing wrong. Randle even came out and sai don’t listen to the sources as soon as that story was out. Quit being ignorant.

15. Will S
    2:42 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

I think Randle will end up at UK. But LOL at the UK fans bashing Drew. I’m not even a UK fan but I come to this site b/c Drew and the other writers are hilarious and it’s a fun take on sports related news/non-news. If you really don’t like the site, why keep revisiting? I wish I had a Duke site like this that combined humor w/ sports and news.

16. tltaworl
    2:42 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

13. When has Drew ever taken the “we didn’t want him” twist? Maybe you should sit the next few plays out.

17. I Say
    2:46 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

last night Randle tweeted out “LOL at all the sources”

18. Them
    2:48 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

Why is Wiggins off the Radar?

19. EVIL
    2:48 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

15 – really? People like you drive me crazy. No matter what form of criticism someone presents, the response of others is always “why do you read it” or “you’re just jealous”. We enjoy the stories/writers but we don’t need to see the same story repackaged the same way. People have bee visiting thesite for years and it used to be better. I think Drew is the funniest writer on the site, but KSR originality is declining. So I lol at you since you seem to think KSR can do no wrong.

20. I Say
    2:49 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

excuse me, ” Lol Yall cant stop with the sources”

21. TAXman
    2:59 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

19 — will s is one of the worst posters here. Always saying ignorant things.

22. tyrus
    3:31 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

7 – I know he seems small to me but maybe those two guys on each side of him that kind of look alike are real tall. Dang…hope that Gordon kid is bigger.

23. Steve Knowlton
    3:47 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

The kid with the Harrison twins is MY FRIEND and he bleeds blue. Like forreal his love for BBN and all of that is insane. This is awesome

24. Billy Donovan
    4:04 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

Recruits recruiting each other … well that’s just not fair … THAT’S JUST NOT FAIR !!!

25. Jordan mills
    4:45 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

You are all idiots!!!!!!! Randle can go anywhere and be a lottery pick and not have to listen to all the BS that comes from the pretentious wildcat fans. You guys have come to expect every recruit to come knocking down the door wanting a piece of coach Cal, only thing is in a couple more years when coach is gone and the NCAA is knocking on the doors of Rupp arena wanting their banners back all you’ll have are a bunch of tainted memories. Good luck suckers !!!

26. tyrus
    7:04 pm November 1, 2012 Permalink

23 – Okay great but can he shoot foul shots?

27. shane
    2:46 am November 2, 2012 Permalink

cant rival fans come up with something new lol