The Harrison twins and James Young were in town only for the weekend

harrisons

Womp. Womp. Womp.

The Harrison twins and James Young were in Lexington last weekend, those photos are real, but they aren’t living in Lexington — not yet. The three soon-to-be UK freshmen were in town for one of the ‘long weekends’ John Calipari mentioned on the SEC teleconference on June 24. In case you missed that one, Cal said, “I think they’re going to come in this weekend (June 28-30) and what we’re hoping is that they are able to flow into the six-week session, and if they’re not, they’ll stay a couple of long weekends and they’ll be fine.”

Before the speculation begins, it’s important to note that the Harrison twins’ high school graduation wasn’t until the second Saturday of June when other members of UK basketball’s class were already on campus. James Young’s Rochester High School was in session until June 13. Julius Randle graduated on May 24, over three weeks before Young received his diploma. UK’s eight-week summer session began on June 6.

The Harrisons and Young are fine — no need to freak out, folks — their senior years of high school ran into June, past summer registration and the first day of summer classes. They’re just finishing things up back home before moving to Lexington to begin the quest for Kentucky’s ninth title.

They’ll be back soon and for good, likely in early August.

“They’re fine.”

Article written by Drew Franklin

100 Comments for The Harrison twins and James Young were in town only for the weekend

1. Chicken Little
    10:21 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Isn’t this something that could have easily been taken care of like weeks ago? I’m pretty sure you don’t have to physically be on campus to register for a summer class.

2. Scotty wink
    10:23 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Let’s all freak out for no reason!

3. Lincoln
    10:24 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

1-you do when your a freshman for the fall semester. You have* to attend orientation-its required.

4. Lamont
    10:25 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

I’m an idiot.

5. O T I S
    10:26 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Me too #4.

6. PittCat
    10:26 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

1) There is probably some dumb NCAA rule that prohibits it.

7. Musehobo
    10:26 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

While I don’t know much about how all this works, I would think that it’s possible they may have to take summer school classes at their own high school. When I graduated, there were a few kids who didn’t have the credit hours to graduate, but they let them walk and receive a “diploma” anyway, knowing they would finish up their hours in summer school. I don’t know if this is the case with them, but it seems at least plausible. Plus I would understand why they wouldn’t advertise it.

8. Lamont
    10:27 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

O T I S,

Wanna meet sometime? I’m a cuddler if that’s cool.

9. TN Cat
    10:27 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

This wouldn’t have happened at UNC.

10. Bob
    10:28 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

They’re fine, they’re fine. That’s all we’re hearing, but if there are chemistry issues on this team, we’re gonna know the reason why. Just get your butts to Lexington already and join the team.

11. jaxcats8503
    10:28 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Lincoln is correct. The basketball players do have to attend an orientation (called an Advising Conference) just like all other freshman. But, Cal and staff should’ve known that they weren’t going to be able to register in time. So, send a preemptive tweet or have KSR report that BEFORE they arrive to campus last weekend. As opposed to prior reporting that “they’ve arrived”. This story will create a bunch of unnecessary worry and rumors that could’ve been easily avoided.

12. O T I S
    10:29 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

I’d love to. Can’t wait. I’ll send you my phone number in a bit.

13. deWildcats
    10:29 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Just one year away from being drafted into the NBA.
    I think a few weeks of being teenagers is okay!!!

14. Mason4skins
    10:31 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

If they are done with school..what exactly do they need to “finish up” at home? And what is stopping them from enrolling in the second summer session? Sounds like some academic issues being hidden to me. Makes me concerned.

15. Etowncats
    10:31 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Folks they were still in HS when the summer session started. It wouldn’t matter if they could register online. They were still attending HS

16. Me
    10:32 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Amen #7

17. Me
    10:33 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Amen former #7 that is. As usual, they can’t take any criticism.

18. Joe
    10:36 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

15) But there are 2 summer sessions. Why can’t they register for the second one?

19. kentucky joe
    10:37 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Regardless of what is going on academically, you need your 3 best guards (particularly if they are all freshmen, playing with other freshmen) on campus as soon as possible. Chemistry has been a question mark since day 1. This does not help those suspicions. I wouldn’t worry about them being clear academically… I would simply want them to become acclimated to their teammates, coach, and playing style as soon as possible.

20. Chicken Little
    10:37 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

This is the same dang problem we had with last year’s team. Cal can’t win unless he gets the guys in for a full summer. That is the key to the one and done method. Too bad these guys can’t cut the strings and get here to get to work.

21. Overlord
    10:41 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

I wish they would all just get there and play. I also wish the deletion of comments would stop because it hurts someone’s precious feelings at this site.

22. PhilUK18
    10:42 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

20.

You think the problem on last years team was that they didn’t have a full summer to work together? That’s just way off base. For one, we basically had no point guard last season. Harrow was a disaster, we all know that. For another, there was no leadership and practically no experience (Wiltjer doesn’t count, he wilted -no pun intended- under a leadership role). Stop panicking everyone, for Christ sake. Cal doesn’t seem concerned and I’ll bet everything I own that he knows better than all of you

23. Mc
    10:44 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

I have a feeling things will be fine. They’ll still have several months of playing together to develop chemistry with their teammates, also having some time in the all star games. This is not the same problem last year’s team had. They simply had the wrong pieces, had no depth, and had no leadership. Everything is fine. The sky is not falling.

24. PhilUK18
    10:47 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

23.

Spot on, and pretty much my thought too. 2 or 3 weeks in the summer, several months before the season, is not going to make a break a team that is so talented and seems so driven to win.

25. cracka
    10:51 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

quit making so much noise! kyle is trying to think quietly about whether or not he should go into the weight room or transfer and you all are in here talking about the real ballers on the team, geeeez

26. Bobby
    10:51 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Y’all need to calm down. This is the 2nd session, it’s eight weeks and ends in early August.

The first session usually begins in May. No need for concern, the timing didn’t allow them to move down in time for classes to start.

27. Sammydog
    10:53 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Can’t believe how some can’t see the trolls or those attempting to be funny and swallow the bait.
    Hilarious.

28. WWMKGD?
    10:54 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

18.) This was the 2nd Summer Session. The 1st one was in May. Relax folks!

29. cracka
    10:57 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

from uk’s site: http://www.uky.edu/registrar/summer-intersession

There are two Summer Sessions:
    -1st Summer Session* – May 7 – June 4, 2013
    -2nd Summer Session** – June 6 – August 1, 2013

so, the second session is what drew was talking about when he said it started june 6

30. John
    10:59 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Not concerned because Boogie says Randle is a beast and Bledsoe pretty much says the same thing about the twins and Young. So when 2 future NBA all-star players say we are legit, then I’m sure we’ll be legit.

31. Tom "I have children in my basement and bodies buried in my backyard" Crean
    11:01 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

O T I S and Lamont,

Can I get in on this? Maybe I can be the meat to your bread?

32. RahRah
    11:03 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Some of you react very oddly to the news that everything is fine!
    Boogie & Bledsoe were impressed so I think we’ll be okay.

33. Mid 90's Style Website
    11:03 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

I love this website.

34. UK
    11:04 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

KSR also said that the twins and Young will come up to Lexington a few more weekends during the summer (paying their own way). Chemistry will be fine and I’m sure the rest of the team understands the situation.

35. Steve
    11:10 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Cal could have diffused the situation by not alluding to the possibility that they “could flow into the six-week session.” First of all, there is no 6-week session, it’s 8 weeks, and it started almost a month ago, on June 6th. There’s no way they could have taken summer courses here when they still hadn’t graduated high school.

36. Me
    11:12 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Was anyone actually freaking out?? Almost all kids don’t start college till August. I don’t see anything to “freak out” about.

37. ajh
    11:16 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

#20 Couldn’t agree with you more. It’s not like were being a-holes or negative about it, its just the reality of it. (and they probably dont understand that as 18 yr old kids) They need to get to Lexington ASAP to get aquainted with their teamates as early as possible.(not only to build chemistry off the court but on the court as well) Could make a HUGE difference!

38. Update
    11:20 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Kyle Tucker of the Courier Journal talked to Harrison Sr. He says the twins are still in Lexington and are currently enrolled in classes.

39. NO MATT JONES
    11:23 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

37, are you serious? They couldn’t get on campus because they didn’t GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL in time to REGISTER FOR CLASSES. It is apparent that you don’t understand how college registration works. There are 2 summer semesters at Kentucky. The registration for them ENDS BEFORE they start. The Twins didn’t get their diploma’s in time for their freshman registration windows. It’s not like they’re being lazy and just not wanting to come to Lexington for the summer. Jesus.

40. Hagbee
    11:24 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

#19. I wouldn’t worry about chemistry and familiarity so much. First, um, they’re twins. They know each other pretty well. Second, and as related to the other freshmen, they’re kids. Let them have a summer. You want them in the gym all summer? There are other things in their lives than pleasing fans and work, work, work.

41. Wildcat Mike
    11:25 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

So we have conflicting sources of information now? Either way the twins will be fine and we’ll see stories about them schooling their professional opponents in these scrimmages at the Craft Center.

Meanwhile, found an article about UK’s previous one-and-dones, which they apparently had starting in 1935! http://oddballsportsblog.com/2013/07/02/1290/

42. TimeFor9
    11:32 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

KSR didn’t you all say you’d be rolling out changes in the site soon and part of those changes was to reduce trolling by registering? Can you roll it out soon? The trolls are taking over and it’s annoying.

43. The Loco Pollo
    11:39 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

Why are people freaking out? This is a cut and dry situation. In order for scholarship players to be on campus, living on their scholarship perks (lodging, food, etc) they have to be enrolled in classes. The Harrisons and Young’s high school year didn’t end until after UK was already in the 2nd summer school session. Hence, if they’re in Lexington it has to be on their own dime. If anything, they should be applauded for making the effort to come to Lexington to be with teammates when they or their families have to pay for it.

Cal referenced a 6-week session. UK’s site also mentions a 6-week intersession, but doesn’t have details on what that is. I think that’s where the confusion might’ve been. I’m also not sure that online classes would count (unless you’re Johnny Football). Of course, UNC would’ve created a fake class for them.

So, calm down. If anyone’s to blame it’s the school systems the 3 guys were in for going so long. By the way, this affects others too, not just UK – mainly anyone who went to school north of the Mason Dixon line.

44. cracka
    11:42 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

they must have had a lot of snow days to make up in texas … or maybe they actually teach the hs kids something there as opposed to kentucky where we usually rank pretty turribly nationally

45. NO MATT JONES
    11:47 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

43, the intersession is a 6 week period that ends 8/24. Think of it like the classes that begin mid semester and continue a bit into winter or summer break. Typically these classes are general information classes, about UK, and other useless stuff, and aren’t taught by professors, but peer mentored or academic advisors. That’s at least my experience, and limited knowledge of them.

46. NO MATT JONES
    11:51 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

44, /sigh, you’re wrong. Kentucky is actually considered one of the better states for education. http://247wallst.com/2013/01/16/states-with-the-best-and-worst-schools/2/

47. Hey You
    11:59 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

#44-You can leave now, you pathetic, drooling coward. We scoff at you and shall never witness such stupidity. Have you ever had a bright moment?

48. Bob
    11:59 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

“They’re just finishing things up back home”

So they graduated late. That’s fine. But what kind of “things” need to be finished up for so long? If there’s nothing to worry about, why are there “things” and why don’t those “things” ever get specified?

49. cracka
    12:13 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

i wasn’t even trying to talk ish, i went to school in ky, went to uk for my bachelor’s and my mba … anyway, kentucky is not one of the more educated states out there … i’ll give you a random site to look at as well – http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/10/15/americas-best-and-worst-educated-states/

50. enes
    12:19 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

These are the same kids that keep the schools waiting before making their announcment as to which school they will bless with their play and then when they make their much anticipated decision they can’t come to campus and play with the other mere mortals. These guys think they are too good to come for the summer and have already started to show they intend to have things their way. If they ever do show up they will be trouble for the team.

51. Mc
    12:27 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

#50) If you have a window near by, go jump out of it. I don’t care if it’s on the first floor. Just make it happen. They declared last October. Both the Harrison twins and James Young appear to have good parents from what I’ve seen. Get over yourself.

52. ajh
    12:36 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

39 u seem a little uptight buddy. take it easy.

53. NO MATT JONES
    12:39 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

49, just because people in Kentucky don’t go to college doesn’t mean Kentucky has bad schools. That article is published by the same exact people as mine. Kentucky has very good schools. It’s just that the people are dumb and don’t go and/or finish.

54. ajh
    12:39 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

43 thanks for the insight. didnt realize all of that.

55. Bledsoe's Biceps
    12:48 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

48 (Bob) – Seems you have a little trouble with reading comprehension. The “things” were the fact their HS classes did not end until June 6 (the twins) and June 13 (Young).

56. Brow
    12:52 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

All three are currently ineligible. Hope Polson is ready.

57. Bledsoe's Biceps
    12:55 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

Never mind. Drew pulled a Pitino and was premature. Kyle Tucker of the Courier Journal spoke to the Mr. Harrison. The twins are are still on campus and taking classes.

58. Stone
    1:05 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

Jeez some of you all are pathetic.

59. Mr. Harrison
    1:09 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

I just tweeted that my sons were on their way….stop freaking out

60. Lori M
    1:12 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

As long as they are here by the end of drop and add this fall it’s none of my (our) business.

61. Linda Taylor
    1:28 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

We need to realize that as an elite program our players can come from anywhere and that means their high school schedules can be very different from what we are used to here in KY. For example, my niece and nephew who live in CA just finished their classes the 3rd week of June. They don’t start their school year until after Labor Day. Schools are controlled at the local level and each school district decides when to begin their school year.
    So, this situation with the Harrisons and Young is in all likely hood going to happen from time to time. UK’s summer sessions start fairly early, before many high schools around the country are finished with their spring term. Let’s not make of it more than what it is.

62. ukukuk
    1:40 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

There probably isn’t reason to worry, but Marcus Lee graduated June 6th, and got to school on the 8th, and started taking classes on the 9th. Summer school started on the 6th, and he was still able to enroll late. Not saying there is reason to panic, but I also wouldn’t assume everything is just peachy. I think Michigan St had concerns over James Youngs eligibility last year, and he did transfer highschools… Hopefully it all works out though!

63. Linda Taylor
    1:45 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

62 – It’s been quite awhile since I was in college but you could always drop/add up to a certain date. I would think the 9th would fit into a drop/add window wouldn’t you?

64. b-real
    1:57 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

c’ mon yall….did any of you ever take summer classes, cause they suck. when I graduated HS I felt like enjoying the summer before college – not enrolling early for freshman orientation. give the kids a break!!!

65. Will Totten
    2:08 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

I’m disappointed that I haven’t seen one person comment on the fact that it looks like Andrew (????) has a flat top in this picture

66. Bob
    2:17 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

55 (Bledsoe’s Biceps) – You, sir, lack reading comprehension. I stated, “So they graduated late. That’s fine.”

So that’s why they couldn’t get here at the start of classes. No biggie. So why couldn’t they get here the day after school ended? The next week? And, more on the point of my post, what are the “things” that are being finished up between the end of high school and getting on campus permanently?

67. Jake_GOCATS
    2:46 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

I read somebody asked about the second summer session and I know for a fact that summer session registration is closed because classes started on June 22nd as I was enrolled in one but dropped the course. And as for “finishing up” back home, that just means they had to actually graduated before they can enroll in college summer courses. No need to freak out people. The Harrison twins and James Young are fine. This team is still gonna be insanely talented. And we are still gonna win our 9th national championship. Go Cats!

68. Catmandu
    2:56 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

I am SURE that all UK basketball players are there to eventually obtain a COLLEGE degree. After all, that’s one of the points of being a COLLEGE basketball player, and not a charade of a pro player. For instance, the following Cal recruits have obtained a college degree in the past eight years at UK and Memphis: _____(crickets)

69. special eddie
    3:09 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

His hat, almost looks like Noel’s flat top..;P

70. Alumni Gym
    3:14 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

We all know that our beloved UK Cats have absolutely no interest in any college classes, or in anything else but NBA draft position. Why would they want to take any classes beyond the minimum that will keep them qualified?

71. Linda Taylor
    3:18 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

68 – I don’t know anything about Memphis as I am not a Memphis fan but of the kids that began their UK career since Cal came to UK who haven’t gone to the NBA several come immediately to mind: Eloy Vargas, Jarrod Polson, John Hood, and Twany Beckham. That of course doesn’t include Patrick Patterson, Josh Harrellson, and Darius Miller who both obtained their degrees and are/were in the NBA and who finished their UK careers with Cal and Perry Stevenson, Mark Krebs, and Ramon Harris who I believe all graduated under Cal.

72. Linda Taylor
    3:22 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

65 – That is what is known as a hat not a flat top.

73. Catmandu
    3:24 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

72. How many of those college graduates were Calipari recruits? Among Calipari recruits,who is currently in any position to obtain a college degree?

74. UK2K
    3:47 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

73. Polson committed out of High School,Vargas,Beckham and Mays transferred in under Cal and all graduated.
    So this is strictly a UK thing? So the #1 Pick this year Bennett was a one and done at UNLV, but its only UK?

75. Catmandu
    4:03 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

Polson was/is a walk-on. Basically, it sounds like we agree. NO Cal recruits in the past eight years (at both UK and Memphis) have obtained a college degree at that Cal program. NONE. Now,I realize that Cal’s only been at UK for four years, so….

The most likely to do so? Two guys that haven’t even played at UK yet; D. Hawkins and D. Willis. Those guys could graduate a full eight years after Cal arrived at UK. In other words, a charade of a “college” program. Does that not bother anyone even a little?

76. Linda Taylor
    4:08 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

73 – Vargas, Polson, Beckham were all Cal recruits. Those who have been at UK long enough to get a degree have. You are unfairly including 8 years in your demand of knowing which of his recruits have graduated. He hasn’t been at Memphis for the last 4 years and had zero control over what happened to his recruits there over the last 4 years. You also don’t want to include any holdovers from other coaches that he has helped to finish their college careers. Brian Long, Sam Malone are on target to finish their degrees as is Kyle Wiltjer (if he chooses to stay). Poythress and Cauley-Stein will be very close to having a degree by the end of next year as they will have 2 full years and 2 summers worth of classes under their belts. It will be easy for them to finish even if they go to the NBA after next year. Cal is also helping former players (Tubby and Rick players) finish their degrees and get into coaching. The point is that those who are NBA players don’t need their college degrees and are making more money than the vast majority of those who do have college degrees and those who aren’t one or two and dones are getting their degrees. So take your hate somewhere else.

77. Catmandu
    4:11 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

And,as for Bennett, something tells me that SOMEONE recruited under Kruger at UNLV, or some UNLV player in the past few years, has obtained a college degree. There’s gotta be someone! If not, UNLV is just as bad. What do want to bet that Cal is the ONLY college coach that will go eight years without producing a recruited player who gets a diploma? I know, I know, Cal recruits such elite talent that can make their millions without having to stay. That’s true for many Cal players. And, makes the UK program a charade of a “college” program.

78. Catmandu
    4:17 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

76: So we also agree. Polson, Malone, Long and Beckham are/were walk-ons. Vargas flunked out at Florida, and transferred in to UK over the 1/2 way point of his college career. Wiljter WAS the most likely scholly player to get a UK degree, but …well, you see how the trend is going? You are saying that WCS or Poy are the most likely, I say it’s Willis or DH. Either way, you are wearing the serious blue-tinted glasses if you can’t admit the simple facts. I have had enough.

79. WEAREUK
    4:17 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

Polson was on Scholly last year and has one again this year. Good Try. What’s your point on this topic though exactly?

80. Stoops
    4:18 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

Sounds and looks like u are wearing the serious Cal hater glasses

81. Catmandu
    4:22 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

79: My point is that a “college” basketball team that does not EVER recruit scholly players who have any proven intention of obtaining a college degree is a charade of a “college” program. This will not end well, and I don’t like it. If you all like it, that’s absolutely your prerogative.

82. Linda Taylor
    4:22 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

75 – You may not count walk-ons as members of our team, but we do. By the way they all were on scholarship last year. Polson was an important contributor to the team last year as a scholarship player. If a kid makes it to the NBA it doesn’t matter to me one bit that he doesn’t have a degree. Jamal Mashhburn didn’t finish his degree but he took his NBA and endorsement earnings and became a business mogul. You are just jealous that these kids are getting to live their dream and you are just sitting behind a computer taking pot shots at them.

83. Catmandu
    4:23 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

80: Cal aboslutely knows how to coach the game of basketball, but you are right; I hate this aspect of the program.

84. Linda Taylor
    4:25 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

Anyone think Catmandu is actually Old School? (Catmandu that is an insult if you don’t know).

85. Catmandu
    4:27 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

82: You may consider Polson and walk-ons to be valued equals of the team, but Polson just was forced to give up his uni # to one of the Harrisons.

Walk-ons are not equals in Div I. They don’t count toward APR, don’t get the bennies that scholly players get, and don’t play much.

86. UK2K
    4:27 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

EVER? So Cal didn’t recruit Wiltjer? This Shows your bias and agenda.

87. Catmandu
    4:29 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

84:Don’t know who Old School is, and I don’t feel insulted. I’m not trying to attack you or insult you either. I just don’t like the “model” of the way the UK program is being run, and I do not think it will end well.

88. UK2K
    4:29 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

85. Just Stop, Polson has been on Scholarship the last 2 years.

89. Catmandu
    4:30 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

86: I’m pretty sure that Kyle Wiltjer, who is transferring from UK, will not get a UK degree.

90. Linda Taylor
    4:30 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

Once again, the only walk-on last year was Tod Lanter. Do you think Polson cares more about his number or winning a national championship?

91. UK2K
    4:31 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

87. U must not watch a lot of college basketball because this “model” is being used alot in College basketball.

92. WEAREUK
    4:33 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

89. So whos your team?

93. Linda Taylor
    4:38 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

89 – Keep up, the latest from Wiltjer’s father is that he very possibly may come back. And Old School is one of the most hated commenters on this site. I haven’t seen him lately so he may either be using a different name or hopefully has been banned.

94. The Loco Pollo
    5:12 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

Catmandu – You’re one of the people that chooses to ignore when player return to school, or when facts like Poythress’ 4.0 GPA are made public, huh? You’re just a hater. Sure, many of Cal’s players leave early to reach the pinnacle of their professions, but they’ve all be upstanding citizens during their time at UK. If Goldman Sachs was offering millions to Finance students to leave early, would you have an issue?

You should spend your time looking at the stats of programs who keep guys 4 years, don’t send them on to pro ball and they still don’t graduate. Heck, you can look at former UK coaches I’m sure you adore like Pitino & Tubby who have more instances of that happening on their watch than Cal. That’s a way bigger travesty and waste if you ask me (or any other sane person).

95. CatMan44
    5:45 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

#95, you are full of shit. Go away.

96. The Truth
    7:54 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

James Young was not in school until June 13. The last day for seniors at Rochester High School was May 21. June 13 was the last day for grades 6 – 11. Click on the 5/20/13 date on this link.

97. Brick
    8:42 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

Whatever it is, I’m sure Sandy Bell will get it sorted out.

98. Fish
    9:12 pm July 3, 2013 Permalink

I would bet Wiltjer is just waiting to see if the Twins get eligible after which he will be gone.

99. Linda Taylor
    1:42 am July 4, 2013 Permalink

96 – That website stated senior graduation night for that school was June 5.

100. Holly Blauser