The Final Predictions: Outlook Bleak

So, most of the final bracketology predictions from the “experts” are out now, and Kentucky isn’t in prime position as of right now. Joe Lunardi has stricken the Wildcats from the “Bubble Watch”, opting instead to go with a Last Four In of St. Mary’s, Boise State, Middle Tennessee State, and La Salle, with Tennessee being his final team out of the Field of 68.┬áIt should also be noted that Lunardi is ranked the 36th most-accurate bracketologist in the game by The Bracket Project, which ranks the Top 50 after scouring the internet for all brackets. You can check out the list and look through each individually if you’d like although the most accurate of the bracketologists, Eric Prisbell of the Washington Post, is not creating one this year.

Jerry Palm of CBS also doesn’t like the ‘Cats chances, as he has Villanova, St. Mary’s, La Salle, and Tennessee playing in the First Four in Dayton, with UMASS, Alabama, Kentucky, and Maryland on the outside looking in.

Bracket Matrix, which compiles a list of 88 brackets from around the interwebs and combines them to form a composite has Kentucky as the 2nd team out behind Tennessee and only a Tournament team in 21 of the 88 brackets involved. So, moral of the story, don’t be surprised if Kentucky’s name isn’t called during the Selection Show. However, me being the eternal optimist, I’ll stick with my prediction last night of Kentucky vs. Middle Tennessee State in the First Four. Hope I’m right.

–@WillTottenKSR

Article written by Will Totten

Born in Indiana and raised in Louisville, I am the unlikeliest UK fan.

47 Comments for The Final Predictions: Outlook Bleak

1. Jen
    5:14 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

If the volunturds get in over us the NCAA’s headquarters need to be demolished before sundown.

2. deer boss
    5:15 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

For some strange reason, I think we get in….and no I’m not wasted right now.

3. Realist
    5:17 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

1). They did beat us by 20 ….

I’m afraid we’re on the outside looking in. It just hasn’t been our year.

4. November 2012
    5:17 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

“Come Feb/March we’ll be scary good. You’ll see!”

Yeah. I’m scared alright.

5. Cotton Mash
    5:17 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

don’t forget about the Turner Sports documentary on Kentucky basketball on truTV tonight at 8 p.m. ET.

6. mashburnfan1
    5:19 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

3 and 1} they beat us by 30

7. Catlanta
    5:19 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

This f’ing sucks. Big shout to our underachievers! Hope Poy, Harrow and Wiltjer are looking in a mirror or just packing their bags

8. Merlin's
    5:19 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Why is everyone so certain that we are even getting an NIT bid?? We’ll probably lose 1st or 2nd round because we feel its beneath us and other teams will have seniors, an actual basketball coach, and they will be excited to compete for the NiT title. All of our guys have looked past this entire season

9. ukk13
    5:22 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

does the NIT tourney even come on tv?

10. Jen
    5:24 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Oh, really? And we beat them, too. Everyone and their grandmother knows that was the first game after we lost Noel. They have more losses than us in conference and out of conference, and we split our season series. Plus, they’re the volunturds, wear garbageman orange, and have zero basketball fans.

11. Claire
    5:25 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

8. If you hate our coach so much, don’t come back next year. He’s had three good years; why is a bad year representative of his ability? One flub up with personalities and suddenly he’s not a real coach.

12. Mike
    5:25 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m glad Cal paid $200,000 for Anthony Davis last year or we wouldn’t have won it all on 2012. Bet Noel wishes he had went to Georgetown and played on a better team.

13. BillyRay
    5:26 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m pumped for the NIT tourney. I aint never had enough money to see mi cats play in Rup. Thees tickets should no cost to much. Prolly should just have to sell off a couple goats and may be the worm farm to afford tickets and a trip to the big citi. Mom, gass up the pickup. Here we come.

14. oldschool
    5:29 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

12) No doubt. Cal had 6 NBA players last year and uofl had none. Yet, the game was tied with four minutes to go. So, thank God for Davis. Five pros would not have been enough for Cal to beat Rick.

15. Mike
    5:30 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m so glad I only have to pay my parents $200 a month to live in their basement. Maybe one of these days I’ll get a girlfriend to and give my hand the night off!!

16. Will Totten
    5:31 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I hope you all have season tickets so I can pick yours up next year since you’re so disgusted with the state of Kentucky basketball

17. Mike
    5:31 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Whether I call myself, Mike, Rumor, or whatever, I am the same stupid Turd posting the same stupid crap…

18. fireant
    5:32 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

There is no free lunch. We suck and don’t deserve to go.

19. TrueBlueFan
    5:32 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

#12 we know ur a Loserville fan. Kids don’t come to UK just to get in the tourney. They come to learn under Coach Cal to become one of the next NBA players he’s put in the NBA. Noel will always be part of the BBN and can guarantee you he has no regrets about being part of our rich tradition.

20. BillyRay
    5:33 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I keep coming with these same posts until someone pays attention to me and tells me how funny my jokes are. I can denigrate Kentuckians because of my outstanding educational achievements. Right…

21. aidanfromworcester
    5:34 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

UMass should be in over the teams from garbage conferences like St. MAry’s and Mid Tenn State.

22. Go Away
    5:35 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Gosh #14, what will you do in the off-season when you don’t have UK and Cal to bash? Likely you’ll kick your dog around… What a coward you are.

23. Lexington
    5:36 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Billy Ray. Don’t forget your gonna have to buy some shoes too. Most places in the big city make you wear shoes. Also, kissing your sister in public is frowned upon too.

24. Steve
    5:36 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Even Josh Pastner and Memphis are going to the Bog Dance.

25. KY Realist
    5:36 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

19) “They come to learn under Coach Cal”

LMAO. They come to UK for the money Cal’s bag man pays them. 300 hs coaches could have won it all with that group of ringers. Cal’s true coaching ability was at Memphis before his pimp arrived on the scene and handed him players. Check out all his NIT appearances.

26. Mr Hands
    5:36 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Hey my cards are a #1 seed, time to celebrate with a new vid…

27. Big J
    5:37 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Be jealous my friends. We have 8 and will make a run for # 9 next year. Winningest basketball school in the history of the game. Keep the insults coming. So funny.

28. Steve
    5:37 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Pastner is LOL @ Cal.

29. Steve
    5:38 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I heard Randle is not impressed with UK’s performance on the court this season and will commit to Kansas.

30. Steve
    5:40 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Ohio State coach Thad Matta is the oldest looking 40 year old I’ve ever seen.

31. dave
    5:40 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

14-horses***. dieng (mr academics come first even though im a com major at uofl) is leaving after this year. behanen is leaving after this year. and blackshear should get drafted by someone since he was a top 30? kid out of high school with nba size.

32. Han
    5:40 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I hate devoting any time to watching on the slim chance we somehow get in. I don’t intend to watch much of the tourney at all if we aren’t in.

33. Steve
    5:42 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Mark Lyons-“I was told by Cal that Archie Goodwin and Ryan Harrow were going to be the starters at guard so I went to Arizona.”

34. Big RED Freight Train
    5:43 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

@ 27….Can you say N.I.T……. That’s right say it reeeeeal slow That’s a good little inbred! Now get back to your traliler & F%&k your sister Hillbilly….
    hahahahahahahahaha

35. Rae
    5:44 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

24. Good for Memphis. They have fans that exist and were really upset when Cal left. They deserve a decent program, unlike Florida fans who couldn’t give a rat’s tush.

36. Reasonable
    5:46 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

This year was Cal’s first hiccup . The last few years have been so exciting and made us proud . We aren’t making the tourney . Forget it . But we won it all last year , something I didn’t think we’d do for a long time because of Tubby’s last few years and Gillespie running our machine into the ground . We will have experienced returning players , and some badass freshmen next year . Will be a blast once more . Peace .

37. Matt Jones
    5:46 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m so nervous. My dong is raw right now.

38. Rae
    5:46 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

34. Louisville is in Kentucky too. You all have the same rep nationwide.

Unless you are IU, in which case you still have no room to talk.

39. lonnieb
    5:46 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

@28 Steve
    Remember when 3 years ago Memphis had 5 superstar recruits and how Pastner “stepped right in cals shoes” and then they were terrible until now and they are all Jr’s…..funny how freshman dont always contribute like they are supposed to.

40. revenue
    5:47 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

UK gets in because the NCAA will make more $$$/higher ratings with last years champ in.

41. Steve
    5:48 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Jon Hood will transfer to Western Ky

Wiltjer will transfer to Gonzaga

Goodwin, Poy, Noel, WCS will declare for the draft

Harrow will transfer to a Dvisision 2 school near Atlanta

Randle will go to Kansas

Wiggins will go to FSU

Gordon will go to Arizona

UK will have a 6 man rotation again next season and will be dependent of the shooting of the Harrison twins.

Cal will leave UK after next season as the downward oral continues.

42. Big J
    5:48 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

@34. I rest my case.

43. Steve
    5:50 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Are the UK players sitting in Cal’s living room right now watching the selection show?

44. RahRah
    5:50 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Dear ksr,
    You deleted my polite respectful comment asking your opinion on why they are talking about margin of score being a huge factor in the selection process. We’ve been told it doesn’t work that way, so I was just curious.
    Yet all these trolls from other schools and some really messed up fans (using that title loosley) are berating the kids, the coach and ksr. What’s up?

Anyway, I’ll support my team and my coach no matter what happens tonight. Sad though.

45. Steve
    5:54 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Wiltjer blow goats! Would rather have Chane Bohanon.

46. Steve
    5:55 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I like Bill Self’s Oklahoma accent.

47. theSkinny81
    6:02 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

41 – Typical UofLol fan – living in LaLa Land.

Here’s mine: I wish UofL would get eaten by dinosaurs, and a unicorn would stab Rick Pitino in his eye.