The End of the Drew The Employee Era (Friday’s Emotional Show Thread)

drew-the-employee

It’s a sad day, Kentucky Sports Radio listeners.  Today, we say goodbye to the Drew The Employee. Drew is moving to Chicago for love and the pursuit of deep dish pizza after years of service to KSR.  This morning will be his final show on the phones and in the booth with the show that made him semi-famous. It has been a great run and we hate to see him go.

Give Drew a call, one last time, at (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

— Goodbye, good friend.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

225 Comments for The End of the Drew The Employee Era (Friday’s Emotional Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Congrats to UK_JB, who has a new baby girl! Also sad to see Drew the Employee leave the show, I hope KSR will be at the Champions Classic so there can be a reunion. I’m excited for the show today, I think Fake Barney calls and my guess is we will get a few other big name callers calling today. It’s now been at least 411 days since Matt first mentioned the Uncensored Billy Gillispie Podcast.

2. UK_JB
    9:55 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I found out last night that my wife and I are going to have a girl! She will be wearing this for KSR in August! http://twitter.com/wildcat_jtb/status/302398344242806784/photo/1

The caytes will win a close one tomorrow by 4.

3. Matt Jones' Chest Hair
    9:56 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

It’s Friday, that means the cowboy hat and I will be out on the town. Watch out ladies.

4. CatsFanInKnoxville
    9:58 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Good luck, Drew! I hate to see you go.

5. JB from Somerset
    9:59 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Anyone see Coach K and his tiny little oral cavity, after the game. He got real testy since the crowd ran out on the floor. He got a wee bit upset in his postgame conference. I love it when Puke duke gets beat.

Good luck Drew

6. robuk
    10:00 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew you will be missed, best wishes!

7. BAC05
    10:01 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Sad to see Drew go. Good luck in whatever you do good sir.

8. UK_JB
    10:03 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Best wishes to you Drew and the misses. You will do great. I see marriage in the future.

9. J in Orlando
    10:04 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew Franklin is leaving the show??!! lol, kidding, good luck DTE

10. UK#1
    10:05 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Good luck Drew. Stay Blue.

11. Delk for 3
    10:06 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

My Drew The Employee memory is with me literally running into Cox’s Smokers Outlet one fall morning to try to get tickets to Big Blue Madness and meeting up with about 10 other random dudes just standing there staring at Drew.

12. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:06 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I think that Drew should propose over the air today before he leaves…that way, if she says ‘No’ he can just stay.

13. Rockfield, KY
    10:06 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be back in Lexington tonight and couldn’t be more excited!!! Wedding season starts tomorrow for me!!!

14. katzrjamers
    10:07 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

‘Bye Drew. The KSR fans won’t forget you. Remember you can always call in!

15. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:08 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew, whenever you host, please scold Matt for not checking the lines. Yell at him for something.

16. TylerH
    10:08 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

You guys are covering the World Cup in Brazil aren’t you

17. CATandMONKEY
    10:08 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Danica Patrick’s ….anything?

18. chad
    10:09 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Here’s wishing you nothing but the best in the future with the hedge fund girl Drew Franklin!

19. Rockfield, KY
    10:09 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

World Cup, Final Four, Super Bowl, Augusta, Olympics……that’s the sports bucket list

20. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:09 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

16) No, he said it was a ‘cool’ sporting event.

21. Dud Wash
    10:09 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Wrestlemania? Summer Slam?

22. Delk for 3
    10:10 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Virginia is still not a lock. They got a big game next weekend vs. another bubble team in Maryland and will have to avoid a first-rd loss in the ACC Tournament.

23. TylerH
    10:10 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

20) He said the best sporting event in the WORLD. Go outside the state of Kentucky or the United States and you would know what the best sporting event in the world is

24. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:10 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I’ll miss you Drew Franklin… that’s my point of view.

25. A Different Drew
    10:10 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Hey, if KSR needs a Drew replacement, just let me know! You won’t have to learn a new name, or anything!

Oh, and good luck in Chi-town, Drew.

26. Sir Brandon
    10:10 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew the Employee, fare thee well in your future endeavors. I shall misseth thy contributions to the KSR show. Though truth be told, glad I never shareth with thee my personal info and/or names of sources…

27. Delaney Hanley
    10:11 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt I had high hopes for the Ben Show, but honestly it was aweful. Not even BBN can save that show.

28. UK2K
    10:11 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt late last nite Lunardi changed UK to First 4 In

29. inlinefor9
    10:11 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Storming the court is dangerous for the players but the national media wasn’t in an uproar when UK complained about it. Suddenly Coach K gets upset and Dickie V and the rest of the talking heads say it has to stop.

30. Old Pogue Bourbon
    10:12 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew,
    I hope you do well at whatever you pursue. I’ve enjoyed your pithy comments when I can hear you over Matt (no offense Matt…its your show)

31. Rick Roy
    10:12 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I have been reading this site everyday for 10+ years…Who the hell is Drew the Employee???

32. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:13 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

23) I understand that soccer is popular…that doesn’t make it good.

33. Delk for 3
    10:14 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

31 — You obviously never listen to the show.

34. TylerH
    10:14 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

32 – maybe you don’t think its good. You are entitled to your opinion that doesn’t mean it influences anything

35. Nope
    10:14 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Danny thinks Drew leaving is not the best move. Drew has always been on this show and it should not change. How will his calls be handled in the future if Drew leaves?

36. LansingCat
    10:16 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, towards the end of the last Live Game Blog it was brought up that KSR should Live Blog Duck Dynasty. Can you make this happen?

37. UK2K
    10:17 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt only issue I have is that as a 20 year season tkt holder of bball and fball I got stuck in the endzone for spring game. When you have people getting better seats than me and are getting 8 seats which they wont even use.

38. eek
    10:17 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Congrats to Drew… and congrats to all of the UK football fans that showed no loyalty last year but were given the password for season ticket holders.

39. Turner the Burner
    10:18 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

Is your old man voice built on the old man from Family Guy? How do you feel about paperboys?

40. Rockfield, KY
    10:21 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

If someone wasn’t able to afford season tickets in the past but still went when they could get tickets, would you call them loyal or not? I’d still say they are loyal fans, and even moreso. A lot of the season tickets holders weren’t showing up to games last year, in case everyone has forgotten.

41. FINBBA2012
    10:21 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

UK Currently has 6 players averaging double figures (including nerlens,) WCS keeps it up and we will have 7…that’s pretty rare i would say

42. Oogie
    10:21 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Stoops ain’t playin’ folks… the times the are a-changin; get on board or get outta the way!

43. DrSayre
    10:21 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt I can sorta relate to these people…I like to get the McDonald’s poster every year. This year I messed around and didn’t and I couldnt find one because of the high demand…but when I put on my National Championship shirt I got over it!

44. Birddog
    10:23 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Its got to be The Horseshoe Throwing Championship

45. TulsaCat
    10:23 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

A parting haiku for Drew:

“What is wrong with you?”
    So said Matthew many times
    we will miss you, Drew

46. TylerH
    10:23 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Olympics are too far away, Final Four you’ve already been to, you can go to Augusta or Super Bowl any year…World Cup is next summer and is every four years….HAS to be World Cup 2014 in Brasil!

47. doubleDfence
    10:23 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt – Why do you think season ticket holders even bought tickets last year? 1.) Support the team no matter what 2.) To get better seats for this year. Unlike you that never talked about football until the last couple weeks, some of us have cared about the program the whole time. I think we deserve to sit front and center.

48. drew
    10:23 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

G Unit i posted on here yesterday and said that Willie Cauley Stein would be a lotto pick in this years draft and that it would be hard for him to pass it up. Coach Cal said yesterday afternoon on his mailbag “hate to tell you guys but Willie Cauley Stein is a lottey pick in the draft!!!!”. Do you still think he’s coming back??? One more thing do you guys think all this Kings of Victim stuff will hurt our chances with Wiggins being that he’s Canadian?? #BBN

49. Boogie Fan
    10:24 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Good luck Drew the Intern/Employee. I wonder who will now speculate the Kevin Ware uses drugs? Smart money is on Lemond.

50. Sir Brandon
    10:24 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I liketh Brandon Knight a lot, too. AWESOME to see him tearing up the league.

51. jarrod
    10:25 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Good luck in all you do Drew….KSR has lost some of its better guys. you will be missed. Matt gonna need to find some good guys to replace some of the founding fathers of KSR.

Matt you need to start writing more like in the past. Your posts are the best but too far a few between these days

52. LansingCat
    10:25 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew The Employee–will you be Live Blogging at The Pony with your fellow KSR brethren in Chicago?

53. Fake Larry Orton Matt Jones
    10:25 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Brandon Knight is a goood kiiiddd, that exactly right.

54. Morehead Callin'
    10:26 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Only thing better than a Duke loss, court stormin’ would be a Indiana loss court stormin’
    But then again,
    I dont think I could choose which is better!

C-A-T-S

55. Delk for 3
    10:26 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

What we need to do is root like crazy against some of these SEC teams — Ole Miss, Alabama, and Tennessee — because the conference will only be given so many spots. Alabama cannot beat Florida tomorrow. Also, I’m going to be a big Georgia fan vs. Tennessee. Ole Miss will crush Miss. St.

56. Kidnut
    10:26 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, that Bowie song was on the Wes Anderson Life Aquatic soundtrack and fits perfect. With you being such a fan I didn’t think you would besmirch it.

57. UKLynn
    10:26 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Good Luck Drew! I will miss your little snide remarks and laughter in the background. I have only called into the show once but you called me darlin’ when you answered the phone and I loved it!

58. Delk for 3
    10:26 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Most importantly, though, the Cats need to beat the Razorbacks!

59. john juan
    10:26 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Coach K was just salty because they got taken to the woodshed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=adQHaE2K5Ro

60. Morehead Callin'
    10:27 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Louisiana Fish Batter – it burns!

61. CJSportsGirl
    10:27 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

What time in the podcast did Ryan make the fish batter comment? I have to share that!

62. Fake_Dan_Cummins
    10:27 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I have a special request? Can Drew, Ryan, Uncle Matt and Shannon sing along with my commercial?

63. Sir Brandon
    10:28 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Sugar Booger. Wow. Canst thou say that on the radio?

64. Chuck from Berea
    10:32 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, You compare Wiggins to Lebron regularly. I don’t disagree, but think that Kevin Durant going to Texas for a year is a more fair comparison. Can you imagine our team for next year, and adding a Mr. Kevin Durant?

65. Fish Batter Broker
    10:32 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Stock in Fish Batter is up 100pts

66. Richard The Investigator
    10:33 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt –

Of course Wiggins had a good visit. Have you ever heard a player say they had a bad visit to a college? After a player commits somewhere I could see them saying I had a better visit at school A than school B, felt more comfortable at one and that helped them make the decision. But immediately following a visit, they always say it went well. He could visit Alcorn State this weekend and on Monday he would say it was a good visit. Hard to really read into those comments.

67. Morehead Callin'
    10:33 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

ESPN Recruiting Show Last Night:

Randall = Kansas

Wiggins = FSU

gotta love ESPN, kinda like a liberal Sequestration = dont even know what there talking ’bout….

Wiggins goes to FSU, he will be triple teamed the whole season and not win a title. Goes to KY win title and spreads the field.

Randall goes to Kansas then Kansas will be deadly dangerous, thats all I see.

68. RealCatsFan
    10:34 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Can’t decide if the singer for Canned Heat sounds more like Gilligan or Kermit the Frog…

69. Laker Cat 18
    10:35 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

What’s wrong with Danny?

70. Chuck from Berea
    10:35 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Did Drew go to North in Madisonville? What year did he graduate?

71. RealCatsFan
    10:35 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

67, yeah, they probably also predicted:

John Wall – Duke
    Brandon Knight – Florida
    Nerlens Noel – Georgetown
    Harrison Twins – Maryland

I could go on…

72. Jax Teller
    10:35 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of Jay, did anyone ever hear from him?

73. Nope
    10:35 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

That was Danny’s sign-off

74. Delk for 3
    10:36 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Tomorrow’s game is so freakin’ big and I’m worried as can be about it!

75. Kidnut
    10:37 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew and Danny…the day alliteration died.

76. jarrod
    10:37 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Can You post some of the best of Drew stories or some of his posts today

77. L2C8
    10:38 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I will have to agree with that caller, there are a handful of fans that remind me of my Ol’ Lady, NEVER HAPPY.

78. Laker Cat 18
    10:39 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I got my 8 tickets for the UK Spring Game yesterday. Got them later though, so we’re stuck in the corner in section 122. Where is everyone else sitting?

79. Delk for 3
    10:39 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Breaking News: Rory McIlroy withdraws from Honda Classic 8 holes into his second rd. at a score of +8. What was he thinking changing his golf clubs?

80. Boogie Fan
    10:39 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Will Jasmine in Vegas call in for Drew’s last day?

81. Kara
    10:40 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

That wasn’t Danny’s suicide note, was it?

82. Boogie Fan
    10:41 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m a season ticket holder and I’ll be glad to have 30K there for the spring game. We needed all the fans we could get last year.

83. eek
    10:41 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

A very simple question… If UK said the password was for season ticket holders, why did Matt think the choice was his to give it out to a mass audience?

It’s kind of ironic that just earlier this week Matt was criticizing the fairweather bball fans for not getting behind this team.

84. L2C8
    10:41 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Has Mark Pope aged AT ALL. It looks like he just left last year. And was he pumped up OR WHAT!!!! WOOOOO #GOBIGBLUE

85. Mash Davis
    10:42 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I don’t get the fans irritation about the tickets. If you want to be high class, you have act high class. Giving out the tickets this way shows that we are trying to be a high class program that cares about the fans.

86. TylerH
    10:42 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

How is this any different than having tickets for the Blue/White basketball game?

87. L2C8
    10:42 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

83 – DUDE, are you bored or something?

88. Morgan
    10:43 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Hey drew I tried to call in but as I suspected the lines were all busy so I just wanted to thank you for all you have done for the show over the years n u will be missed on the show buddy good luck

89. Morehead Callin'
    10:44 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

If you cant afford $1.50, then just dont buy a 20 oz. Mt Dew or a pack of cigarettes.
    If you can’t afford a 1.50, then call Washington and protest, everyone else will be hammern’ down in the stands.

Can we move on to something “important” instead of complaining about something that is pointless?
    How did Wiggins Family visit go, anyone know?
    Thats important! not “6” fans complaining over a 1.50!

90. uk tim
    10:44 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

well you should of waited atleast a day so season ticket holders got there tickets. they went to the game last year and supported the the team even when it was bad there a reason the code LOYALTY

91. Laker Cat 18
    10:46 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

90. Dude, 25,000 tickets sold correct? The stadium holds 70,000+. I don’t think anyone will have a problem getting in.

92. Kidnut
    10:47 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew needs to be careful not to get involved in an underground fighting ring controlled by Brian Dennehy, he has a very hard head so be careful.

93. ChicagoCat
    10:48 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

INTERESTING FACT: BIG EASY WORKS FOR KNOWN UK HATER KENT STERLING AT ESPN 101 in St. LOUIS! Wonder what those conversations are like.

94. Wiggins!
    10:49 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, can we talk a little about Andrew Wiggins visit? What do we know about the visit and how did it go?

95. TylerH
    10:49 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

You don’t have to have season tickets to show your loyalty to the team. Last time I checked you can still go to all the games without being a season ticket holder. And people who had season tickets last year already bought them without knowing how bad we were going to be. I’d like to know how many season ticket holders actually attended every game last year.

96. Rockfield, KY
    10:49 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Where were the loyal season ticket holders last year at the Spring Game? I know there are more than 4,000 out there.

97. Zeek
    10:50 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

only dumb people play football

98. DrSayre
    10:50 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

We should petition the White House to get the denim jerseys back

99. Laker Cat 18
    10:50 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Call the SEC live on the air to see if we can get another ref for tomorrow.

100. Question for Drew the Employee
    10:50 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I liked it when you referred to callers as “Brother”. Do you still do that?

101. inlinefor9
    10:52 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

For comparison, I’ve seen Pitino take recruits to the now defunct Red Star Tavern on 4th St Live. No wonder players don’t want to go to UofL.

102. L2C8
    10:52 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, watch it, if you run across something Ryan likes, it’s hard telling what we are going to hear next.

103. jeff
    10:53 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

In my opinion most people that were upset about Matt giving out the code is because the “loyalty” code was for season ticket holders to have a period when they could order and get decent seats. They were opening to the general public on Monday, march 4th. The K fund donors got to order theirs even earlier, so basically Matt just gave away “our” priority as season ticket holders to get the best seats available…… we are the ones that have been “loyal” for many years.
    Best of luck to Drew, we’ll miss him!!

104. eek
    10:55 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

103 – yep

105. TravisC
    10:56 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

What happened to Fake Randy Savage? Best 2 second calls ever.

106. Delk for 3
    10:56 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Haven’t heard from our man J-Roc for a few days.

107. Rockfield, KY
    10:56 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

101. What a turrible bar. I went there one time about 9 years ago, my buddy threw up on the bar 15 min after we got there and then we left. I’ve never gone back to 4th St. since.

108. G-Unit
    10:57 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

79 – C’mon man, My first golf match when I was in 6th grade I shot an 85 on the front 9 at Widdows Watch…did I quit? Hell Naw, I came back and shot a 42 on the back 9….#noquit

109. Laker Cat 18
    10:57 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

103. I went to the Samford game last season and the majority of the lower level seats (the season ticket holders) were empty. I moved down and sat in those loyal fans’ seats you’re referring to. I feel for those who actually ARE loyal, but I don’t give a rats hind end about those who do not go or give their season tickets to others.

110. Rockfield, KY
    10:58 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Y’all obviously aren’t too mad about the ticket issue or at Matt. You keep on posting over and over about it on Matt’s website, giving him more hits and comments, which pads his pockets.

111. Jax Teller
    10:58 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

In an out of meetings all day, just wanted to wish Drew the best of luck. Your driving skills around Louisville for “where’s Drew” ticket contests will be unmatched.

112. L2C8
    10:59 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

103/104 – I’M SURE YOU WILL SEE THE GAME FINE guys. Be thankful you can even go. Out with the bad, in with the good. Are you going to be upset about this ALLLLL YEAR?

113. G-Unit
    11:01 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

This is just rich folks being upset that for once in their life…they didnt get “VIP” treatment…. SUCK IT UP!

114. L2C8
    11:01 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

109 AMEN. I hear that.
    103 – If you have such a problem, go to the UL spring game, they will all be laying out in the parking lot, passed out, so you should be able to get a great seat.

115. Rockfield, KY
    11:01 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

109. I tried to buy season tickets last year on the lower bowl and couldn’t find any, yet when I went to games (drove from Chattanooga to get there) there lower bowl was half empty every time.

Having enough money to buy seats you don’t use doesn’t make you loyal. The loyal fans are the ones who sit way up at the top every week in $hitty seats and cheer on a bad team in cold weather.

116. Delk for 3
    11:02 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

108 — Way to hang in there. That’s a big-time turnaround.

117. jeff
    11:02 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Wonder if Matt set up a special “loyal listener” deal for some fictional “insider info” and someone publicly gave out the code because they felt everyone should get the scoop, how Matt would feel about that?

118. L2C8
    11:04 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

117 – Excuse me for asking, How old are you?

119. L2C8
    11:07 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

117 – Are you 1 of those people who Knitt during the games? Are you REALLY THAT UPSET ABOUT THIS? Geez This is crazy. Is there anything else you would like to cry about?

120. ktmiln2
    11:07 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Charging $2 for a podcast is just communist wealth redistribution.

121. Delk for 3
    11:07 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

117 — Cry baby, cry. You want a wahburger with those cries?

122. Fake Nate
    11:08 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Will Drew the Employee give us his new # so we can call him in Chicago?

123. A Different Drew
    11:09 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

“Loyal” does not mean having enough money to buy up season tickets and show up to your Saturday social club (or NOT show up at all, as mentioned above re: the empty lower bowl the 2nd half of last season – not that I blame them) … Loyal means fans who follow and support their Cats, no matter how good OR BAD they are. Just like in the comparison between the Tournament fans and the ol’ fudd-duddys in Rupp, there are many more “loyal” fans that can’t or don’t get into Commonwealth regularly. They might not live close enough, or make enough $$ to budget in Season tickets … that does not make them less loyal.

124. Delk for 3
    11:10 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Like a Kansas player is going to tell Coach Self, “I’m not wearing it.”

125. jeff
    11:11 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

you guys are not getting this!! Yes, I want 60,000 people to be there!! EVERYONE was going to have an opportunity to get tickets, this 4 day period was supposed to be for LOYAL season ticket holders. THEN the general public was to get to order on Monday…… what is so hard to understand about that? K fund people had a day before season ticket holders…. a pecking order, so to speak. Can you NOT understand that?

126. TylerH
    11:11 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

If Nike comes out with a ‘one-game’ special jersey like they did this year, are the teams still allowed to wear them whenever they want? For instance Gonzaga still wears their new Nike jerseys with the logo on the front instead of the name of the school.

127. Laker Cat 18
    11:11 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Here are your loyal season ticket holders. Jack those prices up and put them on stubhub.

128. Delaney Hanley
    11:11 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Georgetown in the 80’s made the gray tshirts under the jersey famous with Pat Ewing and Ralph Dalton.

129. inlinefor9
    11:12 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I guess from the standpoint of ADIDAS, they are getting the biggest sample size possible by displaying them during the tournament. Get response from public and from the players. Nike chooses to do this during the regular season and take a smaller sample size of public reaction. Really the schools are just test dummies for ADIDAS. Seems like I would have a problem with this if I were an AD at these schools.

130. Delk for 3
    11:12 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

125 — We can understand that. We can also understand that we got better tickets than you. Suck it!

131. G-Unit
    11:13 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

116- Thank ya. I was determined to finish the round.

132. Laker Cat 18
    11:14 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

125. I sat on the 3rd row of Commonwealth at the Samford game last season. Best seats I’ve ever had at a UK football game. All thanks to a couple of your loyal fans.

133. inlinefor9
    11:14 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Could you explain your dislike for UofL? My God, where to start. Just go to the Hate Day pages and that’ll give you just a beginning.

134. PAK
    11:15 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt – could you explain your dislike for Lima Beans?

135. Stylin'
    11:15 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

If you’re Adidas, why not tourney hairpieces for selected coaches?

136. Chuck from Berea
    11:15 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

We need KSR on FM radio. AM radio has terrible range.

137. CATandMONKEY
    11:16 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Dog; Please explain your disdain for those of the feline persuasion.
    SMH

138. TylerH
    11:16 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Ryan – can you explain your dislike for homeless people?

139. ktmiln2
    11:17 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Ryan, could you explain your dislike of homeless people?

140. inlinefor9
    11:17 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Catfished!

141. ktmiln2
    11:17 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

138. What the hell man? That was my joke!!! MY JOKE!

142. A Different Drew
    11:19 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Can you imagine how dead Big Blue Madness would be if they allowed all the season ticket holders first dibs on the free tickets?

These events are for ALL fans, perhaps especially the ones who don’t normally get in. If they want to start SELLING tickets, or include tickets as part of the season ticket package, well then you’ve got your “priority” seating.

143. Nope
    11:19 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Danny – can you explain your dislike of anything new?

144. 131, I love losing and chasing balls also how’d you shoot such a low score, heck I can’t do that NOW and I’ve been playing for many many moons ha ha ha ha

145. G-Unit
    11:19 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

SHe sounds hott…

146. ktmiln2
    11:19 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Hedge fund manager? Money money money……

147. inlinefor9
    11:21 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Was hedge fund girl droppin it low, low, low, lowww

148. CATandMONKEY
    11:22 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

She assumed because he was NOT flirting that he was married????????

149. Laker Cat 18
    11:23 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Wow, I hope mom knew about that living in sin stuff. LOL.

150. G-Unit
    11:23 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

144 – At that time I did not know the rules too good. I kept hitting my drives into some very tall grass… didnt know I could take a drop til the back 9.

151. inlinefor9
    11:23 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Look at Matt dropping compliments so when he comes to Chicago she will set him up.

152. TylerH
    11:23 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

You should have asked her if she likes fish batter…

153. hoag17
    11:24 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

why isn’t the derby listed as one of the “great” sporting events?

154. Delaney Hanley
    11:25 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I think Drew the Employee met Jess along with Billy G in that Ponzi scheme.

155. GOS
    11:26 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Does Fayetteville mean Fayette county, da’ville area?

156. G-Unit
    11:26 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

“living in sin?”………. I’m sorry but that notion is sooo prehistoric… I would recommend to ANYONE to live together first. Finding out if you can live together is a huge step before introducing a ring. It helped end a relationship of mine cuz she was extremely OCD.

157. Laker Cat 18
    11:27 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Half these people are all Arkansas fans posing just to get tickets I’m sure.

158. Rockfield, KY
    11:27 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Just give it to someone from Fayetteville! How often do they get to see UK play?

159. G-Unit
    11:27 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Thurman Thomas… HAted that dude with a passion

160. Rockfield, KY
    11:27 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Scott Thurman

161. ktmiln2
    11:27 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Jimmy Dykes did play on Arkansas’ basketball team.

162. Chuck

GEORGETOWN!

167. inlinefor9
    11:29 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

keyboard-gate!

168. inlinefor9
    11:30 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

LOUISVILLE!?!?! Are you [email protected]#*%g kidding me!?

169. Rural Juror
    11:30 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

170. ryan lemond
    11:31 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Hedge fund girl sounded hot! Drew — you might want to take some fish batter with you to Chicago.

171. Shawon
    11:31 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I would like tofile a formal complaint about the “Schools that will be in the new Big East” question.

And when can I call in and yell at the call screener???

172. Delk for 3
    11:31 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

That last dude was definitely using his keyboard.

173. Rural Juror
    11:32 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Seems like a bad question to being with since the whole thing is still in flux.

174. Yourwrongmattjones
    11:32 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Xavier is not one of the catholic 7, that guy should have won.

175. Richard The Investigator
    11:32 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt –

Poor question. While Xavier is a Catholic school, they are not one of the 7 Catholic schools currently in the Big East. They are moving to the Big East from the Atlantic 10. You asked a team in the new Big East which isn’t one of the 7 Catholic schools already in. That leaves Xavier and Butler and you didn’t count Xavier……

176. HeMightBeRight
    11:33 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Techinally Louisville is going in the new Big East until they join the ACC in 2014….

177. G-Unit
    11:33 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Xavier is not Catholic

178. Rockfield, KY
    11:34 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

La Salle?

179. G-Unit
    11:35 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

it would help if the host knew what he is talking bout lol…

180. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:37 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Give us a pic of Matt behind the glass.

181. G-Unit
    11:38 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

DTE has a better radio voice than Matt

182. bleedblueky
    11:38 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew – we LOVE you and we wish you the BEST ๐Ÿ™‚

183. Laker Cat 18
    11:38 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

We have to have Drew call in from Chicago sometimes to give us updates.

184. Beans
    11:38 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

We’ll miss you Drew Franklin.

185. inlinefor9
    11:39 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

THAT IS AWESOME

186. Laker Cat 18
    11:39 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

LOL. Drew Franklin is awesome. Have a good time in Chicago Mr. Franklin.

187. Lebowski
    11:40 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew – Good Luck buddy! KSR family will miss you!

188. GPS
    11:40 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Changing of the guard… For 30 min. anyway. KSR still ridiculous. Love it.

189. inlinefor9
    11:40 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, could you have Drew Franklin come on the radio show at least for the first few days next week. Just for the fun of blowing the minds of these callers.

190. wkcatsfan
    11:41 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I think Xavier is a Catholic/Jesuit university. It’s website claims that it is anyway.

191. bleedblueky
    11:41 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt – I have to admit that Drew has a better voice and better looking than his ex-boss ๐Ÿ™‚

192. coldspringmike
    11:41 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

#177- Jesuit does,nt count as being Catholic ?

193. So_true
    11:42 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew you have a smooth radio voice. Nice looking guy…lucky girl.

194. Ricky Penetrator
    11:42 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Fake Barney = not funny

195. Rockfield, KY
    11:42 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Well done Barney

196. Delk for 3
    11:43 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Xavier is certainly a Catholic university.

197. Laker Cat 18
    11:44 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, get off the radio. This is Drew and Ryan’s show for the next 17 minutes.

198. Good luck drew
    11:44 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Listening to yesterday’s podcast. That hand rolled Amanda comment is hilarious from Ryan lemond.
    Good luck in Chi town Drew.

199. John from Cincinnati
    11:44 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Xavier is catholic,jesuit

200. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:45 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Nice work Ryan!

201. G-Unit
    11:45 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

192 – I was saying they arent in the catholic 7

202. Laker Cat 18
    11:46 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

The Titanic? LOL.

203. 5000
    11:46 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt the people of London would really like it if you guys did a show at Weavers. You guys have quite a fan base down here.

204. Laker Cat 18
    11:47 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

You know the Titanic sank right? Good luck with the lady Drew! From, Ryan. LOL.

205. Beans
    11:47 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

If Drew starts crying, I want Shannon The Douche to punch him square in the mouth.

206. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:48 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

That Rihanna commercial is funny now that she is back with Chris Brown.

207. Delaney Hanley
    11:49 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I love the song Eminence Front! Good luck drew drink a cold one for me on Rush St.

208. katzrjamers
    11:49 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Thanks Mr. Pratt. You and Dan, Drew and Matt. Legends continue. Drew-great Who intro.

209. Laker Cat 18
    11:49 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

This is also the song from the jail cell murder scene from Law Abiding Citizen. One of the greatest movies ever.

210. Kidnut
    11:51 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Xavier is a Jesuit university and is indeed Catholic.

211. Kidnut
    11:54 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Has this just turned into The Dave Ramsey show?

212. G-Unit
    11:54 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

I KNOW XAVIER IS CATHOLIC!!!! THE QUESTION WAS CATHOLIC-7,WHICH THEY ARE NOT!

213. Beans
    11:54 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Hedge Fun Sports Radio.

214. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:55 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Wow…again!

215. bleedblueky
    11:55 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

WE LOVE YOU DREW AND WE ARE GOING TO MISS YOU ๐Ÿ™

216. Laker Cat 18
    11:55 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

212. I don’t think they’ve picked up the fact that a new Catholic conference has been formed that Xavier is not yet a part of.

217. St. Paul Raiders
    11:58 am March 1, 2013 Permalink

Really cool to let Drew have that time. Nice work.

218. Chicago
    12:00 pm March 1, 2013 Permalink

Unfortunately can’t listen live right now, but wanted to extend to Drew my congratulations on moving on and up to Chicago. Look forward to seeing you at The Pony. Have enjoyed your various radio antics over the past few years.

219. PinkUKfan
    12:01 pm March 1, 2013 Permalink

I found myself tearing up there at the end. I hate goodbyes. Good luck, Drew!

220. GummyBear
    12:03 pm March 1, 2013 Permalink

Why is it so hard for people to understand the difference between Drew Franklin and Drew the Employee?

Btw, Emminence Front is a good song, but not even in the Who’s top 20 best songs. I just found it odd that you didn’t want to see The Who live without Keith Moon, yet your favorite Who song came out after Moon died.

221. Uncle Ted
    12:56 pm March 1, 2013 Permalink

Good luck with the cess pool, gun hating city they call Chicago.

222. Morehead Calln'
    1:23 pm March 1, 2013 Permalink

Learn to dodge bullets in Chicago, say hey to Jackie Wurzelbacher…
    Dont worry she will find you, lol.

223. Coop
    1:27 pm March 1, 2013 Permalink

Need a replacement? I got you.

224. smoke
    7:58 pm March 1, 2013 Permalink

Good luck! Gbb!

225. You Can Call Me Cal
    10:45 pm March 1, 2013 Permalink

Well DTI doesn’t look like he sounds, but he definitely will be missed for his excellent wit and sarcasm. Well done sir