The country music video you’ve been waiting for…

JD Shelburne’s new country music video, “Farmboy,” starring Joker Phillip on bass guitar, premiered today on the worldwide web. Watch as Joker rocks out on bass with Shelburne, a Taylorsville native and diehard Kentucky fan.

Shelburne will be performing in Louisville during the State Fair this weekend and then again at Austin City Saloon in Lexington on Saturday, August 25 at 10:00 pm. Joker Phillips will not be there.

Article written by Drew Franklin

61 Comments for The country music video you’ve been waiting for…

1. Gold Standard
    10:31 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

J.D. Shelburne is as much of a farmboy as we are a football team

2. Steve
    10:34 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Gold Standard you are about as much of Gold as you are silver. JD Shelburne rocks!!!

3. Steve
    10:35 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Great to have UK represented on the country music level! we are taking over and #BBN is behind JD all the way!! !love it!

4. Nick
    10:35 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Now this is what country music has been waiting for! Finally, somebody as written a song about things they learned from their grandparents and life growing up on the farm, and how they’ll never lose those values. I can’t believe no country singer has ever written a song just exactly like this one.

5. mike
    10:36 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Joker sticks out like a sore thumb in that crowd lol.

6. ThaCoach
    10:37 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Isn’t that Larry Vaught on the right side in sun glasses with the guitar?

7. Steve
    10:39 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

LOVE IT!!!! AMEN NICK!!!!

8. WTF
    10:41 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Uh check out the lady in Pink…H O L Y C O W !!!!!!

9. Mattman
    10:44 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Have to admit, not a big fan of this. I guess any publicity is good publicity. Nick I love your sarcasm, I caught it. Some body trying to look like Jake Owen.

10. schwing
    10:46 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

the dipping girl is back!

11. what the what
    10:47 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Joker has no flare, no excitement. Almost like he doesn’t have interest. Reminds me of something else we’re used to seeing on the football field.

12. Honky Kong
    10:47 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Is that Bill Curry on the steel guitar ??!!

13. Steve
    10:48 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Lousiville FANS gets off KSR!!! AKA SCHWING, HONKY KONG, GOLDTRASH STANDARD, MATTMAN

Go back to winn dixie!

14. ktmiln2
    10:48 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

1&4 have already nailed it. This is as country as Rascal Flatts.

15. Bob
    10:51 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Spelling out words in a song is a red flag for the song sucks. Only time it was successful was in R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

F-A-R-M-B-O-Y… how stupid is that?

16. Champ
    10:53 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

#4 I wanted to say something similar, but you nailed it.

17. Honky Kong
    10:56 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Adam & Eve, or J.D. & Steve ?

18. Champ
    10:58 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

I dare you to find me a new country song that is not about/or mentions

a)being from a small town/ being country
    b)pickup trucks / off-roading
    c)”Honkey Tonks”
    d)Preachers’ daughters
    e)Whiskey

K maybe you can find a few, but not many.

19. atlantacat
    11:00 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

The lady in pink has some serious, serious boobies.

20. Bleaker
    11:02 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Holy Breasticles!

21. PAC
    11:02 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

This video is incredible! WOW! Great job to JD Shelburne, Joker and everyone else in the video. I love when a video tells a story and this one does. Much luck and success to you. You are on your way!

22. Steve
    11:07 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Love it! #BBN! LOUSIVILLE FANS….LUNCH BREAK IS [email protected]!!!!! go back to WINN DIXIE!

23. Cat's Balls
    11:15 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

I guess Cartman was right about playing the bass guitar.

24. Cat's Balls
    11:20 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

F-A-R-M-B-O-Y needs a H-A-I-R-C-U-T.

I’ll be here all week. Don’t forget to tip your waitress.

25. Actual Farmboy
    11:21 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

I would have loved to have gotten behind this song but as an actual farmer it just can’t happen. First off those glasses and that outfit don’t belong on any farm. JD used to actually be country but now he is going all Keith Urban on us. I like some of the verse but spelling out farmboy wasn’t his best play there, sounds like another cheesy redneck anthem. JD stick to your roots man and be honest. You have the talent and now the stage, don’t waste it. Seriously loose the glasses lol

GO CATS!

26. MattMan
    11:23 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

Steve, are you implying that since I am not a big fan of JD Shelburne’s music that I am a UL fan. lol, That’s pretty awesome. I like JD Shelburne as person I just do not care for his music or that fact he looks so much like Jake Owen. I will probably see him at the fair, probably will even talk to him as I have in the past. Steve you seem like a JD Shelburne publicist or a relative. Way to be objective.

27. TN Cat
    11:24 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

I just wanted to see the tatas bounce and they didn’t even do a closeup.

28. PAC
    11:42 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

I think it’s funny that people want to hold it against JD for looking like another country artist…..first of all…..JD does not try to look like anyone but himself….and second…..Jake is doing really well, has a BEAUTIFUL wife, a number one song and is on the biggest tour of the year at the moment so I’d say comparing him to Jake Owen is not a bad thing. Stop being jealous that someone you may or may not know personally is having some success and doing better than you are!

29. Bleaker
    11:46 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

28- ok jd’s mom

30. Steve
    11:47 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

MATTMANN…glad you pay $100 bucks parking at the state fair, food, fat man funnel cake, to come to the fair in your crocs, and stop to see JD Shelburne. Thats great. We appreciate that. You dont have to like anyones music…but when you hide behine a screename and hate on JD thats enough for me to smile. GO CATS!! GO JD!!!!!

31. Steve
    11:49 am August 15, 2012 Permalink

FARMBOY!!!!!!!! YOUTUBE VIEWS ARE SCREAMING!!!! IM A FAN FOR LIFE!

32. Hacksaw
    12:03 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Here’s “true blue” JD singing the national anthem at a U of L game. He’s anybody’s dog that will have him and is just using KSR/Joker for cheap publicity.

33. CATS
    12:04 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Waylon is rolling over in his grave……

34. MattMan
    12:06 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Steve, Parking and admission are free (when you know the right people), funnel cakes are terrible, I go for the pork chop sandwiches, other artists in the Savori Tent,& other free concerts. PAC, anyone but himself? Seriously. I’m sure he had someone pick him out a pink V-Neck this morning. Jealousy is a big word that I’m surprised you could spell. I’m sure JD Shelburne has worked his tail off to get to where he is, and he deserves the success he is having right now, but if he wants to further this success he and his fans/Mom will have to deal with critics. It’s easy to say someone is jealous and discredit the criticism you’ve just received, but it’s hard to accept the criticism and move on to improve your life with that criticism. His success is nothing but good for the state, Not a fan (which is short for fanatic, PAC), but I will support JD Shelburne. PAC, please don’t talk yourself through an insult, it’s embarrassing.

35. Sam
    12:09 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

I just want to say that I have seen JD live several times. He is one of the best performers I have ever seen. This is what country music has needed. He is always himself no matter what, he clearly loves what he is doing, loves his fans and shows his appreciation for all of them. He is never too good to talk to me or anyone else at his shows. He writes music about his life and we (his fans) can relate to it. You can’t please everyone. Heck, Kenny Chesney is the biggest in country music hands down and there are people that don’t like him and make negative comments about him but as you can see they don’t affect him or his career as none of these will for JD. The way I see it, whether you are making a positive or negative comment, you are still taking the time to talk about JD. The promotion is great! Keep rockin JD.

36. James K
    12:19 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

I played high school basketball with JD. His family did a lot of farming when I was younger, so I can say with some certainty that he isn’t pulling this out of his ass.

37. Rockfield, KY
    12:36 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Good luck to JD, if in fact you really are a UK fan. If not, then I don’t care so much. I’ve become less of a fan of today’s version of country music. If you want to hear a young country musician that keeps it country and western, listen to Stoney Larue. I’m going to see him tomorrow night in Nashville at the Exit In if any real country fans are out there.

38. Eric
    1:32 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Keep rockin JD! Love the Song and Video!

39. Eric
    1:36 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Farmboy and Cat fan till the day that I Die!

40. huntin chickens
    1:40 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

that boy looks bout as country as cufflinks

41. UKfansNKY
    1:45 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

RIGHT ON # 39!!!

42. Blue_Cat75
    1:47 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Poor Joker must have been scared to death with all those white people around.

43. jeff h
    2:22 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Could country music get any more sappy? sounds like every other male counrty singer!

44. Bulldawg
    2:37 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

I would love to hear some of these people bad mouthing JD write and sing a song in public…wait, maybe not. Great job to everyone involved.

45. YourBoyBlue
    2:49 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

How about giving Sundy Best a little KSR love? One of the members actually walked on at UK in ’04-’05 (Nick Jamerson).

46. floodcat
    3:03 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

My God he is a terrible singer, Really he is bad. Country is dead, Period.

47. Grandad
    3:35 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Get a haircut. Or, if you’re going to have long hair at least don’t put so much crap in it.

48. DCF
    3:52 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

#1 – haha hilarious.

49. Steve S
    4:05 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

JD rocked this! Cant wait to see you rock soon! Joker tears it up!

50. Johan
    4:19 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

46- country music died in the late 90’s.

Everything in every music genre these days is angled toward kids. Kids have their money and their parents’ money, too. And kids generally get what they want. This same logic applies across multiple markets, too. Food, clothes, cars, etc. So, generic, re-sampled, over-played beats and simple lyrics dominate everything. Oh, throw in some constant sex references and you have Pop, the most widely accepted form of this sonic trash. Then you get to listen to 8-y/o girls singing Niki Manaj songs.

Across genres. Beats are the same. Fill is the same. Add some banjo, take out the synthesizer… still the same thing. Run it all thru a laptop and clean it up (because real talent is dead) to sound passable and make 10million copies.

Don’t believe it’s all the same stuff? Science proves it.

51. SCFD369
    6:12 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

I think it was a wise person that said thanks for putting my name in your mouth because your making me famous. Keep talking crap and go back to flipping those burgers at McDonalds. #FARMBOY

52. floodcat
    6:55 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Wow! J.D.’s Mom is angry. or is that you J.D.. Either way, you better hope you make it, or you will be the one flipping those burgers.

53. SCFD369
    7:39 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Your mom was angry when you were born.

54. Jarweed
    8:04 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Why it took 8 post to comment on them there knockers….#dobetter

55. HUBER
    8:35 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

I hope Joker does a better of of coaching football this year then he did of fake playing bass in this video. Dont see how it helped his image at all to be a barely shown prop in a bad country music video. Would have rather seen Cal call Drake and get him to put Joker in one of his videos. Atleast he could do for getting that UK National Championship ring for him. Joker in a Drake video >>> Joker in a Chris Gaines/JD Whoever video.

56. HUBER
    8:36 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

Oh and those Knockers were legit. That crappy video would be top 10 on CMT if they replaced Joker with “Big Jugs” fake playing bass.

57. AMG
    8:41 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

The chick in the pink has some of the biggest sweater puppies I’ve seen in a while! I’ll be thinking about those a lot , um lately. A whole lot!

58. Gridiron_cat
    9:26 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

46 & 50. Pretty much sums it up Johan for every artist I hear on the radio or TV. I’ve come across some pretty talented bands at festivals though, just nothing mainstream.

59. CAUKFAN
    9:31 pm August 15, 2012 Permalink

23- That’s what I was thinking.

60. Mary Jo
    12:06 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

Do ya’ll see me?

61. Eric in the mount
    4:05 pm August 17, 2012 Permalink

I think my grandpa would kick my rear end if I had long girly hair and wore sunglasses like that.