The Cleveland Dream Is Over

According to ESPN, the Cleveland Cavaliers have guaranteed Kyrie Irving that he’ll be their top pick in the draft and #1 overall.  There was a small possibility that they could go with Enes Kanter at #1 overall and possibly Brandon Knight at #4 (both players worked out for them today), but that is now over.  Once again, we’ve had our shot at a Knight and Kanter pick-and-roll dashed.  On the bright side, we won’t have to root for Cleveland – maybe.

Kanter is still slotted to go off the board at #2 (Timberwolves), #4 (Cleveland) or #6 (Wizards), while Knight is still settled in to the #3 slot and the Jazz.

In unrelated news, here’s a picture of a protest in Chicago…

save-our-soaps

Article written by Thomas Beisner

32 Comments for The Cleveland Dream Is Over

1. Emmert still sucks
    2:48 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

2,1

2. Emmert still sucks
    2:48 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

And all of them in the top pic!

3. KevinC
    2:53 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Good…Dan Gilbert isn’t worthy of Kanter OR Knight. He deserves a punk-ass b#tch from Duke. How many NBA titles have Duke players won? 2…and Danny Ferry BARELY counts as a contributor on his, with the Spurs.

4. JEREMY
    2:56 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Good for them! And once again there will be a dukie who will end up a bust!! I guess it was the fact that kyrie had so much more experience and those healthy ankles! Just another reason why Lebron will be laughing at them while they continue to SUCK!!

5. Axe Cop
    2:57 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Check out the gams on purple shorts. Aw-aw-awoOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

6. Tom Handy
    3:08 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Irving at #1 just makes no sense. Not being a UK homer but Kanter-Knight at 1 and 4 seems much more valuable.

7. Buckets
    3:13 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Her sign should say, “Who wants to play submarine?”

8. Chum~p
    3:20 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Dang you Cleveburg! You always get my hopes up for them to be dashed over and over. Williams would be a better pick then Kyrie. You still have time to change your mind CAVS! Get Kanter and Knight. Wonder which of these cheerleaders Kyrie is trying to Skype as we speak.

9. Irishhooliganx
    3:20 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

I am not saying they have to take Kanter or Knight, but Irving
    is overrated. I am not hating on the guy because he is a dukie.
    I just don’t think he is all that great.

10. Rhymes With Thespian
    3:20 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Glad I don’t have to root for Cleve Land.

Why would anybody draft a player who has been injured his entire career?

I’ll take the Asian in the front. Yall can fight over the rest.

11. SexnNursinHomes
    3:30 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

I’d rather have the 2 broads on the bottom. You can treat’em like crap and they will always be loyal to ya. Only bad thing, buying their cigarettes and scratch off lottos.

12. StevieD
    3:42 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Looks to me like they need to use some soap.

13. StevieD
    3:43 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

SNH, I knew that you’d be right on top of that one.

14. SexnNursinHomes
    3:44 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

12- just for the sweaty part of their inner thigh, they can patchuli the rest of their body. kinda hot I think.

15. StevieD
    3:51 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

y

16. StevieD
    3:52 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

SNH, you’ve never let me down.

17. BravoBigBlue
    3:57 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

No biggie. Cleveland is a poorly run franchise anyway. Minnesota, not that great either. Utah would be allright. Wish Kanter would go to Washington and Knight to Sacremento. Maybe some trades will occur and this will happen.

18. Manchester
    4:01 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

w

19. soggyUKgrad
    4:04 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

I agree with 10…the rest of those chicks are pretty busted, especially for “professional cheerleaders”…if that’s the best Cleveland has to offer, it’s no wonder LeBitch skipped town.

20. Kanter Banter
    4:20 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

These Cav girls is the best Cleveland can do??? Knight and Kanter would be better off in Utah and Washington for sure!

21. Manchester
    4:24 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

i

22. 78 NCAA Champions
    4:31 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

0,0

23. Manchester
    4:40 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

z

24. TreyDay
    4:53 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

So much for the element of surprise in the draft. Isn’t that why most people watch the freaking draft anyways? Weak Cleveland, and weak pick too by the way.

25. ClintHedges.com
    5:20 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

2, 1. And I’m talking about the bottom picture…

26. ClintHedges.com
    5:22 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Seriously though, screw Cleveland, like LeBron or not, Gilbert is an idiot, and I’d hate to see one of MY Cats in that jersey! In three years when their initial contract is up, is he going to treat them the same way he treated LeBron?

If one of them is drafted there, that’s definitely one jerseys my kids WILL NOT own!

27. cop killin promoted at the white house
    7:43 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

Why is Gilbert an idiot? I dont understand the beating he takes on here. I am not a Cleveland fan, but he got [email protected] Lebron knew he was leaving and should have told them. They got nothin. They put some good not great players around him but the big fish wouldnt sign because Lebron didnt have a long term contract there and wouldnt say if he was staying. Gilbert takes a beating because he called him out and he should have. Actually he should went further. I went to some Cavs games this yr to get some autographs for my UK2K poster and I think they do a heck of a job. Most KY fans that go agree and there are plenty of us.
    GO CATS!!

28. Cat fan in TN
    8:02 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

I’ll take the girl in the back in the middle….I’d make her keep those gold boots on though

29. ballplayerstu9698
    9:10 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

I’m thinking the way a few of you guys are, especailly #6. If there argument for Kanter is that he has no established playing time, then neither does Irving. He only contributed to 11 games and over half were in blowouts because Duke plays many cupcakes which looks as if the lady with the sign ate. But thats not important. What makes sense is Knight and Kanter with the #1 and #4 picks. And, Kanter has more experience than Irving overall with his ecperience coming by way of the Turkish leagues before heading to the states.

30. .
    10:27 pm June 20, 2011 Permalink

31. RondosDribblingHand
    2:26 am June 21, 2011 Permalink

10)Sorry Rhymes, you’ll be fighting me for the asian up front. She’s the only one worth fighting over imo.

32. STUART
    12:48 pm June 21, 2011 Permalink

haha love the pic guys,,, Save our soaps what a huge crowd not as in people by numbers but the 2 people their. They need to quit watching soaps and start watching Richard Simmons