The class of 2013 just got even better

The 2013 class is one of the best ever, and it got even better today when Noah Vonleh reclassified from 2014 to join this year’s high school seniors. ESPN had him ranked as the No. 4 overall player in the class of 2014, but Vonleh finds himself at No. 7 overall in his new class.

The 6-foot-8 power forward told ESPN, “I’m going to try and make a list of 10-15 schools and see what schools have scholarships open for me in 2013 and see who wants to recruit me.”

Vonleh doesn’t hold an offer from UK and he says¬†Indiana, North Carolina and Ohio State are recruiting him the hardest.

It’ll be interesting to see how much interest Cal shows as a backup plan to Julius Randle.

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for The class of 2013 just got even better

1. BigBlueSwami
    3:27 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Cal can draw names out of a hat in 2013 and get the best recruiting class in the country… its going to be crazy

2. ap3
    3:30 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Who thinks once the cats land one big name the rest will follow?

3. Brent S.
    3:31 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

No report on KSR of Arsalan Kazemi choosing Oregon over UK? Hmm…. Good news only, I guess?

4. Coolio
    3:31 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

At this rate, our entire starting line-up by will be made of guys who should be seniors in high school. #reclassified

5. theSkinny81
    3:32 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

3 – thats old news homeboy, but thanks for stopping by!

6. BK
    3:41 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

#3 – It was on the site yesterday, try again.

7. Linda Taylor
    3:41 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

3 – The post about that is so old you will have to hit Previous Entries twice to find it: Sept. 23 9:30am.

8. TampaCat
    3:43 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Punked – 3 times out of 7…… stay in louisville!

9. Rockfield, KY
    3:44 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Handles the ball well for 6’8″, passes well, doesn’t jump all that well, but could be very good in the DDO. Couldn’t tell much about his jumper.

10. SexnNursinHomes
    3:58 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

3- Trolling on a monday huh? Bet you were peeing in your pants excited when you found out mommy got the internet fixed today / yay!

11. Iputsaltontomatos
    4:04 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Kid graduated from the Terrence Jones School of Jumping: unless your dunking don’t bother getting off the floor, save that energy for power flexing and longer yells.

12. Tyler
    4:20 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Let me guess, this guy is a LOCK for UK… right, Drew?

13. Will S
    4:32 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

had to post this somewhere, http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/nba-ballers.asp

14. theSkinny81
    4:41 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

13 – that is a year old. its now UK 20, Duke 16, if I recall correctly.

now, in the argument of quality over quantity, UK wins in a landslide. you can keep your Redick’s, Duhon’s, McRobert’s, Sheldon’s, and Thomas’s…….

15. Duke Sucks
    5:06 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Will S why do you keep coming on this site. every time you get on here someone tells you to stop trolling and STFU. I know it’s a free country and you can come here if you like, but damn don’t you get tired of being asked to leave! Oh well no skin off my back.
    This kid is good, but I really want Randle. I’m not going to say he wasn’t that good or we didn’t want him if he goes else where. He should be the #1 target before wiggens or anyone else. Kid will be great in collage game. Others like Parker and Wiggens may project as better pros, but Randle will be the best NCAA player of the class.

16. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    6:07 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

I’m sure the kid would love to be someone’s backup plan. You all act like Cal has these kids eating out of his hand. It may be true in some cases (Derek Willis), but come on! A kid that is ranked that high knows that he doesn’t have to play at UK to play in the NBA. The fact that you guys act like they do is ridiculous. We saw evidence of that last yr, remember Shabazz & Bennett? Oh, I forgot, Cal didn’t really want them, that’s right lol. I think Cal will bring in another great class but until we actually see some commits, I’m not counting on the MONSTER CLASS you all keep reporting about. The Harrisons could easily choose Maryland (haven’t seen enough the past week to believe that?), Randle could wind up at Duke along with Jabari, the James Young love affair has cooled somewhat since earlier in the yr and who really knows about Wiggins, he could go to Drexel and be the number 1 pick in the draft. 1 egg, 2 eggs…..

17. CATNTN
    6:29 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Not sure why anyone is worked up about recruiting. Cal’s got this. Yes, one of these years the stars will align and Cal will miss on a couple. We’ll be thin and the year will not be as great as the last three. Worth it every time!

18. KY Realist
    7:01 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

If Uncle Wes gets involved, he will be a Cayut.

19. theSkinny81
    8:25 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

18 – if your mom gets involved, we’ll ALL be happy!

20. Pudweed12
    9:21 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

1:37 of highlights, and I saw one jump shot……everything else was a layup…….and a layup over a guy 4 inches shorter……if that’s all he has, then he NEEDS to go to IU…….

21. I'd like to spank 18's mom!!!!!
    9:36 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

#18 I don’t know what school has Cayut as a mascot, to be honest I have no friken idea what a Cayut is. The university of Kentucky has a Wildcat for a mascot. Learn the difference. I’m with 19 if I had about 15 minutes with your mom smacking that a$$ I would have you for a step-son. Believe that!!

22. Dave Ball
    3:01 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Randle to UK…Vonleh’s decision to move into 2013 is due in part of him wanting to go to UNC (who will not get Julius)…just a gut feeling…dominoes will start to fall in late October…2013 is going to be a fun class…Ha