The Cat Walk is Getting Classier This Fall

The Cat Walk before this year’s Spring Game.

The Cat Walk before this year's Spring Game.

The Cat Walk before this year’s Spring Game.

Mark Stoops couldn’t have been happier with the #BBN after the fantastic turnout before this year’s Spring Game. Now the new coach is rewarding the fans by classing things up a little for the Cat Walk by issuing a suit and tie pregame dress code. Instead of team issued sweats, the boys in blue will be donning black (or grey or navy blue).

If JT and Jay-Z stay on their Suit n Tie shit, why can’t the Cats?

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

14 Comments for The Cat Walk is Getting Classier This Fall

1. Nutter Butter
    8:50 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Oh the irony. Cursing in an article with ‘classier’ in the title.

2. shields eyes
    8:57 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Agreed #1, Matt should be pleased.

3. Pop Culture
    9:03 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

is lost on the old.

4. Alumni
    9:19 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

He was using lyrics from the song “Suit and Tie.” He was trying to be clever and make a pop culture reference.

5. MerleHaggard
    9:27 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I got things I can do, I got places I can go to be seen in.
    I got whiskey I can drink, to help me not to think about your leavin’….

6. nkycat
    9:28 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

this is awesome hopefully the tailgaters will follow suit and we can class the whole event up.

7. funKYcat75
    9:28 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Aaaaawwwwwww! I’m tellin’ mooooooommmm!!!!!

8. Sittin' Bull
    10:37 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Does the university supply each player a suit?

9. Hawkeye
    11:53 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Oh sure. JayZ, the epitome of class, somebody to be compared to.Extensive use of lyrics with the N-word, calling women “ho” and wanting a wife who will do him like a prostitute.

10. ZachMiles2
    8:27 am July 22, 2013 Permalink

8- I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking they may give them the option of wearing their own, but if not maybe they’ll have someone come in and fit them all for suits and use that service week by week.
    Just a thought

11. Cats in Sweats
    10:36 am July 22, 2013 Permalink

Not a big fan of the suit and tie on the way to the game. Love the current coaching staff, but for a player getting ready for a game, let them concentrate and chill on the Cat walk. It can be 80 or 90 degrees on the Cat walk and super hot in a suit for a 20 minute walk.\

Rethink this one!!!!!

12. Blue
    11:34 am July 22, 2013 Permalink

11…Give me a break. It’s not about the players being “comfortable.” It’s about building discipline, team unity, and looking “the part.” They can’t concentrate on the game wearing a suit? In all reality, dressing professionally makes you more apt to concentrate and put forth your best. It’s a psychological boost (why you should still dress professionally for a phone interview). I love the idea.

13. Cats in Sweats
    12:01 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

#12, you were the last chosen for sports, weren’t you. The current team is disciplined beyond discipline.
    It’s game day. Let the players chill. It’s not fun having a tie on your neck walking from the Nutter center to Commonwealth in 80 degree weather. Wear matching blue outfits, that’s discipline.

14. Cletus
    12:37 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

“… stay on their Suit n Tie shit”

Was that really necessary? I don’t care if it’s lyrics. I’m betting one person laughed… the writer