The Brow, Cal and MKG on Tennessee

Anthony Davis says that the team just keeps fighting, even when they’re down. He agrees they need to get tougher and says in crunch time today the team was instructed to get into the Vols bodies more and use their own physicality. One thing Davis says the team has learned from the Indiana loss is to switch on all ball-screens, and that helped seal the victory today.

Hear a little more from Calipari on toughness and playing up to the team’s true ability. When asked about what he thought when Kidd-Gilchrist slipped and looked injured, Michael quickly chimed in, saying “I was just getting my rest.” Calipari near the end of the video says the team is still trying to find an identity and the ability to negate playing into the other team’s hands. God help Kentucky’s opponents when they do.

videos via Courier-Journal

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

18 Comments for The Brow, Cal and MKG on Tennessee

1. BillY Brady
    7:09 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Can we start calling him Michael “Man” Kid-Gilchrist now.

2. D
    7:19 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Just wanted to get something off my chest. How in the world are UK fans (including KSR) still making fun of the Anthony Davis’ unibrow??? If Davis was cool with it, he would acknowledge it and joke about it (like the three goggles and the John Wall dance). But to constantly poke fun and make T-shirts and signs just baffles me. Why would any 18 year-old want to come play for a program who has a fan base that makes fun of their own players. When Davis was shooting free throws at the Auburn game the students were chanting “unibrow”, should that not clue us in that maybe we shouldn’t be joking about it?? The number one player in the country this year in HS has a Muslim name, why would he want to come to a place where the fans might make fun of his name??? I always thought that UK had a classy fan base, despite what our rivals said, but after this season, I can say that I am somewhat embarrassed of how we as a whole have acted.

3. bung
    7:25 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Joe B’s asst coach looked pretty good today…so did 90 points

4. Steady
    7:25 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Anthony Davis is a hell of a ballplayer…

5. saki7
    7:26 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Tweezers are fairly easy to come by these days. If it bothered him, I imagine he’d buy some.

6. Echo1
    7:27 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Every analyst on College Gameday said UNC is the best team in the country. Oops.

7. Hal
    7:29 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

2- you’re wrong. plain & simple. everyone gets things wrong from time to time, so ph well. harrellson embraced his nickname & davis has embraced this. get. over. yourself.

8. Ken in Middletown
    7:47 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Was I the only one who felt sorry for MKG sitting next to Cal during the press conference? The poor kid looked like he was being tortured, like he’d rather be anywhere else. That said, he’s a terrific player who can only benefit by situations like this-the best way to conquer your fears is to put yourself in situations like this, so you eventually overcome your anxioties. Michael, we love you-keep bringing it!!!!!

9. Han
    7:53 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

8) MKG and Terrence are awesome interviews to listen to. 1 word answers usually. Clearly uncomfortable having microphones and lights and cameras in their faces.

10. John
    7:55 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, I believe Anthony Davis is more of a man at 18 than some of “funny” haha people here…

He is comfortable with himself and I think the Funny people needs to get more material… It’s just hurtful

11. tdogg4033011
    8:01 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

It wont let me log in, am I the only one???

12. tdogg4033011
    8:02 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

nevermind, it logged in after I made a comment …. sorry for the double post

13. Thatsashame
    8:21 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

The brow stuff is a little mean spirited.

14. Chickenhead in every pot
    8:31 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Well now that it’s out there…. I don’t really care to make light of Davis’s condition either… But wherever.. He rocks!!!

15. saki7
    9:27 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

I don’t see anyone making fun of his eyebrows..he looks fine. It’s not a big nose or some other feature you’re stuck with. They’re just eyebrows. I’d imagine if he cared about it at all, he’d change them, or say something.

16. SmDreads
    9:59 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

So out of the 14 minute video they asked MKG ONE question and made him sit awkwardly the rest of the time?

17. Here we go now
    10:18 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

MKG lets his game do the talking. I dont care if he says one word!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a WINNER.

Best smile on the team though.

18. Shirley
    2:25 pm January 15, 2012 Permalink

Just so you know……..I don’t think Anthony Davis cares one way or the other if you like his unibrow or not. Ten years from now when your setting on your couch 100 lbs. overweight cramming potato chops down your throat, and slobbering over fried apple pies, The “Ant” will be making his millions and not giving a second thought to the idiot that came up with that stupid comment. Just sayin’