That was a bad question!

Can we make these end please? Is it really necessary to interview coaches during timeouts? Just drop the SkyCam down in the huddle or let Rob Bromley make it up.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

37 Comments for That was a bad question!

1. Ben Martin
    10:42 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

Sky Cam…. you must die.

2. SexnNursinHomes
    10:44 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

in-game interviews are the dumbest idea since the caveman used a square as a wheel. Coaches who are are losing early usually don’t have very good things to say. How about an in-game interview with the sky cam?

3. tdr76
    10:45 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

The answer was Brandon Knight!

4. Richard Stansbury
    10:46 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

I always enjoyed BCG’s in game interviews

5. knightynight
    10:47 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

3) yeah because if it wasn’t Brandon Knight, Cal would’ve said their name haha

6. Lolcats
    10:49 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

An IBM supercomputer goes on Jeopardy, wins $2 million in a night, assimilates one contestant to be its servant and melts the other one on sight (some of that may or may not have been made up), and ESPN is taken over by SkyCam.

This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone — machines are taking over.

… Either that, or there’s way too much hype being put into a supercomputer programmed by thousands of people, and some director for ESPN came up with a stupid idea (and is probably no longer a director of anything).

7. Bluegrasscat22
    10:49 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

I agree that in game interviews are the worst, but as far as they go that one was pretty good. At least it was entertaining and insightful. That said, I still say get rid of them.

8. BukakenNursinHomes
    10:50 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

2) Sky Cam is about as much fun as sand in the K Y

9. UK Wildcat
    10:51 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

Oh good, we also get to see Vargas freak out and hold completely still for 4 seconds when he receives the ball.

10. kentucky
    10:53 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

Three things that have to be eliminated during basketball games, in no particular order, skycam, in game interviews, and Jimmy Dykes.

11. Richard Stansbury
    10:53 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

I thought we were going to have to hoist some cables down from the sky-cam to get Renardo up after hitting the deck hard in the first half.

12. SexnNursinHomes
    10:54 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

8- you’re right, and I just found out through my tin foil hat that Skynet is the culprit behind those cams. Just bought some stock in them, heard they are in the midst of building this new artificial robot. hmmmm

13. Drunken_Jobless_BCG
    10:58 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

I said it’s a team game!!!!

14. old_school
    10:58 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

Another new-fangled idea that works much better in the boardroom where ideas are tossed about than in reality.

I actually thought the SkyCam would have been worn by Kenny Walker.

15. Gavin S.
    10:59 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

That was some funny stuff from Cal. Obviously it’s one of my guys, I just don’t know………mumble, mumble.

16. KSR Spy
    10:59 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

#10- Don’t hate so much on Dykes. He’s active throughout. Sure he repeats a LOT of stuff, but he is still WAY better than lots of others. Would you rather have Bob Knight telling you how he would do things and how teams need to chant “Good Game” instead of “Overrated”? NO!!

Jimmy Dykes gets my approval.

17. KSR Spy
    11:00 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

#14 – Artificial Robot??? As compared to what? And organic robot? …….

18. SexnNursinHomes
    11:03 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

17- yep, because the organic ones are going to be made in 200 years. Soon afterwards, you won’t know if your nailing a real woman or if you’re banging a sky cam robot dressed in women’s clothing. sounds promising… stay tuned..

19. BLADERUNNER!
    11:05 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

it’s happening …IT’S HAPPENING NOW !!!

20. KC_Cat_Fan
    11:06 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

#9- I could not agree more!!

21. Jughead
    11:08 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

I think SkyCam is really a NEXUS 10 created by the Tyrell Corporation.

22. old timer
    11:13 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

Skycam is terrible, and the interview is not a plus.

23. BukakenNursinHomes
    11:16 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

18) What about the face?

24. echo 1
    11:25 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

I agree Beez, but I would have paid good money to see an interview with Stansbury as the first half ended. I would bet the house that he would have dropped about 10 F Bombs.

25. only half-kidding
    11:49 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

It was a very Gillispie-ish halftime interview wasnt it?

26. SkyCamNewton
    11:52 am February 16, 2011 Permalink

The skycam wouldn’t have been quite as horrible if the camera didn’t rotate and make it feel like your eyes and stomach were too.

I was giving ESPN the benefit of the doubt and told the missus that perhaps they were having problems with one of their regular cameras.

27. keenlandexpansion
    12:21 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

I watched the setup for this interview go down during the timeout. She was supposed to interview Cal at the begining of the timeout, but do to the mass of people around the bench she didn’t make it to him before he sat down in the huddle. She looked very confused and danced around a bit looking like her date just found a hotter chick at the bar. Towards the end of the timeout she started to setup by the huddle with a camera and one of the blue coats sprinted out as fast as one of those blue hairs can and tried to stop them. In the end she began to sliter into our huddle for the last 15-30 secs of the timeout and was able to grab Cal for that interview.

These in game interviews have got to stop. It is possibly the silliest thing I have ever seen. Half-time is ok, but during the game the coach is supposed to be coaching.

28. Al's IndiCats
    12:23 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

I’ll say that the first time the F-BOMB gets droped during the in game interview, it will become obsolete.

29. Al's IndiCats
    12:25 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

26, that’s what I was saying earlier. If anyone has ever been in a “Vomit Comet” where a plane makes you weightless, that was the feeling I was getting with the sky cam.

30. manu1433
    12:32 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

Jimmy Dykes is actually growing on me lol…i think of him in the way that marshall and ted think of the guy who reads the newspaper on the news on How I me Your Mother

31. ksmith
    12:38 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

I disagree about the game interview, I think they are very funny an I laughed my a$$ off at how agitated Cal was and the insights that the interview gave right after what was probably a heated time out. I think Dykes was better last night as most of his sentences was conherent. No talk of the nail and violent cuts, etc. For the most part it was a decent play by play job.

32. ebell55
    12:48 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

18 Karen Sypher is an organic Robot! Super Charged mission done in 15 mins!!!

33. shiver
    1:12 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

Chris Lofton was sitting with Miller’s folks last night. Maybe they have interviewed him during the Timeouts.

34. SexnNursinHomes
    1:39 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

23- no face needed, just a hole

32- hahaha, pitino jokes never get old

35. Eloy The Intern (ETI)
    2:05 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

Shannon Spake sure is purty tho. How did she get stuck covering basketball? I like her better in a NASCAR racing suit.

36. MISSUKFAN42141
    3:37 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

Leave our Coach alone during the game!! We want all of his attention focused on yelling at our players!!!

37. GODSAZNO
    5:13 pm February 16, 2011 Permalink

Calipari can’t resist a camera. He’d film a commercial during a t.o.