Thaddeus Snodgrass on why he chose the Cats

492747

In case you missed it below, Thaddeus Snodgrass committed to the University of Kentucky on Kentucky Sports Radio. He’s the highest rated wide receiver to commit to UK since Rivals began ranking recruits. You can read all about the 2014 four-star wide receiver below, but here are Snodgrass’ comments on why he chose Kentucky over South Carolina, West Virginia and Louisville.

“The academics were great, the coaches were great, it’s a new up and coming program. I’m fired up and committed to win.

Snodgrass told Matt that Kentucky’s coaches were “like family,” and sold him hard on the program, which he says he wants to take to a different level. What was the key factor to him committing to UK? Neal Brown’s passing offense.

Snodgrass tweeted the following after he got off the radio with Matt:

Welcome to the fam, Thaddeus.

19 Comments for Thaddeus Snodgrass on why he chose the Cats

1. BOSOX
    11:36 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

Now, if the football Cats can get Drew Barker to committ!!!! The SEC east has another player to win that division in few years! Go Cats

2. Marquisha Traylor
    11:42 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

I’m soo proud of you little bro (my ACTUAL blood brother). I’m excited and crying tears of joy!, I kno my birthday isn’t until Monday but THIS ha got to be THE BEST birthday “gift” ever!!, I love you and I’ll talk to you in a few!

3. catcrawler
    11:44 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

Air Raid 🙂

4. UKBlue1!
    11:45 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

Great News! Go Cats.

5. BBN Ferterlizer
    12:02 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

Welcome to the BBN Fam Thaddeus “Blue” Snodgrass!!! See ya at the spring game.

6. Buddy Love
    12:03 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

Great to get another four star recruit!!

7. RICK
    12:24 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

Great news, welcome to the bbn. Every one wants to be a cat.

8. Wow!
    12:29 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

Welcome to the BBN Thaddeus! Glad to have you!

9. capnmonkey
    12:29 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

10. football school
    12:34 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

They keep coming because they know we’re the best fans in the country. If we can pack a stadium when we’re 7-5 or 8-4, imagine how hot tickets will be in a year or two! Music City Bowl this year, Sugar Bowl on the horizon! Go Big Blue!

11. NL
    12:46 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

Stoops there it is! Keep the studs coming!

12. Yes
    12:47 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

#10 gimme ur email. I will bet $1,000 on UK going to a bowl this year. Not gonna happen. Not a troll, I just can’t believe ludicrous predictions like that. Smh. Last year’s 2-10 team returns minus key offensive line. This is not bball where one good recruiting class can turn the tables, much less an improved but still #14 in the SEC class. Stoops should get Sec coach of the year if they go 4-8 next year.

13. Chicago Chris
    12:52 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

#31 is the HIGHEST ranked WR we’ve ever gotten since Rivals exist? Wow. I’m amazed we did as well as we did.

14. mocha
    12:54 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

12 – I’ll take that bet, x5.

15. BigBlue
    12:59 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

Stoops and Co. are doing a hell of job selling UK and its strenghts and opportunities! Just keep the momentum going!! Again, this coming season will be difficult. Hopefully we can show some improvement (doesn’t help that we have the hardest schedule in the country). But I believe years 2-4 of this new leadership should really show some good results!

16. Yes
    1:07 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

#14 then respectfully, you are going to be out 5 g’s, you are delusional, you know very little about FB, you have not been listening to Stoops himself trying to temper expectations, or u are going to be that jump off the bandwagon fan when it doesn’t happen. Or all of the above. We didn’t just lose last year, we were beaten by the likes of Vandy by 40-0. Ok, so we had a lousy coach. So maybe if Stoops is 10X the coach, we will only lose by 14 or so. We weren’t even close in most games and one SEC 14th ranked class is not going to equate to a bowl season. You are setting yourself up for a big letdown and worse, setting up the team and staff for it. Quit predicting bowl games in year one, accept its going to take a few years to even be competitive.

17. Stoops Troops
    1:21 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

12 & 16 take your negativity back to the shard chronicle.

18. Yes
    1:29 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

Lol, I love how anybody that doesn’t predict a bowl game for a new coach in the toughest conference with the nation’s #1 toughest schedule gets labeled a card’s troll. Stupid. I am a UK fan and supporter who is excited about the turnaround Stoops is attempting. It is patently unfair to him and the team to expect a miraculous 1 year turnaround. That is near impossible in FB

19. Kyblueblood
    8:29 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

Have faith bbn and stop the bull about bowl games. One step at a time. Getting Snodgrass is huge, congrats on the commit, bbn welcomes you.