Texts From Josh Hopkins

So the other night, Josh Hopkins wrote a diary entry to BBN describing his night at the ESPYs, in which he self-admittedly reeked out. What he didn’t share with you was the text messages he exchanged with some of BBN’s favorites regarding the gala event. Luckily, I was able to break into his phone and give you a glimpse behind the smartphone. Enjoy.

Ashley Judd

Drake

DeMarcus

John Wall

Doron

I’m kidding. Obviously. @KristenGeilKSR

Article written by Kristen Geil

34 Comments for Texts From Josh Hopkins

1. Anthony Davis
    10:57 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

(this user has blocked you)

2. NasalPassage
    10:57 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

Funny post, Kristen. Have to ask though, what did Josh reek of?

3. sc
    11:05 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

#2- mary jane if hes cool

4. Wilbur
    11:42 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

Very boring. Besides behind a Kentucky fan,nothing special about Ashley any more,

5. bluemanchew
    11:51 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

ashley needs to worry bout her own states senate race instead of meddling

6. jpizzle
    11:57 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

Well done Kristen

7. Jerns
    12:04 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Omg thats hilarious. The John Wall bit killed me

8. Just stop
    12:07 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Stop with the politics. I know she’s a friend but you need to learn now that it will not help you. I already decided to tune out of your radio show because of it. Just stop.

9. gr8 one
    12:18 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

there is no way i would ever like something that ashley judd ever does

10. What a name
    12:21 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

The word grimes just says all you need to know.

11. fairplay
    12:24 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Please,please tell me we aren’t in for a steady diet of Allison Grimes campaign ads on KSR. Oh please!

12. fan
    12:32 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

I agree w/ #8. I had to quit on the radio show as well but still check in here for news.
    Please don’t ruin it w/ your lib agenda.

13. Deacon
    1:06 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

#8-12. It wasn’t political. It was not the Matt / KSR liberal agenda. It wasn’t a plug for Grimes. It was a joke; a parody; a play on how foolish some commenters look on this site when something liberal / a democrat is mentioned as a joke and the commenter take it literally and start a political nerd fight in the comments. Take a step back and try to appreciate that it was a joke, just like the other 4 fake texts in the post.

14. bosshog
    2:14 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky is two, maybe three islands of western liberal democracy surrounded by Afghanistan-armed fundamentalist religious nationalism….except the issues are guns, gays , abortion and utter revulsion at the idea of liberal democracy. Conservatives are still masters of manipulating this kind of milieu so short of killing someone Mitch will never be gone untilhe dies or finds a better hustle.

15. Wildcatsteeler
    3:12 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

@13 Let them vent. That’s what hate-filled wingnuts do. Faux whips them into a frenzy everyday with BS and lies and they walk around foaming at the mouth and need someone to take it out on. Haven’t you heard? There’s a black guy in the White House! Goober, racist redneck nation can’t rest until the baby Jesus puts him back in his place.
    The funny part is they are soon in for 8 years of Hillary. It sucks being a rightwing redneck nowadays.

16. Wildcatsteeler
    3:20 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

@14 You forgot racism. They’ve convinced them that they are paying for all the blacks to live on welfare. Even though they live in a welfare red state. If all of these “fans” had actually went to UK they would have learned what tools they are.

17. blueisblood
    4:09 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Country is going down faster than the Titanic. Sad posts.

18. VinnyCent
    4:11 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

I just dont understand how some people can act the way they do about politics. Its kind of scary. Just because someone is different from you, doesn’t mean you need to hate them and their so called “Agenda” bologna. GET OVER IT AND ENJOY THE SPORTS!

19. Seven Eight Nine
    4:35 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Its funny how you call conservatives “hate-filled wingnuts” but then act the same way you accuse them of acting by calling all conservatives racist rednecks… that, sir, is hypocrisy at its finest.

20. Seven Eight Nine
    4:37 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

#15, 16 and you’re trolling UK as well… just get out

21. Smoov
    4:55 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

while i applaud this idea and think it’s funny….are we really supposed to believe that at exactly 11:26 in the morning he took screen shots of all the nights texts within that 1 minute window? its funny regardless but it’d be much more so if this was real

22. spookykim
    5:26 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Cute, Kristen!

23. POTUS
    5:35 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

You fools are too ignorant to know the University is liberal and the coach is a bleeding heart lib.

The days of good ol’ boys are over…you’re being out thought, out classed, out bred, out voted and out sourced.

But hey you still have nascar, turtle man, duck dynasty and your cister. Now go brush that tooth.

24. Oh Boy
    7:07 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

I think it is pretty clear that KSR (website and radio show) is going to be indirectly giving Alison Lundergan Grimes and Joe Palumbo free advertising for the next 18 months. It’s annoying and it probably will bring some voters that way, but it comes with the territory. Matt and Drew are very liberal. Stuff like this will continue to happen, whether they mean to or not. I can’t say I would be 100% neutral all the time if I had a platform like KSR to speak from. It is probably best to just ignore it. Besides, this site’s quality has gone down tenfold since Beisner left.

25. Oh Boy
    7:11 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

I do think it is funny that the “tolerant” liberals are tolerant only to the extent you agree with them absolutely.

“Individualism is thus an attitude of humility before the social process and of tolerance to other opinions and is the exact opposite of that intellectual hubris which is at the root of the demand for comprehensive direction of the social process.”
    – F.A. Hayek, The Road to Serfdom

26. You suck 14
    7:15 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

15) I hope the job market has been good for you! As for me I’m laid off drawn out all my unemployment and still can’t find a job. I’ve given my kids up because I can’t feed them any more, do you have any answers for me and my family? I’ve worked my whole life and always had good jobs now because of some of Obamas policies I’m homeless and unemployed! If you want to debate politics I’m willing. Just don’t kid yourself into think families aren’t hurting!

27. hahaha
    7:56 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

26 not an obama fan, but to blame your life failures on one president exposes how dumb you are…try educating yourself, might help with your struggles

28. One Voice
    8:18 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

The United States of America is the one & only nation in the history of the world that was purposefully & intentionally set up with a government that serves it people…not a people who serve their government. This is my definition of a Republic. And oh- by the way- we are a Republic people, not a democracy. How many reading this even KNOW that much I wonder? Our Constitution and Bill of Rights were intended to give the individual freedom and liberty while very intentionally limiting the scope and power of the Federal Government. And they even went as far as to set up a system of checks and balances within the very Federal Government itself as well as a means to protect those freedoms and liberties for us- the US citizens. And THIS folks is what we are fighting for…it’s what we fought for on the beaches of Normandy…millions have sacrificed their lives to protect and defend our individual freedom and liberty. Now half or more of the populace has been duped into seeking to retract it all? To take away our freedoms and liberties? To further grow and empower government? I fear that by the time most of these folks wake up and smell the coffee it is going to be far too late…once you hand it over folks, it is gone…and gone for good. I say this with all love and pureness of heart. Above all else, SEEK TRUTH. And seek it with passion and fervor…as if your very life depends upon it…because it does.

29. 27 sucks
    8:31 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

27) Grow up and open up your eyes Obama’s policies have destroyed the coal industry! He personally declined to allow the amount of coal to be exported which led directly to my company shutting down along with others! Over 4000 people are laid off in my area alone so at least know what your talking about! Don’t think I’m the only one in the same shape!

30. bosshog
    11:04 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

@27 Hooray!

31. bosshog
    11:06 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

You are all idiots, so funny to hear you talk about politics!

32. Ridiculous
    11:37 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Kind of funny how this entire section of commenting has devolved from a comical look at Josh’s geeking out over Kentucky celebrities to an over-the-top political debate between liberals and conservatives. This is beyond ridiculous. Save all the political chatter for political blog sites and just enjoy a fun, fresh take on the UK fan experience that Ms. Geil has offered up. This is a sports blog, remember folks?!

33. Gotta say it
    7:31 am July 21, 2013 Permalink

@23 POTUS-That was laugh out loud funny. I woke my wife up laughing.

34. Tampa Satchel
    7:41 am July 21, 2013 Permalink

26-Don’t blame Obama. This economy was doomed before he took office. Now I’m not a huge fan of his, but he hasn’t done much damage. What is your skill? Where do you live? I don’t know you personally, but I can speak in generalities about the KY workforce. In general, it lacks the technical skills and education levels to keep up with our changing economy.

So, your beef should be with the powers that have reduced spending on education and training. You could go back to school and get some new and more marketable skills or you could move to a new area. The most recent numbers released from The Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that there are 3.9 million jobs open across the US right now. Roughly 12 million American are sitting unemployed, so that tells me people need to move to find work.

It’s easy to feel victimized, but it is also emasculating. Good luck!