Tennessee is Not Good With Spacing

ndyiw

The above picture comes to us courtesy of Mark Ennis and showcases that once again Tennessee and its fans do not use spacing to their advantage. Go UT! and gout do have similar qualities and by placing them together on this hideous looking cake, we get another comedy gift from our friends in orange. You may remember Tennessee’s last attempt at a clever slogan blowing up in their face as well:

images3

The streak breaks, Pearl gets caught cheating and you are stuck with Derek Dooley. It is a tough time to wear Orange.

Article written by Matt Jones

14 Comments for Tennessee is Not Good With Spacing

1. Austin
    7:30 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

From Inside the Hall
    Looking at how we match up in each position with Kentucky, where do you think IU is most disadvantaged, and where may we actually have some key advantages?

Justin Albers: They’re the most disadvantaged in the matchup against Terrence Jones. There’s just no way around that. Jones is 6-9, he’s athletic enough to take the ball to the rim, and he can shoot from the outside. He’s really a combination of Christian Watford’s size and Victor Oladipo’s athleticism and quickness. I would think Watford would start on him, but I’m guessing Crean is going to rotate guys on Jones all afternoon. Sheehey might be Crean’s best option, given his 6-6 size and desire to draw the opponent’s best offensive threat.

As far as where IU’s advantages come, they don’t really exist on paper. Cody Zeller and Anthony Davis will likely cancel each other out inside. Oladipo is capable of defending Doron Lamb well, but will it take away from his offense? The one area the Hoosiers may be able to exploit is Jordan Hulls vs. Marquis Teague. Teague, an Indianapolis native, is one of the top freshmen in the game, but Hulls is far more experienced and polished as a junior. I think Hulls could have a big scoring day against Kentucky.

2. SexnNursinHomes
    7:39 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Has to be Macon Vol’s cake. He probably puts his ailments subliminally on everything he owns. Steam his bathroom window. It says Hairy Chestitis

3. Rupp's Runt
    7:39 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

If you guys remember, IU jumped all over Cal’s first UK team in Assembly Hall. It was loud (VERY LOUD) and IU got out to a quick lead. But our guys weathered the storm and beat the snot out of them in the 2nd half. Saturday will be no different regarding the atmosphere. It’s going to be crazy. The question is, will these super kittens be able to weather the storm? Time will tell.

UK: 84
    IU: 69

4. lol
    7:45 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

2.) Hahahahahahahaha, well played.

5. saki7
    7:51 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Wow…

6. big tim
    7:58 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

wow cards are only up 5 iupi who only won 2 games cant wait till the 31

7. Big beeker of Green liquid being packed around by an old man'
    8:25 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Gout is no laughing matter!

8. Edgar Allen Podagra
    8:43 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

My feet hurt from just looking at that cake wreck.

9. HillbillyInBC
    8:49 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Somebody at UT needs to bring Dan Rather in to conduct a seminar on the perils of kerning.

10. ShagOnSports
    9:06 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

I read GOUT before reading the aritcle. Gout and UT is basically the same thing.

11. Blueblood
    9:35 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

Passing through Knoxville the other day & stopped at a store. I was waiting for the restroom & I was just looking around & noticed some cards. Some of them were nice & one in particular was funny & probably true. I’ve been all over the country. Been to several different countries. But Knoxville is the only place I’ve ever seen a “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UNCLE DAD!” card. I looked around the store & noticed all the hillbillies with missing teeth & said to myself “MAKES SENSE TO ME!” Knoxville Tennessee must be the inbred capital!

12. nathan
    9:35 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

I have gout flare ups and I would rather not be able to walk than sit next to that ugly orange.

13. macon_volfan
    10:46 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

#2-you know me too well.

Also that isn’t a cake, it’s a bunch of cupcakes. Look closely.

#11–always fun when a UK fan (or a KY resident) pokes fun at TN for being hillbilly. In that regard, TN and KY are almost identical. I’ve driven through Eastern KY many times. Wowza. I’m sure most of the people are as good as they come. But still.

OH NAPIER.

14. macon_volfan
    7:33 am December 8, 2011 Permalink

I’m also not convinced that the ‘cake’ is one from the University of Tennessee….it could be TX. This is from a website, not a cell phone sent to Matt from Kroger in Knoxville.