I have used this blog on a couple of occasions to bash the artist formerly known as John Clay, but I have to give him his props today. I watched the game last night, enjoyed the win and talked about it into the wee hours with people. But Clay made a good point. Think about this. Last night…
(1) we played one of the two best teams in the SEC on their home court and won, with
(2) All of their old coaches there (and not looking the best by the way)
(3) A capacity crowd of mostly UT fans, not Kentucky fans
(4) The fans in an orange and white checkerboard (which was great)
(5) And any chance of an SEC title on the line for Tennessee
Even if we were a great team this year, this is the kind of game you lose…..yet Kentucky won…..hot on the heels of winning a similarly stoked game at LSU. These two games showcase that the story of this team may not be done quite yet.
And props has to go out to Rajon Rondo. We have bashed him on and off on this blog, but last night he was spectacular. With Tubby implementing the spread offense and Genius Coach Bruce Pearl doing NOTHING to change up the defense, Rondo simply knifed through the Tenn defenders as if they were not there, scoring at will. It was a great performance and shows you why he is still a lottery pick in the Draft this Spring no matter the quality of this season.
And finally, tell me that chest bump didnt make you holla…..