Ten Takeaways From Saturday In Bloomington

assembly

The KSR gang took a field trip to Bloomington, Indiana through corn, windmills, and Wal-Marts yesterday for Kentucky’s big game against Indiana.

This is what I brought back with me.

1.) Assembly Hall was rockin’.

I have been to big games at big time venues like the Dean Dome, Phog Allen Fieldhouse, Michigan State’s Breslin Center, and our own Rupp Arena, and I’ve never seen a crowd like the one in Assembly Hall yesterday. It was the first time I’ve been to a place where the crowd noise actually hurt my ears. That stretch in the first half when Indiana got out to a big lead was deafening. I hate to admit that but I have to give credit where credit is due. Hoosier Nation brought the noise and they deserve credit for Indiana’s win. Assembly Hall was the sixth, seventh, and eighth man for the Hoosiers.

2.) Indiana students love their signs.

Even though many of them were making fun of Kentucky, I couldn’t help but laugh at all of the signs in Assembly Hall. And they were EVERYWHERE.  “Just Tweeze It”, “Calipari Touched Me”, “UK Where It Pays To Play”, “Calipari Watches Glee”, and Frida as Anthony Davis are just a few of the ones I remember around me.

Oh, and the two Jerry Sandusky fatheads. That was different.

Other fatheads I saw: Jay-Z, Harry Potter, Zac Efron, Ellen Degeneres, Lee Corso, and Beavis and Butthead.

Rupp Arena needs more signs — and not the Papa John’s, Whitaker Bank, Kentucky Farm Bureau kind.

3.) Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is a basketball player.

He hustles. He rebounds. He scores. He defends. He hustles. He drives. He scores. He hustles. He never, ever, ever takes a play off. Ever.

Without Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Indiana wins this game by 20. The kid scored 18 points on 9-of-12 shooting, grabbed 9 rebounds, and kept his team in it when things were getting ugly.

I wish Terrence Jones had half the intensity and passion that Michael Kidd-Gilchrist plays with on every single play.

Which brings me to my next point…

4.) Terrence Jones.

He let us down out there. “He absolutely gave us zero today,” Calipari said in the postgame presser. Jones scored 4 points with 1 rebound, 1 assist, and 6 turnovers. That can’t happen for this team to succeed.

My problem with Terrence Jones isn’t the bad game, though. Bad games happen to every player. Sometimes shots aren’t falling and balls aren’t bouncing your way. It happens. My problem with Jones is the complete lack of effort on both ends. I watched him away from the ball on a lot of Kentucky’s possessions and it looked like he wasn’t even trying when Doron Lamb was fighting to get open and needed screens. If it’s not your day offensively, at least man up and put a body on someone so your teammate can get open and make a play. Terrence Jones just looked like he wanted it to be over with.

Inexcusable.

5.) I hated first half Marquis Teague. I loved second half Marquis Teague.

It was obvious that the crowd was getting to Teague early in the game when he missed three easy shots right around the rim. His play in the first half was PATHETIC and I was begging for Jarrod Polson to come in. I even said Coach Cal should make him sit on the bus during the second half. I’m glad he didn’t because the second half was a different story.

The Indiana native was taking it to the rim and scoring with ease in the second half. No one was getting in his way. He scored all 15 of his points in the final 15 minutes of the game, and his last six came when Kentucky desperately needed a basket, including the layup that put UK up by one with under a minute to go.

It says a lot about Teague’s tenacity that he could put his worst half of basketball behind him and be a totally different, unstoppable player after halftime. That adjustment could be key in his development and maturity this season.

6.) Eloy Vargas means more to this team than most people realize.

Eloy Vargas only played ten minutes but it was a valuable ten minutes. With Anthony Davis on the bench with foul trouble, Eloy came in and played great defense, boxed out on rebounds, and hustled for loose balls — just like Kentucky needs him to do.

With about two minutes to go in the first half, Indiana knocked down a three-pointer to take an 8-point lead — its largest of the game at that time — and the crowd was louder than any I’ve ever heard. Kentucky came down and missed a three-pointer but Eloy fought for an offensive rebound and put it back up to slow down the Hoosiers’ momentum. On Indiana’s next possession, Eloy got a big steal that led to two more points for Kentucky. The Cats went on to end the half on a 7-0 run, sparked by our boy Eloy.

7.) I hated that the buzzer-beater was over Darius.

He should’ve fouled, he didn’t. We can talk about that another time.

Verdell Jones made a good play to drive it in on Darius and then kicked it out to Watford, but Darius recovered and challenged the game-winning shot. Unfortunately, Watford got it over his extended arm and the ball hit nothing but net.

Miller fell to the floor on the play and Indiana’s team celebrated on top of him after the shot went in. That hurt to watch. Especially seeing it happen to Kentucky’s senior leader, a class act, who played great in the second half to lead Kentucky’s comeback.

Just use it as fuel.

8.) Be careful what you wish for.

Towards the very end of the game, I turned to Kent Spencer and said something that will haunt me for a long time. “I want Kentucky to win but it would be pretty cool to see the roof blow off this place if Indiana hits a buzzer-beater.”

I didn’t really mean it.

And it wasn’t cool. At all.

9.) The real loser in all of this? Chattanooga.

The 3-7 Mocs are Kentucky’s next opponent on Saturday. Those poor kids are in for a lonnngggg night in Rupp Arena.

10.) The loss isn’t a very big deal.

Yeah, Kentucky will lose the No. 1 ranking and any hope of a perfect season. It’s not the end of the world. If Kentucky is going to lose a game, I would much rather it be on the road against a non-conference opponent in early December than in a tournament game or a game against Florida, Tennessee, or Vanderbilt in the second half of the season.

Plus, Indiana is a legit basketball team and it was the toughest road game the Cats will face all season.

It’s not like Kentucky lost to some scrub team like Loyola-Marymount, Lamar, or Louisville.

Article written by Drew Franklin

70 Comments for Ten Takeaways From Saturday In Bloomington

1. Ernest Bass
    6:12 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Jones shows up when he plays lesser competition. He needs to show up against tough competition.

2. dopar
    6:12 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

#1 you mean like against north carolina right

3. Mike
    6:13 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Am wondering if T.J.’s “no show” will create any chemistry problems for the team. Am also wondering if he is running with the wrong crowd after hours.

4. MD
    6:19 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Per your last comment Drew, you would rather lose to IU than Fla, Vandy or Ut late in the season?? You are without a doubt young my friend…

5. bigbluedude
    6:19 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

im sure T.J. will have 30 and 13 against the mocs. he ALWAYS plays his best against the worst teams

6. bigbluedude
    6:20 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

2, he played a good first half against north carolins. DID NOT score a point in the second half, when we needed him most.

7. Real Cat Fan
    6:21 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Stop the bashing! He a bad game damn! He is only 20. I didn’t like what I saw either but I’m sure he will bounce back. I’m actually glad we lost this game as long as we learn from it. This team is young and you think you would be used to hearing that by now and understand what it entails. We are going to make mistakes, especially during our first road game against a good opponent with a good crowd. But, I’d rather we learn now than to learn later when a loss actually means something. Go Cats!!!

8. Jacob
    6:23 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Did it have to be a buzzer beater though ?

9. Can't wait
    6:23 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

“I want Kentucky to win but it would be pretty cool to see the roof blow off this place if Indiana hits a buzzer-beater.” What kind of UK fan says this? You’re fired Drew. Go write for someone else.

10. David from San Diego
    6:27 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Drew, good to see you bring attention to the 10 minutes per game we have to have from Eloy. The last few games he has played with more intensity than ever before and he is really helping us keep it level. Go CATS!

11. TRex
    6:28 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

i hope TJ does not have serious alcohol/drug problems. being great one game and a dud the next is what you see in NBA guys who have substance problems. Cal will get on this big time.

12. Lovely
    6:29 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

What if TJ was having some kind of personal problem, like something happened to someone in his family or girl trouble or something? Cal’s comments make it seem like he is hiding something, perhaps letting TJ’s business be TJ’s business. The entire nation doesn’t need to know about his private life. It would certainly explain those moments on the court where he looked absolutely depressed, like he wanted to cry.

13. gcat4496
    6:30 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

UK will probably lose a few more along the way. This team is way too young to expect a 40-0 record. If you remember, the John Wall team had a ton of nail biter games against teams that did not even make the tourney. Do you recall a last second shot against Miami, OT against Stanford, a loss at South Carolina & UT, last second plays against Miss. State. Also, the experienced players were bad road players last year and that trend seems to be continuing this year. Fortunately for us, most teams in the SEC suck, so hopefully we will go 4-4 to 6-2 on the road and win out at Rupp. That should wrap up a one or two seed.

14. TRex
    6:32 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

50% of college students go through a bout of serious depression.

15. Rich
    6:32 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

I watched the game again. Jones looked tired if anything. He played with some determination but couldn’t catch a break.
    3 of his turnovers were flukes. One where Oladipo was in the absolute perfect spot to strip him as he tried to corral a rebound that he grabbed by necessity with one hand. Another where Sheehey slapped his hand and the ball but no foul was called. Another where the ball got deflected after Davis blocked an IU shot and ended up getting knocked around by Davis and then Jones and then out of bounds.

He was double teamed almost each time he got the ball down low and usually passed out of it to someone who was open – one time Teague missed an absolute gimme of a layup.

Moreover, most possessions didn’t go thru him. It didn’t need to…we shot 56% for the game.

Also, he was out of position either on the wing or on the opposite side of the basket for most rebounds. He fought for a couple that Davis snatched from him.

Really he just had a bad game. He’ll bounce back and he will play well against good competition. Get off his back folks.

16. UKBlue
    6:33 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

I HAVE heard Rupp that loud. Was in the lower level for the famous LSU game at the beginning of the Pitino era. So loud you couldn’t hear the person standing right beside you……only see their lips moving.

17. Final Four
    6:34 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

7) He did not have a bad game, he was awful. You don’t drop the ball out of bounds two or three times, uncontested when you have a bad game. You just can’t make a shot, or get a shot. Rebounding does not depend on whether you have a bad game. It’s effort or focus, or concentration, but has nothing to do with a bad game. We have seen this a lot last year and this, he rips up the unimportant opponents and we say wow, then he stands around like a zombie against the good ones. You can’t win with 4 players. He has the physical attributes, but something is missing. Team concept, focus, heart or something and while some say don’t talk about it or people, coaches etc. dont want to talk about it. Its the elephant in the room and somebody needs to.

18. Stan
    6:37 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

If TJ has issues, as anyone can, sit him down. Get him help, do what needs to be done.I’m not saying he has any outside issues, Like most people, I have no idea. He is a young maand things happen. The one thing I can’t get by is the effort. I wayched the game two more times and watch him as much as possible, and he didn’t give any effort and acted like he wasn’t interested. We need him, hope whatever happened is over and we move on. If something like this with him happens again, that’s a big issue with me, he used his mulligan.

19. landon sloan
    6:45 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

TJ’s attitude was the most troubling problem. Yeah, he had an off night which happens to everyone from time to time, but his lack of effort and attitude sucked.

20. conscience
    6:48 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Yeah…signs are awesome, especially the ones making light of sexually abusing children. Hilarious.

21. BigCard
    6:48 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Nice to see you didn’t learn anything after bashing IU all last week then losing to them. Next loss = UofL.

22. Kycatfan
    6:50 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Drew how could you. First you write the post about the Tennessee game with UK winning with a interception on the final drive and it came true. You should have known about your super human abilities and just kept it to yourself. It wasn’t TJ’s fault. It’s all yours drew. All yours!!!

23. Lakesidecatsfan
    6:57 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Jones has this to say :

@TerrenceJones1Terrence Jones
    Let my haters have they night last night buts still a lot of games my bros know that’s all that matters I don’t forget nothing

I feel he is gonna be motivated by all the negative stuff that has came his way and become the all american that he can be. If he is truley having troubles in his personal life, this negativity towards him will add fuel to the fire. Its sink or swim like Michael Phelps time now Mr. Jones!

24. ???
    6:58 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

I said last yr one player i wouldnt mind going to the nba was jones due to him being way to much me first
    I see this hasnt changed
    Watch the game again he started ok but there was a bresk away mkg didnt pass to him and mkg slamed ut home right after that he got all bitchy n stopped tryin
    Watch it, it happened
    Me first jones

25. Zzbottom
    7:01 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

I bet tipton loved that game

26. Zzbottom
    7:03 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Um drew ul is top twenty good idea

27. Blue Haze
    7:09 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Terrance Jones…… keep your head up. Afterall, who else can make a program fell like the have finally had that break out game and are back on the scene like UK can. Coach Cal is the MAN.. GO CATS!

28. JBR
    7:12 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Darius Miller is the biggest waste of potential in the history of UK basketball. He has the physical ability to be an NBA lottery pick, and the mental toughness and heart to be on an NBA dance team. Not only is he not a team leader as a senior, but continuously shrinks away from big plays when needed. Yeah, some other guys had bad games, but Miller should be the one constant on this team with his experience and talent. Unfortunately, he just does not have the heart, toughness, or intelligence. He was the one that should have fouled on that last play…came right to his lap. STUPID

29. wsopchamp
    7:17 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

never in a lifetime of watching the cats would i be interested in seeing what the crowd would do if the opponent hit a game winner

30. Mr Schwump
    7:24 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

IU toughest road game? At Vandy, at UF cancelled?

31. Ddub
    7:24 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

28 …shut up your stupid, probably cant dribble a basketball

32. Drew Franklin
    7:26 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

30. — Without a doubt, yes. It was the first road game of the season and the other two won’t be able to match that crowd level.

33. Louisville
    7:27 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Lmao! I’m still laughing…..I love IU!

34. CAT8
    7:29 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Drew is an IU fan.

35. Louisville
    7:30 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Shows how much yaw cheat at rape arena. GO CARDS! Don’t care what u say as your words mean shit lol. Back to reality for the kittens

36. ukfan
    7:31 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

I’m going to college gameday at Vandy for my bachelor party, we got 8 tickets dead center in the endzone.. I hope it’s somewhat close to what the atmosphere at Indiana seemed like, would love to be wearing blue in that type of environment!

37. Damnit
    7:31 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

I blame Drew for yesterdays loss.

38. Jarvis Redwine
    7:37 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

35) Gonna be more fun than we had last year in the chicken shack.

39. BlueFins
    7:40 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Drew, if you could give me the lottery numbers for the Powerball on Wednesday that would be great. We’d better be working on the 3 pt. D during the x-mas break.

40. Inside Your Mind
    7:44 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

It’s the worst game i’ve seen from Jones yet. I think it had a lot to do with Watford. Watford owned Jones all night much like Henson owned him. I questioned during the UNC game why Cal put Jones on Henson. It was a terrible match-up for him as was Watford. Every time Davis was on Henson, Davis owned him. That was a better match-up. I think Cal needs to do a better job on match-ups. That’s two games in a row that he’s missed managed a match-up. That’s no excuse for Jones not showing up at all but Watford had a lot to do with Jones not being productive offensively or defensively.

Teague is young and i had a feeling he would play bad being in his home state but he showed up in the second half so you have to give him credit for that.

Miller has got to get better defensively. He got beat several times which cost us points and ultimately the game with that buzzer beater. He was just a step slow getting to Watford.

Not enough can be said about Kidd-Gilchrist. He’s our best player hands down. Yes, without him IU would have won by 20 but also had Davis not been in foul trouble and Jones had showed up then UK would have won by 20. IU isn’t very good and they will get exposed once conference play starts just as UL will.

41. Sheeeeeiiit
    7:46 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

UL trolls…be careful. You nearly got beat by Vandy, without thier best player. I saw Vandy’s scrubs taking it to you guys.
    I think everyone just needs to relax. We will lose some games and learn from them. Last year everyone was bitching like this after Ol Miss and AK. Fire Cal! Miller is a loser! Remember Miller didn’t take that three and he had to apologize to our idiot bitching fans. Most UK fans are the best to have. But a select few really suck. They are Fairweather jerks that bash the team and coaches when we lose. But brag and talk crap when we win. Just go pull for UL if that is the way you are.

42. kyhank
    7:48 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

T Jones did not have a bad game, he quit !!I know it he knows it and you know it, I do not know why, but i know he quit and when his team see’s the film they will know he Quit, that’s three halfs of nothing

43. JShepherd
    7:53 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Do not call them Hoosier nation. it was a bunch of rednex in one building. I hate the overuse of (team)nation. The reason we are BBN is because everywhere the CATS play we fill the building weather it be in NYC, Tampa Bay, the Alaska Shootout, Maui Invitational, New Orleans or Catlanta big blue is in the house. Therefore deserving the term BBN. So once again do not term a bunch of yelling people in a building “nation”

44. Bluegrass Johnny W
    7:54 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

41 Inside your mind…why don’t you get inside your own and learn to shut the f up! If IU is as bad as you say and they beat us then we are…….

You are a true f ing idiot of a fan that BBN could afford to lose. Go swallow a pipe bomb douche.

45. Bluegrass Johnny W
    7:56 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

And nice to hear KSR finally say IU is a legit team…funny it had to be a loss before they would shut up already. I knew it would be a bitch of a game to escape with a win. That is why I wasn’t running my mouth. Keep your head up Terrence Jones.

46. UKGoBigBlue
    8:03 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

These kids want to act like they’re the man, they want to believe their own hype, they want to believe whatever about themselves, then act accordingly ! If you wanna be the man, then you better be the man all the time, and not when ever you feel like not being the man.

These kids have had their butts kissed for the majority of their lives; if they can’t take the criticism, then shut up, stop whining, and go be the man. Go make free throws, go put in extra time in the gym, guard against 3 point shots, be where your supposed to be on the floor, and do your job !!!!

47. James
    8:23 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Here we go again talking KSR talking shit. I hate Louisville too but to call them scrubs is putting the cart before the horse. Did we not learn anything from Saturday? Apparently they were a bunch of scrubs too. I know it’s at home so that is a huge advantage but they will play tough. Stop talking shit and let the basketball And the players speak for us.

48. CWat4threeee
    8:26 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Assembly Hall was magical last night….I only hope the IU/UK series has a run of games like this in the near future. Next years game should be another good one as IU will return everyone of any importance other than Verdell Jones….add in the top 5 recruiting class and IU should be a talented group with many weapons. I’m sure UK will reload with talent again next year.

As an IU fan Living in southern Indiana UK is the biggest rival for me. I love the Purdue game but the UK game is where its at for me…hoping this is the rebirth of the great rivalry this once was!! Go IU!!

49. he says she
    8:53 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

49. Congrats to IU. They played tough and certainly deserved to win. I also thought Kentucky showed enough toughness to win in what was a difficult environment. But bottom line is that Indiana’s program needed this win much more than Kentucky. I really felt that this game could have gone one of two ways — a Kentucky blowout or Indiana in a close win. At the midpoint of the first half it appeared as if Kentucky could walk away with a easy win, but for whatever reasons, it wasn’t meant to be.

There are only a few college programs where the home court (for a bigtime game) is the great equalizer — Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas and maybe Duke. Last night was one of those games.

50. shotemdown
    9:03 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Or as bad as loosing to Austin Peat.

51. Gaffalicious
    9:05 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Jones let you down? How old are you? If you’re over 19 and not a teammate, friend or family member of Jones then you should never be in a position where he could let you down. He’s a college basketball player, not a teacher or politician. With the exception of 40 minutes during a game, your life should not be so invested in a player that he could ever let you down.

52. Gaffalicious
    9:14 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

#35, Louisville, I can understand your distaste for Kentucky, you’re a Louisville fan. What I don’t understand is saying you love IU. Shouldn’t you detest Louisville as well? Has UK’s dominance of Louisville been so prevalent that you cheer for a team that should be your rival? I know if Duke and Louisville played a game, I’d cheer for the roof to cave in (not really, but I sure as hell wouldn’t say I love one of the two).

53. Drew Franklin
    9:33 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

I never once said Indiana couldn’t hang with Kentucky.

I even said this game slightly worries me.

54. EkuBlue
    9:44 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

I have a question what was Teague doing during the last play of the game? He ran up late from behind to the side of Walford after Miller jumped at his shot after leaving the player who passed it to Walford??? If anybody can look at the replay let me know.

55. jwcatfan1
    9:47 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

The sign with Davis and Frida nearly made me pee my pants.
    Why in the world doesn’t some little sorority cutie take the tweezers to that brow????

56. Tim
    9:52 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

Did anyone notice last week vs. UNC we win last second 73-72 and Rupp is going crazy. This week we lose on a heartbreaker with the exact same score 73-72 at IU? Odd to me. This is going to be a special season. Still a long way to go.

57. rawromgmoo
    9:57 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

So now KSR considers IU to be a legitimate team?

58. The Nuge
    10:21 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

So Drew jinxed us … thanks, dick.

59. he says she
    10:39 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

58. Yeah, a legitimate team on their home floor with the refs in their pocket.

Calm down Indiana fan… just kidding.

60. catfan65
    11:09 pm December 11, 2011 Permalink

On the last play, Teague was guarding Verdell Jones as he brought the ball up the court. Cody Zeller set a screen behind Teague who tried to foul as Jones dribbled by and Teague backed into Zeller. Teague jogged back toward the ball and Miller had to leave Watford to stop the ball. Some have been hard on Teague for his supposed lack of hustle, but I don’t think that is fair having watched that play a dozen times. I don’t think there is anyway Teague gets back to affect Watford’s shot. Miller should’ve fouled Jones when he dribbled inside the arc, but he did a good job trying to get out on Watford.

Contra Drew, I think the last game at Florida will probably be UK’s toughest regular season, but the IU game wILL BE #2. I said before the game that UK had a better chance to beat UNC than did IU. Pomeroy’s predictor had the Cats beating UNC 80% of the time and IU only 69%.

61. bigblue92
    12:10 am December 12, 2011 Permalink

you said “it would be really cool if the roof blew off” why the hell would you say that? I dont doubt your loyalty, and I dont care about how badly IU wanted/needed it, Id give anything to have that shot back. What WOULDVE been cool is to see all of those raucous fans go completely quiet if Watford missed.

62. HoosierDaddy?
    1:06 am December 12, 2011 Permalink

Real funny that IU is a good team after they beat you but you clowns were ripping them for being far less talented on the radio show, and saying UK was going to “smack them down.” But after they beat you they’re legit?

63. ctcats
    2:36 am December 12, 2011 Permalink

I love how this is the “toughest road game all season” when all week leading up to the game it was laughable how analyst and IU FANS thought they had a chance

64. NOSIGNS
    8:37 am December 12, 2011 Permalink

Please, don’t encourage any signs at Rupp. The signs might be funny to the people in front but they are not so funny to the people trying to see the game behind them.

65. billy
    9:04 am December 12, 2011 Permalink

Did everyone really think that Kentucky would go undefeated this year? Me did. Close only counts in horse shoes thought. Atl least Calipri did tell them to foul instead of letting them shoot the three. I guess they didn’t know how to foul. Ha

66. ratface
    9:34 am December 12, 2011 Permalink

That’s ok T.J. we all have problems,
    just don’t show it on the court. Next time just wait till after the game to show your problems. Big Blue Nation is watching everything you do, don’t let us down! Stand up and be a man not a mouse..

67. kentuckygolfnut
    10:50 am December 12, 2011 Permalink

Again it comes down to making free throws, we make them at the end and it is no contest…seems the guys walk up and arent really into making them. Then of course the intensity from the tip off was unbelievable on Indianas side of the house team and fans…caught the comment that we only got 100 tickets and the fans were told to not be caught selling their tickets to UK fans, of course supposedly we only gave them 100 when they were in Rupp last year…tit for tat huh

68. GA_Hoosier
    12:40 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

First: I’m a Hoosier fan, but I have many friends who are UK fans.
    Second: What a great game. Both teams played with passion and competiveness, but unlike some other college games…they didn’t let their emotions spark a battle royal! Both IU and UK should be proud of the way they played this game.
    Third: I admired the play of Kidd-Gilchrist. Your analysis of his game play was spot on. He is just a BALL PLAYER. College basketball would benefit greatly if there were more kids like him!
    Fourth: I think this loss for UK will actually benefit them in the long run! They will learn from their mistakes and Coach Cal will make sure of that. I still believe they are a Final Four team and possibly still the favorite to win the National Championship.
    Finally: What a great win for the Hoosiers. Hoosier Nation needed this win!

69. kygolfnut
    9:48 am December 13, 2011 Permalink

Just wondering what the takeaway (fine) will be on IU rushing the floor after the game, probably nothing since it is IU