Ten Questions For Tuesday

A lot of things have been weighing on my mind lately, so I thought I’d put my brain to the keyboard and share them with my closest friends on this beautiful Tuesday afternoon. I rarely ponder the meaning of life or who will be our next President, but I do wonder about the future of UK basketball and what ever happened to those delicious kangaroo-shaped cookies. Walk with me…

(1) Are you ready for some football?

It’s almost time to start switching our focus to the gridiron. I love Kentucky football but I’m not ready to say goodbye to basketball just yet.

(2) Where did Matt Jones go on vacation?

I spent all of last week trying to get an answer to the “Where In The World Is Matt Jones?” question. He wouldn’t talk. That means he is somewhere really, really, really embarrassing.

We can eliminate the beach and anywhere with dogs, so that leaves the Middlesboro Cracker Barrel, Pigeon Forge, or a Cheetos-covered beanbag in the middle of his living room floor.

Can you think of anywhere else?

(3) Who will be on Kentucky’s non-conference basketball schedule next season?

Georgetown? Notre Dame? Baylor? Cincinnati? UCLA? Athletes In Action?

We will hopefully know very soon.

(4) What’s up with the scouting services and Derek Willis?

Willis is the 26th best player in the 2013 class, according Rivals.com. He’s No. 91 on Scout.com’s 2013 list.

Who do we trust?

(5) Why is it impossible to find Dunkaroos in grocery stores these days?

It is one of life’s greatest mysteries. The supply is gone while the demand never dwindled.

I did find a 14-pack for $62 on Amazon.com, though. Talk me out of it.

(6) Should Kentucky pursue Stevie Clark?

I say no. If he’s not going to contribute right away, I don’t see any reason to burn a scholarship that could be used in 2013’s monster recruiting class, especially when UK can still add Harrell.

We appreciate Clark’s interest in the Cats but Kentucky isn’t for everyone. Good luck, kid.

(7) Will Kentucky get Montrezl Harrell?

Sadly, those birds up the road are the early favorite. Harrell will visit Da Ville on May 31st, where he’ll be reunited with his former high school coach, Kevin Keats.

This could be the first time Rick actually beats Calipari in a recruiting battle.

(8) How many scholarships does Louisville basketball have?

Louisville has 38 guys on the roster for next season and still has scholarship offers out there for Harrell, Dorian Finney-Smith, and Stevie Clark. I’m no mathematician, but something here just isn’t adding up.

Then again, we all know Rick doesn’t keep kids around when he doesn’t want to.

(9) Can I live in Wildcat Coal Lodge?

It didn’t hurt to ask.

(10) Remember watching Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist?

Man, those were the days.

I really miss those guys.

Article written by Drew Franklin

47 Comments for Ten Questions For Tuesday

1. Fat Ryan Lemond
    12:33 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

1. i’m ready for some football
    2. are we sure we can’t get MKG and Davis to come back?
    3. i’m hungry

2. Joker can Dougie
    12:45 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

they sell dunkaroos at dollar general, but only in vanilla

3. Cats baby
    12:47 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Can we actually get something good posted on here. The articles are getting more worthless day by day.

4. blueaville
    12:48 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

just curious…why do we care how many scholarships louisville has?? who gives a crap! you sound obsessed with them.

i am ready for football…however ready for the march to #9 too

5. me
    12:56 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

KSR should just shut the website down for a few months because there is obviously not enough material to fill a day…

6. Kentucky Gentleman
    12:57 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I REALLY don’t care where Matt went on vacation.

7. CATS
    1:00 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I found dunkaroos at Dollar General also, but they were Chocolate.

8. jpgott2
    1:00 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I still do not see UL getting Harrell with their scholarship situation, even with his coach on staff. It just doesn’t make since, especially with the little playing time he will get there. I just love that UL is going after 3 more players with no-scholarships left. Cal puts kids in the NBA to make millions, and he is vilified for it, while Pitino is sending players packing because he does not have the room for his “L1C4”, experienced players that HE BROUGHT IN! Basically, Pitino will send you packing when he is done with you, even though you might not be done. Tooooo funny!

9. Southern Illinois Cat Fan
    1:00 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

#3,5,6 No doubt. This site is slacking. I’ve been telling fans about this site who didn’t already know about it and now it’s becoming embarrassing to turn people on to. Shut ‘er down for summer and regroup guys!

10. bluebiscuit
    1:01 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I think Matt went in search of that Miss America since she didn’t know anything about UK winning #8. He’s goin’ to teach her ’bout Kentucky.

11. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    1:03 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Kangaroo-shaped cookies = Dunkaroos! I loved those things too.

12. jpgott2
    1:04 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

4. he cares about the scholarship situation at UL, as I do, because we need Harrell to play a lot of minutes behind Wiltjer, and as a legit 7th man! Something of which we need to make a push for for what you call the ‘march to #9’.

13. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    1:05 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

11 – DOH. Hadn’t read the article yet

14. Louisville Sports Radio
    1:05 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Juts want to thank Matt Jones for selling us the KSR website. Half of the content has been about UofL for years now, we are going to change that to 100%. In a matter of minutes, the KSR site will re-direct you to the Louisville Sports Radio website.

Welcome aboard KSR’ers…

15. warrior
    1:09 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Bats Cats have completed 2-0 victory over the Ole Miss Mens varsity baseball team. YIPPEEE

16. jpgott2
    1:10 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

14. Says a UL fan who is probably a fan of sites like Cardchronicle, which does not make 1 story about a loss or anything in a remotely negative light. L1C4/TWILL/C5… oh I am done.

17. yep
    1:12 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

#8…see also: Karen Sypher

18. Blue Virus
    1:15 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Matt Vacation plans…..Renfro Valley Country Music Hall of Fame

19. Dale
    1:28 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I’m pretty sure Matt was traveling the Rick Pitino Trail that leads from the Cleveland Clinic to Porcini’s to a clinic in Cincy…

20. Real UK Fan
    1:35 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Drew, you ask if we are ready for some football. Personally, I couldn’t care less if they ever play football which works well since UK doesn’t care about football either because if they did they would hire a real coach and make some effort to actually win in the SEC.

21. LSR
    1:35 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Jpgott2 – no uofl fan here. Probably a bigger UK fan than you. Just pointing out how ridiculous it is around here that so much of the “content” is uofl related. The only thing lately to rival uofl is the white house visit. We know matt has a hard on for obama but does he secretly have a hard on for uofl or pitino?

22. Drew's Betrayal
    1:38 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I have been coming on this site at least 5 or 6 times a day now for years, I’ve always listened to the radio show and enjoyed all that KSR and KSTV have to offer, and then I made the mistake of listening to Monday’s podcast and I hear Drew Franklin start talking about how he can’t help but like Tyler Hansborough. Are you freakin kidding me, he and his brother are the biggest punks that ever walked the earth. I seriously can’t watch any game that douchebag is playing in, he’s so unathletic for a pro athlete, he’s like the kid on the playground that has to turn the game into a wrestling match because its the only way he can compete. Anyway, I’m so angry I can’t even think straight, I don’t come on here to hear you guys sing the praises of UNC and Duke players, especially the one I hate the most. Next thing you know, Beisner’s gonna be talking about what a great guy Christian Laettner is. You guys are unbelievable sometimes. Please God get Matt home from vacation ASAP before you idiots destroy everything the man has worked so hard for. I honestly don’t know when I’ll be back on the site.

23. Uk2K
    1:40 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Dunkaroos are easily found at dollar stores. Just trying to save ya some money 😛

24. Another Perspective
    1:44 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I think Montrezl goes to Louisville because Cal doesn’t really want him. See bullet point #6 for supporting documentation.

25. Sypher's Décolletage
    1:45 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Scout is the only service that’s recently updated their 2013 rankings. This article is stupid.

26. BBN
    1:46 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Answers:

– The football record will be either 4-8 or 3-9. Joker gets canned.

– Matt Jones is in Hawaii.

– Trust Scout.com because Derek Willis stinks.

– The “marquee” home game will be Kansas or UCLA. Hopefully not Baylor as that does not ring marquee.

– Harrell will sign with Louisville. If the roster is complete, get ready for our guys to lose 5-7 games this season.

27. huh?
    1:46 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Like him or not, I feel this site has been in steady decline sice BTI left.

28. BBN
    1:50 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

You know your team is in trouble when you have Kyle Wiltjer starting or playing significant minutes. I am sorry, he is too slow and is a defensive liability. That more than negates his offensive contribution.

29. AtLeast
    1:50 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

22.) Affirmed.

30. thegoosewasgolden
    1:56 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Doron Lamb was a quite kid, but I’m going to miss him throwing up the three gogles. And I’ll miss the REAL T-Jones. Its almost June, so I guess it’s time to move on.

31. jpgott2
    2:00 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

26. I might go with the 6 to 9 loss possibility, since we will only have 1 PF in Wiltjer (who struggles with defense. We will go smaller with Poythress swinging over, and go larger with Cauley thrown in, but we will not have that 1 guy that we have been chasing, who is a ‘built PF’ that can battle other thick post presences, like Harrelson in Cals 2nd year, or Jones in his sophomore year.

32. Jax Teller
    2:09 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

BONUS QUESTION: #11 — When did Drew first #betray BBN?

Was it:
    a) When he talked about Tyler Hansborough
    b) When he gave up Taco Bell (blasphemy!)
    c) When he tipped off the CJ that Matt Jones gives t-shirts for information
    or d) When “#8 succeeds”

33. Matt
    2:14 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Regarding the scholarships. UL may very well have room to offer scholarship. Just because they are offered a scholarship does not by any means guarantee them a full ride. I’m not sure on the exact numbers, but I believe Men’s Bball receives roughly 11 scholarships a year, so a team can have 11 guys on full rides or 22 guys on 50% scholarship.

34. Jax Teller
    2:25 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I’m very GAYYYYY

35. jpgott2
    2:38 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

33. Not to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as a 50% scholarship for athletics. An athletic scholarship is a 1 year contract, to cover the expenses of school for that individual year. Oh, and the # of scholarships a team can give out a year is 13.

36. That sad guy from Louisville
    2:39 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Go to any dollar general store in louisville and there like $2 I buy them all the time lol ..

37. That sad guy from Louisville
    2:43 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

* Go to any dollar general store in louisville and they have dunkaroos going for like $2 I buy them all the time

38. Indiana Tom
    2:45 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I am like a bunch of others, could care less where Matt went.

39. Duke sucks
    2:46 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

don’t understand why people get so tore up over this site. If you don’t like what’s on here this time of year don’t get on it. This is a free site so you really have no gripe.I don’t like Tomlin or Franklin so I don’t read anything they post problem solved.

40. Big D
    3:15 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Whats with all the haters. If you don’t like it go find something else.
    1) Not yet, but we can have a good season just like the baseball team High hopes
    2) He is in Vegas, but you are probably right
    3) Hell, lets play em all.
    9) It looks Excellent, if only for football too.
    10) I miss those guys too!

Drew you always do good work. Thanks

41. Catfan
    3:27 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

You can find Dunkaroos at the Family Dollar (Yellow sign) store. Enjoy.

42. Wrong Info
    3:35 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Yes, Kevin Keats was named Assistant Coach on April 28th…but it was April 28th of 2011, so I’m not sure what you are trying to imply there.

43. Richard Paul
    4:07 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Louisville couldn’t win with 40 players last year because they sick

44. bluesman
    4:42 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

come on people read before you post u/l doesnt have 38 players on thier team scholarships limit 13 at any time not per year any other players are walk ons

45. Jason
    4:58 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

(7)Pitino beat Calipari for Chane Behanan. Cal said before the Final Four that he wanted him in the worst way.

46. bluesman
    6:01 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

#28 remindes me when the coaching staff went on a recruiting back in the mid 70’s came back said player was to slow and wasnt a very def.player that player? Larry Bird dont be giving up on Wiltjer just yet.

47. bigbluefan
    6:43 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Found the Funfetti Dunkaroos at the Walmart grocery a couple months back. YES!!!!