Technology at work: Cats land football commitment

zach-myers

It worked! The latest technology has brought in a commitment! Offensive lineman Zach Myers, who hails from Miamisburg, Ohio – the home of “The Mound” – pledged his services to Kentucky today, according to Scout.com. Myers, the son of a former Cat is ranked as a two-star prospect by the site and also had offers from Ohio and Toledo, but had been receiving interest from Michigan, Pitt, Cincinnati and Northwestern. He’s 6’4″, 270 pounds and seems to carry the internet moniker of “Nasty”. So, from here forward, that is what we will call him. Nasty.

Now lift, Nasty!

Article written by Thomas Beisner

30 Comments for Technology at work: Cats land football commitment

1. tc11
    5:06 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

ohio and toledo? yay joker!!

2. phraKture
    5:10 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

sigh

3. Batman the dark knight
    5:13 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

toledo is the business, ever since the dark knight started patrolling.

4. GOCATS
    5:19 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

You all prolly have seen his but this guy always does a good job on UK vids. For 2011-2012 bball get u pumped http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVwfqEMcCRU&feature=related

Although I am excited about some UK football too!

5. PikevilleBlueCat
    5:24 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

He’s the son of former UK player Brad Myers, I believe he was in the class of ’84. Very solid player with a non-stop motor as I recall him, and I don’t know how you can complain about getting a 6’4″ 270lb kid that Michigan was at least interested in too. He has half the motor his dad did, with his size, he’s a good pickup. Looking forward to someone digging up video on this kid.

6. Jimmys Swag
    5:24 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

Toledo and Ohio…. I could’ve guessed that. See ya later, Joke.

7. dustin
    5:24 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

I replied to Matt Jones tweet about the commit and gave all credit to the new uniforms, of course it was a joke but i did the same thing this article is about

8. SexnNursinHomes
    5:41 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

Cordero said we needed O-line. Perfect timing.

9. bigdeal...
    5:48 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

this kid better get used to the bench…

10. FormerMountain
    5:54 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

Do you realize this town is nicknamed Miamitucky and is full of former Kentuckians! Breathitt County and Wolfe County well represented!

11. deanadams
    5:58 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

that bench was 285 not 370

12. Le Sigh
    6:04 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

He needs to change the border in his bedroom pronto!

13. TatesCreek8
    6:45 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

On ESPN everyday players sign with a major D1 school then it list names of other schools who offer and they are the likes of (UF, OSU, FSU, UCLA, Texas) then it list a kid who signs with UK and then it list his other offers such as (SC State, Marshall, SW Missouri St, MTSU, Miami of Oh, Toledo) we are a joke when it comes to football.

14. Charlie Strong
    8:20 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

2-star??? OMG!!!! JOKE-R???? WHAT ARE YOU DOING????? You’re mine for the foreseeable future my brotha!!! OHIO AND TOLEEEEEDOOOOO????

15. OMG!!!!
    8:23 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

What???? JOKE-R???? YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS!!!! THIS HAS GOT TO BE A LATE APRIL FOOLS JOKE-R???? RIGHT? I JUST READ WHERE CHARLIE STRONG SIGNED A 4-STAR KICKER WHO HAD OFFERS FROM TEXAS AND ALABAMA! OMG!!!!

16. Jimmy Buffett
    8:30 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

Ohio and Toledo. No wonder we can’t win an SEC game that matters.

17. Funny
    8:59 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

Ky will never spend any money on football or a proven HC so we are stuck beating out the likes of Ohio and Toledo for kids.. Until we pay some serious money for a good HC, or proven DC or OC we are stuck with bad 2-6 win SEC football.. On another note if fans keep feeling the stadium and making it a top 25 attendance we can not expect the university to take football serious. Why would UK put serious money out to get a coach when the fans show up for a 6-6 football team every year that has a terrible OOC.

18. PikevilleBlueCat
    9:12 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

#11: Look again. I will type slow so you can follow. The big plates are 45lbs. 3 on each side for 270lbs. The bar is 35 lbs. That equals 305lbs. Then you have the next sized plate, one on each side, probably 25lbs each for 50 more pounds. That is 355. Then one smaller plate on each side, probably 5lbs each, that is 365. Then the clamps on each end that total 5lbs between two of them, that is 370lbs.

#15: We signed a 4 star kicker too last year. Name is Mansour. Remember him? HE had offers everywhere too, from all the big name schools. Hey, how is that DUI court working out for the UL player? Is ol’ Charleee gonna boot him or keep him? 2 DUI’s in 4 months? ol’ Charleee brought a tradition from UF with him alright, criminal court appearances by players. UL aspires to be like UT, I heard they were gonna consult Joe Arapahio and see if they can get red prison jumpsuits for their players. 🙂

19. winchesterheights
    10:06 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

2 star? this is a “Joke” wake me up for basketball season

20. ksr fan
    10:49 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

What was the song they had playing in there? At the end it sounded like they mentioned something about a cat.

21. Justin G.
    10:56 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

22. Justin G.
    10:58 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

I guess we will always get the same players! I mean, Vanderbilt for crap sakes has three 4-star commitments already, and they get ran in the ground by everyone, every year, and even us. I wonder what fantastic stuff will come in next.
    Its just frustrating to see the same old, same old. A commitment is not good. Us getting players means nothing, if they are not going to improve on our usual 6-7, or 7-6 years.

23. Blaineman
    12:01 am July 1, 2011 Permalink

From personal experience and knowledge, that only looks like 285lbs. Only looks like 2 45Lb weights on each end with a 25 & 5 on each end as well.

24. B-Lord
    8:38 am July 1, 2011 Permalink

#11 – Those large plates to the outside are 100 lb plates. They should have went on first, before the 45s, but either way…

25. UKfanNKY
    9:07 am July 1, 2011 Permalink

Man, what a bunch of frickin whinners!!!! Welcome aboard Zack glad to have you as a CAT!!! By the way, the “stars” don’t mean shit!!! All you haters, never made it past pee-wee football and don’t know the game cause you decided to proceed with your ballet classes. So once you have figured the game of football out hang up your ballet shoes and come SUPPORT THE BIG BLUE and stop hating!!! GO CATS!!!!!!!

26. hoss_cat
    10:13 am July 1, 2011 Permalink

PATHETIC! He’s barely bench pressing his body weight. he’s weak..bad

27. BruceBruce
    1:47 pm July 1, 2011 Permalink

I think the title is wrong. It looks like 390 to me. 45 for bar, 2-45 plates, 2-100 plates, 2-25 plates and 2-2.5 plates.

28. BruceBruce
    1:52 pm July 1, 2011 Permalink

#11wrong. #23 you don’t have much gym experience. . #18 the bar weighs 45 not 35.

29. BruceBruce
    1:57 pm July 1, 2011 Permalink

Or if that’s a 90 pound plate that’s 370. Definitely a 2.5 on the ends.

30. Mandie Mccrate
    1:44 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

I did countless hours of research for attorneys to represent me and my case for my DUI. It was 5x harder then I expected but I finally found the right guys and they helped me wipe my record clean, I owe everything to them. They practically saved my childrens college fund!! http://goo.gl/E278I