Team USA takes on the Brits at 2 p.m. ET

Need something to do after lunch? Team USA takes on Great Britain in their first match across the pond at 7:10 p.m. London time, or 2:10 p.m. Eastern Time. The game will be shown on ESPN2 and ESPN3.

After a stellar debut in Team USA’s first exhibition against the Dominican Republic, Anthony Davis didn’t get to play against Brazil, despite a chorus of “We Want Davis!” chants. The Brits are ranked 43rd in the world, so I’d say Davis’ chances at playing today are pretty good. The road gets much tougher from here: Team USA faces Argentina and Spain, on July 22nd and 24th, respectively.

Raise your glass of Pimms to seeing more of this today:

6 Comments for Team USA takes on the Brits at 2 p.m. ET

1. Talley Ho
    11:39 am July 19, 2012 Permalink

I wish Anthony would have stayed at Kentucky this year.

2. JMFATZ47
    12:01 pm July 19, 2012 Permalink

I wish I was a multi-millionaire.

3. dr catfish
    12:04 pm July 19, 2012 Permalink

I wish I was fishing.

4. louisvillelaw22
    12:22 pm July 19, 2012 Permalink

This will be an interesting game to watch. Great Britain’s guard play is kind of suspect, but they have some really solid players aside from Luol Deng. Joel Freeland just signed a 3 year deal with the Trailblazers. Solid 6’10 post man with good offensive skills and range. Pops Mensah-Bonsu (George Washington) and Eric Boateng (former McDonald’s All-American) are good defenders and rebounders. My bet is Britain keeps it close for a while, but overall our guards just wear them out. Oh yeah, and look for everyone to pick on Freeland. Someone’s going to give him a preemptive “welcome to the NBA” moment.

5. Beavis
    1:15 pm July 19, 2012 Permalink

Wonder if our dear president will show up there ?? If he does he needs to have a serious talk with David Cameron while he is there.

6. Muzz
    4:57 pm July 19, 2012 Permalink

That video makes me miss college basketball like no other.