Tayshaun Prince traded to the Grizzlies

For the first time in his 11-year NBA career, Tayshaun Prince will play for a team other than the Pistons. As part of a three-way trade, Prince is going to Memphis to play for the Grizzlies.

Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay and reserve center Hamed Haddadi are headed to Toronto; Toronto Raptors forward Ed Davis and Pistons forward Austin Daye will join Prince in Memphis and Raptors veteran Jose Calderon will head to Detroit.

Phew. Enjoy the ribs at Rendezvous, Tayshaun.

23 Comments for Tayshaun Prince traded to the Grizzlies

1. brain
    6:48 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Good trade for Tay if he wants to be with a contender.

2. yep
    6:50 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Detroit, Memphis….next stop Beirut? Roll ’em up Tayshaun….

3. JF
    6:50 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

It’ll be nice to see Tayshaun in the playoffs again. Memphis got the best deal.

4. Section 133
    7:06 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

A little too much Crown Royal there linebeard? I thought Porcini’s stopped over serving patrons after their :15 of fame?

5. BNClay
    7:09 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Will be nice to see him playing for a contender again. Those Pistons teams that made the finals were awesome.

6. Wall2Cousins
    7:18 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

didn’t Prince have veto rights being with the Pistons for so long?

7. BNClay
    7:28 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Why would he want to veto?

8. Wall2Cousins
    7:30 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

did i say he wanted to veto? I just wanted to know if he waived the right as if he actually wants to go their or did he not have a choice? Hell he has been with Detroit for 11 years.

9. Basketballjones
    7:32 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Im sure Jimmy Thompson is finally outa jail for taking his rap years ago….maybe they can get the band back together and go “old school” Get the dead presidents from the car dealer….. set up the accounts at the Bank in Eminence….Hell get Mark Blount to mak a cameo. It”ll be just like old times!!!!!!!

10. Buckets
    7:40 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Soooooo glad he didn’t go to Toronto. Uggggh

11. basketballjones
    7:42 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Posters note…….my initial post was responding to #4 Calsmassive milkmakers

12. MJ4UK
    8:09 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Not a bad deal for Prince…thank The Lord that he did not go to theRaptors

13. Cokely
    8:35 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Great for Prince but sucks for me. Just bought tickets to go see him up in Detroit yesterday for this Sunday.

14. mudcreekmark
    8:36 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Why would Detroit need another point guard? They have Brandon Knight, Rodney Stuckey, and Will Bynum.

15. ButtHurtt
    8:37 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

#3 Hey troll, the only one going down for recuiting violations is your boy Hurtt. And if I were you, I would hope and pray that he’s the only one who takes a fall for your miserable little program. Cause you’ve got more than one questionable player from Miami on your squad. Seems as though ubel benefitted mightily from Shapero, and the momentary respite from the NCAA will not last long. For whom the bell tolls. . .

16. damnit
    8:41 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

the reason i became a huge pistons fan, damnit this sucks, that 04 detroit team is one for the ages

17. 17 hammer on the head
    8:44 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Really followed the Pistons, just because of Tayshaun.

18. MRob
    8:50 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Hell Ya!!! Tayshaun is my favorite player and the grizz are my team

19. John Ellis
    11:21 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Tayshawn made the greatest defensive play in the history of the NBA playoffs, leading to the Finals and a title. Now he’ll be closer to Rupp and can enjoy some love more often. What a stellar player, student and representative of his coach and UK he is. I know Riley has coveted him for years, don’t be surprised if he ends up in Miami some day.

20. I'm pumped
    12:53 am January 31, 2013 Permalink

I’m excited. Been a fan of the Grizzlies for a long time and now they have one of my favorite UK players on the team. 🙂

21. knightynight
    8:11 am January 31, 2013 Permalink

He has played in the shittiest cities in America. Poor guy.

22. sunnycat
    10:03 am January 31, 2013 Permalink

Mrs Tyler Thompson and all of BBN next time you are in Memphis I strongly suggest The Pig On Beal. Rendezvous is good but expensive for the portion you get.

23. bluristhurr
    10:42 am January 31, 2013 Permalink

#6 If a veto is the no trade clause only players to have it I know of is Dirk and Kobe. But I’m guessing the way veto sounds its his option. Sounds like a cheap way for a no trade clause.