Taylor Swift gets her very own UK Hoops jersey

taylorswift-ukhoops
Director of Rupp Arena Management Carl Hall, Matthew Mitchell, Swift, Jenna Mitchell, and Senior Event Manager Cathy Derr

In case you’re over the age of 25 and don’t have a teenage daughter, Taylor Swift performed in Rupp Arena this weekend. Matthew Mitchell and his wife got to meet Swift backstage and presented the country/pop star with her very own UK Hoops jersey.

I expect a breakup song about the Cats in about six months.

39 Comments for Taylor Swift gets her very own UK Hoops jersey

1. Micki DeMoss's Mustache
    12:05 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

They should’ve given her a hockey jersey a la Ashley Judd.

2. Adam
    12:11 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Should have been #22.

3. Fat Cat
    12:17 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I would

4. Rod
    12:18 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Shirt tucked into jeans. Someone tell Coach Mitchell he needs to be listening to KSR.

5. who
    12:22 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

i wish taylor swift was as cool as UK

6. M
    12:25 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

1, 5, 3, 2, 4

7. Champ
    12:29 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

In the words of Matt jones: “god, she is the worst”

8. Tswift sucks
    12:39 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Where is Kanye when you need him?!!

9. AMIRITE
    12:42 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

AWW HELL NAW MAN FIRST OBAMA NOW THIS JUST GIVE A JERSEY TO HITLERS CORPSE WHILE WE’RE AT IT GAWD

10. Kanye West
    12:44 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Beyonce had the best Rupp Arena concert of all time!……. Of all time!!!

11. tltaworl
    12:44 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Why do people hate taylor swift?

12. Lance
    12:52 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Sucks that the sign says “the Red Tour” and all writing is loserville colors. And no, I have not gotten over the dirty birds winning the title yet.

13. Jr
    12:53 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Yeah the title of the break up song will be Ryan Harrow

14. Why not
    12:55 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

#11. Her songs suck, they are always about the same thing, her voice is annoying, she goes through a new breakup every week and we have to hear about it, she’s really not that cute, she has a wierd completion….. Need me to go on?

15. In My Opinion
    12:55 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

#11-Many people like Taylor Swift obviously. Can’t speak for all those who don’t of course. I think she is a clever songwriter. My problem with her is that her voice is not all that (especially live) and she feels the need to have all of her many romances exposed in every form of media, to the point of public exhaustion. Her public has become exhausted is what I’m trying to say.

16. DH
    12:56 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

6) You have HORRIBLE taste. 1 should be 3rd at best…

17. DH
    12:59 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

14) I agree with everything you said except for her completion. Her completion is fine, IMO, but her skin tone is a little off.

18. SexnNursinHomes
    1:02 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

LEAVE TAYLOR ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk- My biggest wish for her would be to get drilled by 30 stiffies in one night. Get knocked up and then do a 30 person DNA test. Maury just creamed his pants…..

19. TimeFor9
    1:04 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I went to the concert. I didn’t have anything going on and a good friend works for Clear Channel and they gave her free tix. 4 rows back, so I thought why not. I didn’t expect to like it, and I didn’t expect to hate it. I just figured it would be okay for a free show. Well, I must admit, I actually thought it was a great show. Contrary to the post above, I thought her voice was great live. The show was entertaining and a great family environment. Why does everyone always have to hate on the good celebrities who are respectful role models, and praise the ones who get arrested/in fights/addicted to drugs?

20. Steady
    1:10 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

I don’t see anything wrong with her completion… 4, 3, 2, 1, 5

21. tennessee wildcat
    1:11 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Trouble…Trouble…Trouble.

22. StangLuvr
    1:13 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

UK Hoops gonna lose a fan here…..and Coach Mitchell….REALLY?!?!?!?! Cal bringing in Jay-Z and Drake and you get Taylor Swift? Step your game up sir!!!!

23. soggyUKgrad
    1:22 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

You guys complaining about this are idiots!! Who does Matthew recruit??? Teenage girls. What is Taylor Swift’s biggest demographic? Teenage girls.This was genius.

24. Better than you
    1:22 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Whats wrong with majority of you? What a bunch of cynical, unhappy cry babies!
    If you don’t like her, go on with your day. It was good PR for UK. No one aske for your ridiculous opinion. If it makes u dislike UK, then ur not wanted anyway.
    I am taking my 13 year old daughter to her concert in Louisville next week. It’s her first concert and is very excited. It’s a lock that nothing stupid or inappropriate will be said by TS.
    My suggestion to the angry folks who bitch up a storm on here, find some happiness in your life!
    I’m surprised no one is being critical of the posters spelling or grammar…..another favorite pastime of many of u.

25. Better than Better than you
    1:30 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

24) No one asked for your ridiculous opinion, either.

26. Better than you
    1:33 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

25). Thx for helping prove my point…..so unhappy. I feel sorry for u and the other slobs. #nojoyinlife

27. Laughing
    1:40 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

#19. Good role model?!!! You want your daughter saddeling up a new guy every week then blasting it out in a new song? How bout if you have a son. You want him to be blasted out in a song after she leaves him in a week?

28. Jughead
    1:42 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

It scares me more when someone says they actually like Kanye West.

29. TimeFor9
    2:00 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

27 Saddeling up? Going on dates doesn’t mean she’s whoring around. Do I want my daughter going out with a new guy every week? Sure, if that’s what she wants to do. I would rather her go out w lots of guys in order to find a good one rather than settle for one jerk. And would I want her to write a song about it? Uh, yeah, esp if it makes her millions of dollars but even if it doesn’t, if she wants to write songs about her life I have no problem with it. And would I want my son to be “blasted out” after she leaves him? Yeah, I’m okay with that too. I would hope my son would be respectful enough to not need someone to blast him in a song. If he is disrespectful, yeah, call his ass out. What is wrong w this world? Pansies.

30. Josh
    2:04 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

A lot of these comments coming from grown men still living with their moms. I went to Taylor Swift’s concert and it was amazing. I went with my GIRLFRIEND which some of you may not even know what that is.

31. R. Smith
    2:29 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Are we trying to recruit slow white boys? (sorry, I’m old, I have no idea who listens to Taylor Swift)

32. Fair enough
    2:34 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

#29 then I would find your daughter annoying as well then if she did that. Wish I could be as naive as you.

33. TimeFor9
    2:38 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

32 glad I’m not as cynical as you.

31 last I checked Coach Mitchell recruits girls, not boys.

34. R. Smith
    2:56 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

#33 The women’s basketball team listens to Taylor Swift?

35. Roland
    3:29 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

T. Swift Should go all “broken hearted” about this years past UK BB team. Got to be song in that.

36. schwing
    3:53 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

eff Taylor swift, her psychosis, and her virginity.

37. Jeffrey
    4:33 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Dude, all of this Taylor Swift shit is getting old. I could care less about this immature asshat.

38. williamtitan
    7:11 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

went to high school witth taylor. she is such a lttel spoiled brat and really rude. just sayin…. dont care about her.

39. Rob
    7:58 pm April 29, 2013 Permalink

Taylor Swift posed for this picture and jersey with all the enthusiasm of a sloth.