There aren’t a whole lot of things that could add sex appeal to yesterday’s football game that had us all glued to our televisions. But, Matt Jones seems to have found something to spice it up as former UK receiver Dicky Lyons will join him this morning as co-host. They’ll talk UK football and John Wall’s debut and maybe even get an update on any Matt Stafford dreams that Dicky may or may not be having. It all gets going at 11 am and you can listen in Louisville on 970AM and online through Lousiville Sports Buzz.
And while you’re listening, check out these Sunday morning links…
– The Courier Journal’s Sunday College Basketball Notebook goes over a few notes, including Calipari encouraging John Wall to be a vocal leader. Also, Mark Krebs could dunk on you if he wanted to, he’s just not that interested.
– Mark Story of the Herald-Leader writes about the freshman trio stepping up to fill the playmaking void.
– Chip Cosby credits UK’s “workmanlike” effort in the win over Easter Kentucky.
– Also, the always well-dressed one gives us his UK notes, highlighted by Sam Maxwell leading the team in interceptions.
– The CJ’s Brett Dawson gives a quick recap of over Kentucky’s win over the Colonels
– Larry Vaught of the Danville Advocate-Messenger takes a closer look at Randall Cobb’s injured left thumb.
– And last, but certainly not least, John Clay has video interviews with Sam Maxwell, Christian Johnson, and Chris Matthews