Talking Ryan Harrow (Monday Show Thread)

ryan

Matt and Drew are in Bridgeport, Connecticut for tonight’s Elite Eight rematch between UK Hoops and UConn. While they’ve been enjoying the scenery of New York City suburbia, some news broke. Ryan Harrow is transferring to Georgia State to be closer to his family, which will end his career as a Kentucky Wildcat. That means that we can finally talk about what happened with Ryan and the team this season. Ryan Lemond will be in the studio in Lexington while Matt and Drew will be live from Greenwich, Connecticut to talk about it all.

Today’s topics include:

— Ryan Harrow transferring

— An all-night road trip to Connecticut

— UK Hoops seeking revenge on UConn

— Kevin Ware’s awful injury

— Andrew Wiggins bonds with the UK commitments during McDonald’s All-American week

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

299 Comments for Talking Ryan Harrow (Monday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I always remember April 1 as the day we beat Syracuse 76-67 to win the 1996 NCAA Championship! I hope we pull out the win tonight, if we do, we may have a legit shot at winning the title now that Baylor is gone; however, everything I’ve been hearing is that Notre Dame is really good… Go Lady Cats (err.. UK Hoops)! Also, I’m expecting pro UCONN announcers just like they were pro Delaware on Saturday…

2. UK_JB
    9:56 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I hate Pete Thamel-Toe.

I HAVE NOT seen the the Ware play… I stepped away from the TV thankfully. Nor DO I want to see it. I can’t handle getting allergy shots.

3. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    9:57 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What to do… what to do now.

4. Chris
    10:01 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Why is it the U of L players can wear shirts under their uniforms but Siva Sr can’t?

5. L2C8
    10:01 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

May have to change my name to L3C8 soon, LOLOL. I will have to say, the video of Wiggins sitting by Julius, got me all excited this weekend. After listening and WATCHING how excited he got after being asked that question, I got all gitty. Bring on Hawkins & WIGGINS. #GETITOVERWITH22 #GETBETTERWARE

6. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:02 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Don’t get fooled today… that’s my point of view.

7. robuk
    10:03 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

It was as bad a break as I have ever seen in sports. I had a break like it in the Army but it was my left arm. The bone poking out part that is.

8. L2C8
    10:04 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Lil Bro is following in their Big Bro’s footsteps. Rick seems to be (FINALLY) the Rick of UK Years this year. He seems to be dialed in, thanks to yours truly COACH CAL.

As far as Peter Thameltoe, he represents his name well, he is a CLASS ACT PETER!

9. Jax Teller
    10:06 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

2 – Nastiest injury I’ve ever seen. Originally I thought something happened to Chane, Smith, and Siva as they were all just sitting on the court. Then I saw it.

10. Al's IndiCats
    10:07 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I hope Uvel wins it all, I hope Rick Pitino is named VIP coach in College basketball,I hope Dwight Shorute (Crean) starts a Hair replacment company in Bloomington…….Yeah April Fool!

11. Jax Teller
    10:09 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I didn’t and will not root for UL. Ever. I hate that Ware got injured and wish him the best, but I will not root for UL. In my eyes, nothing would be better than Wichita St shocking the world.

12. DCat
    10:09 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I am a UK fan through and through and I can’t believe you would root for Duke and not UL. That’s ridiculous. Stop it!

13. Ryne
    10:09 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Happy Anniversary to Cal being hired!!

14. UK_JB
    10:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I think I am going to pass out listening to this. Seriously.

15. craynes
    10:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Is UNC out of the running for Wiggins?! The Montreal Gazette thinks so…
    “His college of choice has been the subject of much speculation as he decides on either Kentucky or Florida State for next season”

16. Ryne
    10:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Have always hated Louisville, but definately feel for Kevin Ware. Wish a speedy recovery.

17. Melvit
    10:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Theisman’s injury WAS just as bad. It was awful.

18. manlySmell
    10:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

You guys need to start thinking about putting a better picture of Harrow on these articles.

19. Travis
    10:12 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

The Ware injury is the absolute worst injury I have ever seen in sports. The image of the injury, the reactions of his brothers, coaches and everyone there is still burned into my brain. I never want to see it again or would wish it on anyone. The reactions of the bench and Ul players on the court is almost as disturbing. I will continue to pray for Ware and hope he is able to be with his team in ATL. I’ll probably never say this ever again…but Go Cards

20. Hold Up
    10:12 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

When UK fans criticize UK players, Matt says…”Lay off these kids.” When U of L players cry….Matt says, “There are grown men showing emotion.” Are U of L fans that much older than UK players? They’re all grown men Matt….if they can’t handle the criticism, they need to transfer to Georgia State.

21. Daryl Dixon
    10:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I feel horrible for Kevin Ware. Hate aside, I wouldn’t wish that injury on anyone, even my worst enemy. However, I still cannot stand u of l, its fans, its coach, and its players. I REFUSE to cheer for u of l.

22. Rickey
    10:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sorry for the kid but NEVER want ul to win. NEVER

23. quickie
    10:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Rooted for Louisville over Duke. Now, Go Shockers.

24. LexCat
    10:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Agree with 11

25. Deepblue
    10:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

lol @ Matt rooting for UL. Has the whole world GONE CRAZY!!!!???

26. Rixter
    10:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If Louisville wins it, maybe several guys go pro?? Antoine Walker did……

27. Travis
    10:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I have seen some horrific injuries in football (Theisman, Lattimore, etc.) and in real life (our soccer goalie got his front teeth knocked completely into his gum when an opposing player slid into him spikes up), but basketball is different because the players do not have pads or anything. It’s still difficult to discuss or relive…

28. bentucky wildcat
    10:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Just like a democrat flip flopping like joe biden!

Just kidding seriously go cards bring home the title for the state. some things are greater than UK – UL rivalry

29. Rixter
    10:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Relax, 25.. it’s April 1

30. Deepblue
    10:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Let’s all just jump on the UL bandwagon and admit the total and utter defeat of our program at their hands. smh.

31. OwensboroDavid
    10:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

My heart breaks for Ware, but come on guys. Stop it. If you want to pull for the Cards to keep it in the state, go out and get your L’ville Final Four t-shirts and your Teddy for Heisman t-shirts. Also, go to L’ville’s midnight madness and skip Big Blue Madness next year.

32. Daryl Dixon
    10:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Trash-talking mojo? It’s easy to get back. Everyone can stop being over-sypmathetic wussies.

33. UK_JB
    10:15 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

ughh

34. OwensboroDavid
    10:15 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like Matt is growing a line beard. SMH……

35. jojo
    10:17 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Ive spent my whole life HATING Louisville Basketball, but for just a brief moment I cheered for them to win. #LookingOutForLittleBrother

36. Joseph
    10:17 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If Louisville is truly “Little Brother” then when something happens like what happened to Ware, we as UK fans have to play the role of “Big Brother” and root for U of L in his defense…Truth is…if an injury like this happens to a Duke player, I’m not sure I’m pulling for Duke because of the injury.

37. John
    10:17 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt there is a difference between having sympathy for Ware and the team and rooting for Louisville. I actually like the players on the team but they play for a team and coach I hate and I wouldn’t root for them for one minute. Doesn’t mean I don’t wish him well, I do and have said prayers for him, but I hate Louisville and will never root for them for one minute.

38. Fake_Richie_Farmer
    10:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Now that is my kind of studio! See any VCRs?

39. wkcatsfan
    10:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Prayers are with Ware for a full and speedy recovery, but I can’t root for the Cards. Best wishes to Harrow at Georgia State — probably a good move for him and UK. Go Shockers!

40. kentuckyrules
    10:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Um…yeah. UL winning it all would do MORE for UL fans than it would KY. Sorry folks, I’m rooting for Wichita St!!! Kentucky will be FINE if UL doesn’t win, trust me. Especially with what UK has next season….KY can wait a few months.

41. Winston
    10:19 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Listening to Louisville Sports Radio sure makes the work day go faster.

42. Deepblue
    10:20 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Where is the logic behind rooting for a team just because they suffered an injury? This phenomenon of UK fans rooting for UL before the injury and now even more pronounced after the injury is completely bizarre. Matt likes to say that UK-UL is the best rivalry in college basketball, but it’s not. And its not because a large portion of our fan base roots for UL when its convenient. In real rivalries you never root for your rival. I don’t want to ever hear about the intensity of the UK-UL rivalry again. Case closed.

43. quickie
    10:20 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I know this is April Fools Day but come one L1C4?

44. DrSayre
    10:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

haha I hope the Truth calls in and starts yelling then

45. Dallas
    10:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

So Matt, Ryan do we want them (Louisville) to bring it or not. don’t say one thing then later change your minds that would be 2 faced on your part.

46. Winston
    10:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Proud moron.

47. L2C8
    10:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

UL had a big day yest, the girls knocked off BAYLOR last night, and gave our Lady Cats the opening to the Championship.

48. BleedBlueinNashville
    10:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I feel sorry for Kevin Ware, but the man is not in mortal danger. My prayers go out to him and his family. Its bad, but why the need to go soft and start rooting for UofL. I dont know about everyone else, but basketball season is over. Kevin Ware, get back on the court soon!!

49. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    10:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

You can listen to Scott Johnson in place of my show. Good guy.

50. Matt jones, smdh
    10:22 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I like you, but get a grip. Really. This UL love is stupid. Their fans give me all the reason to hate I need. You know this. Come on, you are an intelligent guy. I shouldn’t be doubting you like this. Yes, Ware’s injury was terrible, and I wish him the best. But that has NOTHING to do with my feelings about that school. Eff em, eff em all.

51. quickie
    10:22 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Unlike UL fans I haven’t seen a single UK fan celebrate this injury but I did see a UL fan celebrate the injury to Noel.

52. Deepblue
    10:22 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

No one minds that you talk about the elite 8. Its the whole slobbering all over UL that makes you weak.

53. Rixter
    10:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Well, Tipton knew about Harrow’s dad….

October 14, 2012
    By Jerry Tipton – [email protected]

” Ring of honor

Point guard Ryan Harrow gave his championship ring to his father.

“Well, my dad was really sick,” he said of the gesture.

Mark Harrow had suffered a stroke.

“I thought that will make him feel a little bit better, and make him happy,” Harrow said. “I brought him the championship ring, and I let him wear it. He wears it all the time now and shows it to everybody.”

The elder Harrow is making progress in his recovery, the UK player said.”

54. bentucky wildcat
    10:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

42. Because like it or not UL is part of our state. They are our little brother.

55. Ryne
    10:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I think we should root for Wichita State. Andrew Wiggin’s brother would appreciate out support

56. FakeBigBlack
    10:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Alex isn’t going to respond to a new PG either. No heart. I am also a sensitive person and I am not looking for you Matt. You are off the hook with me.

57. Hold Up
    10:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

After promising to fill us in our Harrow’s off-court issues all season….Matt finally spills the beans….by telling us that he had “off the court team issues” and that Harrow “brought players with him.” Uh….yeah…..thanks for the clarification. Matt obviously either doesn’t know…or won’t tell….what happened.

58. Smart Person
    10:25 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Georgia State vs Kentucky in first round of NCAA next year.

59. UK2K
    10:25 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt builds this Harrow and behind the scenes story up, then gives us nothing lol Am I the only one?

60. Edd
    10:25 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

We liked Pitino for a day when Bill Keightley died. This will pass.

61. I wonder...
    10:26 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

if Ware has some sort of Sam Bowie type bone condition? How does one’s leg snap like that from just landing??

62. Facts
    10:26 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m with 57 and 59. Thanks alot for c-teasing us all year about spilling the inside info, Matt.

63. jojo
    10:26 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Dragon sounds pretty cool though Matt…

64. Jax Teller
    10:26 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

One of the things that stuck out the most to me was while everyone else was running away and turning so they didn’t see the Ware injury. Luke Hanckock jumped up off the bench and ran to him and stayed by his side. THAT was memorable and that’s the kind of guy you want on your team.

65. Scott
    10:27 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

–Turn in your human card and be a dragon.

66. GOCATS
    10:27 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sorry, I have sympathy for Ware, but I will not root for Louisville. I felt like the kids were a little dramatic over the injury, typical Louisville to me, cameras are my friend. Not a fan, hope he makes a good recovery, but I will be rooting for Wichita State.

67. Michael
    10:28 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

@59. Matt was kind of like one of the 1-900 psychics. Anybody with common sense and intuition can say what he said about Harrow. Where are the specifics?

68. Timefor9
    10:28 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, wheres the backstory to the season that uve been building us up too?

69. What that jerk Thamel should realize is that it’s all about the timing of what he tweeted yesterday.

Actually, I take that back. He knows it’s about the timing, but the jerk doesn’t care.

70. Unit to tha G
    10:28 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Mark my words: Said it 2 months ago, WIGGINS WILL WEAR UK BLUE!

71. I don’t care if he apologized. It’s not sincere in the least IMHO.

72. inlinefor9
    10:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

HA, sounds like we almost just had an F bomb on the radio.

73. Matt
    10:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If Wichita St. wins it all will Wiggins go there next year with his brother and try to repeat?

74. jhnny
    10:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Oddly, Erin Andrews also stuck up for Thameltoe…

75. Kentruthy
    10:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

57, 59, 62, 67 nailed it. This “we’ll talk about it after the season is over….I’ve got inside info” stuff was a ruse.

76. Dallas
    10:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sorry Matt I am a UK fan and UK fan only I have never cheered for any other team in my life.

77. Jon
    10:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

ERIN ANDREWS also supported Thamel. Lost a lot of respect for her.

78. wkcatsfan
    10:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

69. You hit the nail on the head — the d***head in this case.

79. OwensboroDavid
    10:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt and Drew, I love you guys and the show but I’m out for the day and possibly until you guys grown your big blue balls back. I can’t under ANY circumstance want UofL to win. Just saying UofL and win in the same sentence makes me want to go bathe.

80. Ryan in NKY
    10:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

A fourth media member took up for Thameltoe…Erin Andrews

81. uk3k_J
    10:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I am die hard UK and anti-louisville. But I was moved by the sincere concern by the UL players and Pitino. I cheered for them the rest of the game and they derserved it.

That being said I will be cheering for wich st.

82. Dallas
    10:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I a usally the one first in line at the Big Blue Madness campout,

83. UOFL FAN 4 LIFE
    10:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Pete Thamel just messed up real bad. Trust me, Louisville fans will not forget.

84. eric
    10:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

yeah i agree, there was a build up to the “behind the scenes” stuff with Harrow…and then we weren’t told much haha

85. Oogie
    10:31 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

“Where is the logic behind rooting for a team just because they suffered an injury?”

There’s a lot of things that cold, hard logic can’t explain. Some people will go their whole life and never get that fact.

86. I love KSR
    10:32 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

No need to talk Kentucky football, the spring game is only 12 days away.

87. Dallas
    10:32 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

88. Daryl Dixon
    10:33 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

thameltoe STILL won’t do a story on the rather serious investigation by the ncaa at syracuse

89. Travis
    10:33 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Honestly, Thameltoe did NOT apologize and I believe he needs to personally apologize to Ware, UL and anyone who saw his tweet. He used a horrific injury from a young man as a tool for Pete Thamel to get attention and hits for his article. He is a complete asshole, prick, piece of shit and the lowest scum of the Earth. Personally, I want to break both Thameltoe’s legs, and then jump up and down on them like a Chinese gymnast until he cries like a little b*tch. Last, I would laugh at him, snap a picture of him and tweet it out to the masses. I hope he is not married because if I was his wife, I would have slapped the shit out of him on the spot.

90. Dallas
    10:34 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Whom ever wins the NCAA wins thats all really anyone can say, but next year KY comes with the Big Blue Guns ready to bring it home.

91. blueblooded
    10:35 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

not only thamel kick the man when he was down, he’s trying to profit from it by getting hits to an article he wrote. he’s lowest form of scum!

92. Travis
    10:35 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

#81…I saw that too. It befuddles me how anyone could take up for Thameltoe.

93. Winston
    10:35 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Louisville fans will get even with Thamel by making him read another Pitino/Forde book.

94. inlinefor9
    10:35 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

The “behind the scenes” scoop was just a very elaborate April Fools joke. Very well played.

95. Homestead Fred
    10:36 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

On Pete Thamel:
    People have to realize that the nation as a whole does not see the UK/UofL divide. They see the state of Kentucky. East Coast Elitists like Pete Thamel (and his bosses that he is trying to impress) feel that Kentucky is a safe dumping ground. When it comes to sports, politics, etc., it is always open season on Kentucky and most other states in the South. Get use to it.

On Ryan Harrow:
    KSR is really treating this situation with kid gloves. All we are hearing are generalities that most people already knew. You said that you would tell us about Harrow. You should not have said that if you weren’t going to say anything. That’s on you, not Harrow.

96. Dallas
    10:36 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Have fun on your show guys we are on spring break time to go have fun. GO BIG BLUE!!!

97. Cats1
    10:36 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Was that Mitch Hedberg on the line?

98. MonsterMash
    10:36 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t the same thing happen to Edgar Sosa?

99. Michael
    10:36 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I thought he had sex with a unicorn, and I expected that story to come out.

100. ROSE
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Some fans are like the lyrics in John Prine’s ‘People Putting People Down.” That’s their mission in life.

101. Facts
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

“Just because I’ve been promising you inside stories for months, doesn’t mean that I have to actually provide it! There is no smoking gun….even though I’ve been promising you one.”
    –Matt Jones

102. Samantha Ryan
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Shocker- Two in the pink, one in the stink, and one to tickle with!!

103. Smart Person
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew pooped in UL’s Locker room?

104. Travis
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

SI Customer Service email address…

[email protected]

Also, Jason Whitlock showed he is a POS too for his tweet. Glad to see our friend Gregg Doyel called it like he saw it.

105. BigBlueCPA
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Did Matt just describe “the shocker” live on the air? Wow, Drew you might want to clarify with him what he just did. Awesome radio on a monday morning.

106. Rondodog
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Have had conflicted feelings since UL women’s coach made his little comment about using the Robert Morris vs. UK NIT out of bounds play to beat Baylor. Sorry for Kevin Ware and his injury and hope he is able to return. But there are classless people associated with UL and it’s hard to cheer for them in anything.

107. FakeBigBlack
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

People just want some definitive explanation or excuse for the terrible underachievements of our team this year. You must understand.

108. Jax Teller
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

The only person allowed to walk in during a speech and poop is Jorts. Of course Billy G encouraged it, but still.

109. L2C8
    10:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt you have hit it on the head, IT’S JUST A GAME, Yes it is a game that we(BBN) take seriosuly BUT, at the end of the day, these are kids. We almost had a few players that are on this UL team (Behanan, Harrell…) just because they chose to go to UL (The Enemy) it must be their year, let them have that. The way I look at it is, in December, WE WILL BE LAUGHING AT THEM, TRUST ME, We WILL be laughing. So I just sit back and smile at them, they look at me and say, Ahh look, UK fan is happy for us, but what they don’t know is in the back of my head, I’m smiling because if ONLY THEY KNEW what is in store for them next year.

110. Timefor9
    10:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Hahahaha..Matt ur the one that talked the Harrow story up on twitter yesterday saying tune into the show lol

111. Tttttt
    10:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

@KySportsRadio: I will talk more about this on radio tomorrow but behind the scenes, Harrow was a major distraction this year. Change for both had to happen

YOU SAID IT JONES

delved

114. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Delved

115. Fizzy Winky
    10:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matthew Mitchell could do wonders with Harrow.

116. Mike Honcho
    10:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, any chance Wiggins goes to the Shockers?

117. taylor
    10:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

DELVED!!!!

118. jojo

Delve??

119. uk3kJ
    10:39 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

or dave would work as well

120. Jon

Delved.

121. Daryl Dixon
    10:39 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Well, matt can’t get “sit” “sat” or “set” correct. Why not get the derivatives of “dive” correct.

122. DCat

The word is delved.

123. BigHoopsFan

Delved! 🙂

124. Travis

Sounds like a Ryan Lemond word, Matt. Lol

125. Jeff

delved

126. ROSE
    10:39 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

People used to say “I haven’t boned up on it yet.”

127. Hold Up
    10:39 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

95 nails it. Either don’t promise details and don’t share them…..or promise them and deliver. But the worst thing to do is promise details….and then berate your audience for expecting details. “No smoking gun” is NOT what Matt has been saying all year.

128. SteveA

It’s delved ,Matt!

129. Not Jay-Z
    10:39 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Welcome to KSR, where we spend 60 seconds of radio trying to conjugate verbs. Love you guys

130. Catlogic15

Doctors said Ware will play again. Let’s move on,

131. therussk
    10:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

delve

132. eric
    10:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

The andrew wiggins video made me as excited as anyone else, but he was saying “WE” because the quesion was “if YOU WENT to UK, how good would you guys be?” So obviously he has to say “we”…

133. kidbt
    10:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Delved!!!!!!

134. PAK
    10:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Delved!

135. dd in danville
    10:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I think Matt pulling for uavel is a sign of the apocalypse! Did Tom Jurich sell his soul to the devil for the last 6 months of uavel triumphs? ACC, Sugar Bowl, Final 4 maybe more, lady birds upset Brittany the Giant? Seems supicious to me. GBB!!!

136. SteveA
    10:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Wow I’m slow

137. bsqurd
    10:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Dug Matt dug

138. jojo
    10:41 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Wont archie just get better?

139. Ukato80
    10:41 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Delved

140. Jarrod Polson eye twinkles
    10:41 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Louisville vs. Syracuse in the final game. Jimmy B. gets his revenge for 1996.

141. UKGrad93
    10:42 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What is the date to declare for the draft?

142. Trick Pitino
    10:42 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

“There’s no smoking gun…..but I’ll talk about the situation once Harrow’s off campus.” Huh? Which is it? Fool me once, shame on you….fool me twice, shame on me. Matt doesn’t have inside info on this topic.

143. TrillWill
    10:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Come on folks, I’m just tryin’ to show a little humility. Next year we’ll let our play on the court do our talking instead of our Twitter handles.

144. Trick Pitino
    10:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones switched sides faster than Drew Deener.

145. cristoforouk
    10:44 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Willie tweeted out the picture of the UK recruits at the McD’s game and also tweeted out that he can’t wait for summer break. Doesn’t sound like a kid that is leaving for the NBA. Sounds like a kid who is staying a student.

146. quickie
    10:44 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

It is the Louisville FANS.

147. Clay
    10:45 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

When is Truth going to call into the show?

148. uk3k_J
    10:45 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

why do all of those UL fans want us to cheer for them so bad. IF we went down in flames last year they couldn’t have been happier.

149. Back to the Norm
    10:45 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

ZAP ZAP! The armistice is over, now it’s on to the next rooting interest.

150. TN Cat
    10:45 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt tweeted that he was going to talk about Harrow today and the UK coaching staff told him that if he did then they would stop giving insider info to him so he’s backtracking.

151. Daryl Dixon
    10:45 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

this caller sucks. he’s arguing with u of lol logic. that is the same as arguing quantum physics with toddlers.

152. quickie
    10:45 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If you can’t change your UL jerk fans why do you think you can change UK fans. Moron.

153. Trick Pitino
    10:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

150 = fantastic

154. L2C8
    10:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

CLASSIC REASON WHY BBN HATES UL FANS. They can be like lil sensitive girls sometimes. SORRY Lil DRUNK girls.

155. rixter
    10:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Delve is not a derivitive of dive. But it is the proper word in this instance.

156. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

But you didn’t slow DAYOWWWN!

157. UK_JB
    10:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

So who and where is the new affiliate?

158. quickie
    10:47 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Never trust anyone who went to school at Duke.

159. Mash Davis
    10:47 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Trying to argue logic with Louisville Fans is trying to use logic with a four year old. I have a better shot with the four year old.

160. Winston
    10:47 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Hating Louisville and hoping they lose sure take a lot less ‘splainin.

161. Trick Pitino
    10:47 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Be sure to tune in tomorrow when Matt will give you the inside scoop on Andew Wiggins….unless Cal tells him not to. In which case, he’ll say “did you see that video from the McDonald’s game? Golly-leee. That sure sounds good. DUh-huh-huh.”

162. UK_JB
    10:47 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If Louisville wins are you going to move to Lexington?

163. DrSayre
    10:48 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Can we redo that commercial about slowing down in construction zone with Ryan playing the part of the dad?

164. L2C8
    10:48 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

140 – I like Syracuse against UL and I’ll tell you why. Syracuse (if you think about it) has beat UL 3 Halves to 1. I think they can beat UL, and on the other hand, if Michigan plays like they did against Florida, NOONE is beating them.

165. Unit to tha G
    10:48 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

132-

Yeah I agree, but he “lit up like a christmas tree” when he was talking about it. He NEVER shows that much emotion when talking anout any schools when talking about them. Also, the ppl that were eating with him at that table were Randle, Dakari and Marcus Lee. My friend left and went to Chicago to watch the festivities and said that Wiggins, Randle and the Harrisons have been virtually inseperable. He is staying in the same hotel as the players.

166. Daryl Dixon
    10:49 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

TWO SMASHING PUMPKINS SONGS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! My 14 y/o self just put on his one-stars and smiled.

167. hack
    10:49 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

158// or is a lawyer

168. Tampa Satchel
    10:49 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

delved past participle, past tense of delve (Verb)
    Verb

Reach inside a receptacle and search for something: “she delved in her pocket”.
    Research or make painstaking inquiries into something.

Not to be used when in reference to the action of diving into a pool, ie “dove into the pool.”

169. Inside Info on Harrow
    10:50 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sword on Sword battle

170. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Can we suit up Ryan Harrow for the women’s game? After all, Baylor was able to suit up Brittany!

BTW, I heard U of L’s strategy to defeat Baylor was to kick Britany in the testicles.

171. rixter
    10:50 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Of the final 7 teams, UK has beat 2 of them already this year, and blew a big halftime lead to Georgia. We could win this thing.

172. FakeBigBlack
    10:50 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I am coming to Kentucky. I will wait for you to get back to Kentucky from Connecticut; not to beat you down, but to go with you on a splendid trip to the Saloto center to see “Blue.”

173. Tampa Satchel
    10:51 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I wanted UL to win after the injury because I didn’t want them to have an excuse for losing.

174. Daryl Dixon
    10:51 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

pfffft. pics or it didn’t happen.

175. njCat
    10:52 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Before injury, I couldn’t figure out which team I wanted to lose worse. After injury, definitely switched and LOVED watching Duke get crushed.

176. DrSayre
    10:52 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

FILA > Adidas

177. Tampa Satchel
    10:53 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

178. njCat
    10:53 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Is Britany Griner a dude? Have you heard her (his?) voice???

179. Bluegrass
    10:54 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

When it comes to who you root against I believe that we base our opinions on interactions with other fans. When I lived in Louisville/Lexington I wanted nothing more than UL to lose all the time. Now that I live in the heart of the ACC (Virginia) I hate Duke and UNC more. And all of that is based on the people I have to interact with the next day at work, etc. Last night I wanted Duke to lose (didn’t “root” for anyone to win) because this way today at work all these people are humbled and quiet.

180. Tampa Satchel
    10:54 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

There was a free standing McDonald’s for many years near Woodland and Richmond rd. with no drive through.

181. Unit to tha G
    10:54 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I LOVED seeing Louisville kick Dukes ass…

182. whisperer
    10:55 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt is a bobcat whisperer. LOL When is the new show going to start. Maybe something to talk about when the new website and third hour of KSR starts.

183. dd in danville
    10:55 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I am so sick of all the uavel love. yuck!

184. eric
    10:55 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Living in Toledo, OH.. its hard for me to hate UL because i never have to deal with the fans. I hate Ohio State more than any other team because of the OSU fans! Like Matt, i actually like Thad Matta and the OSU players, but because of their fans I’m forced to hate OSU and constantly root against them

185. dd in danville
    10:56 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Go Shockers! Shock the world!

186. Unit to tha G
    10:56 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, What do you think of UCLA hiring Steve Alford?

187. FakeBigBlack
    10:57 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

For today only……Thamel or Crean? Who gets the punch in the face?

188. The anti cat
    10:57 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Best of luck to the lady cats, or what ever the correct name is for the ladies basketball team. Beat them damm huskies.

189. BigPicture
    10:57 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Why root for Louisville against Duke?

Marginalization.

That was my theory. I like the looks of Louisville with 3 and Duke with 4, versus Louisville with 2 and Duke with 5.

190. Coach T
    10:57 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

MATT: Seriously, how ugly are the women there? Tell the truth.

191. Travis
    10:58 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt…can you use the 2nd hour of KSR to discuss what you think the roster will look like and which current FR will stay or leave, as well as which in-coming high seniors will be in the BLUE and WHITE??? I’ll hang-up and listen…thanks

🙂

192. Delk for 3
    10:59 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I HATED seeing Louisville kick Duke’s ass. Made me extremely depressed last night. I’m about to jump off a cliff if Louisville wins. In many ways, it give Louisville the upper hand over Kentucky’s 2012 National Championship. That’s just my feeling about things.

193. Delk for 3
    10:59 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

*it gave

194. Trick Pitino
    11:00 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

191) “I would talk about it, but Coach Cal told me to stop talking about interesting stuff. So, I’ll just promise to talk about it later and hope you all forget.”
    –Matt Jones

195. L2C8
    11:00 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

191 – You do realize you typed a message and didn’t call….correct? 🙂

196. Duck Fuke
    11:07 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What is it with the “not seeing, not showing” Ware’s injury? You know some of the other injuries we don’t show? How about our boys and girls coming home from war with missing legs, or worse in body bags. Maybe it’s time we started seeing and really looking at what they have to endure while we worry about getting just a teeny bit uncomfortable because a poor kid broke his leg playing a game. Maybe we need to start getting used to being uncomfortable.

197. Azubuike's Bicep
    11:09 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Two in the pink, one in the stink.

198. Edd
    11:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If your fingers aren’t together, it would, truly, be a shocker.

199. Jax Teller
    11:10 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

For a second there I thought Drew was talking about his encounter with Samantha Ryan again, “fingers were going everywhere”.

200. rixter
    11:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What are the chances that Alex goes and goes un-drafted?

201. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew was probably not paying attention. Was he text, or tweeting when you were talking?

202. BigBlueMook
    11:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

A comment on the UK/UofL rivalry:
    A friend of mine (UofL fan) told me back in December that he would be more upset if UofL won the NC this year and then next year UK wins the the title next year. This is a testament that some UofL fans are more enthralled with what UK is doing than the success of their own program. He said and I quote “If UK wins next year and bookends UofL, then the 2013 will not be remembered.”

203. Timefor9
    11:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt…. Gordon is now announcing Tuesday at 1230

204. jojo
    11:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, was Ryan Harrow’s removal of his Flat-top an early sign that he was going to transfer?
    -Go Cayts!

205. jhnny
    11:12 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Everyone on Matt’s promised tweet: This is Matt now being controlled by UK. UK, who employs Matt through IMG, obviously got wind of his tweet and put the brakes on talking about Harrow. This explains why Matt won’t even mention the tweet. I still love Matt and his show, but this is the downside of him now being on the UK payroll…

206. rixter
    11:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

How does that work Matt.. you just walk into a studio and say ‘we want to broadcast from here’?

207. njCat
    11:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Michigan looked just as good as UL yesterday. If Michigan is hitting shots, they can win it all.

208. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    11:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

That station needs me!

209. Billy Packer
    11:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What was Ware doing to Wojo!!!!!!!!

210. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Is Darby hot???

211. UK_JB
    11:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I just looked… they have podcasts for these shows… ha!

212. Scott
    11:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Drew,
    Tell Matt you were told there would be no math today.

213. rixter
    11:15 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

So, these guys let you use their studio, and you’re going to make fun of their lineup??

Very Thamel-esque

214. Bmac
    11:15 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If you really need a reason to hate Louisville, just think about the fact that they might win a title and only had to beat nc a&t, Colorado st., Oregon, Duke, Wichita st, and Syracuse or Michigan to do it.

215. UK_JB
    11:15 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

216. Rockfield, KY
    11:16 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

207. I’m fine with Michigan winning it all. They are exciting to watch, only have 1 title, I like John Belein, and they hate Indiana as much as we do.

217. Scott
    11:16 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    Do you know what this means? I missed David takes 1

218. ComeOnGuys
    11:16 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Don’t be mean when someone lets you use their station

219. Rockfield, KY
    11:16 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

214. Sounds about like Duke’s title run in 2010.

220. roburn
    11:17 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

With Wichita State and Michigan/Syracuse left, do you think UofL has a chance to break 1996 UK’s record for highest tournament average margin of victory? Right now, they’re averaging 21.75 and 1996 UK averaged 21.5.

221. Sir Brandon
    11:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’d listeneth to CM Tomlin’s Talkin’ Empowered Pet Couples — Dog and Monkey, etc.

222. ESPN_first take
    11:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

There is a UK fan photobombing the bejeezus out of the camera on ESPN first Take right now. Even when we are down, we are everywhere.

223. J in Orlando
    11:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

ULs path to the title has overtaken Duke’s 2010 path as the easiest all time path of least resistance

224. quickie
    11:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Michigan starts 3 freshmen, 1 sophmore and 1 junior. They have to be in next years discussion.

225. brain
    11:19 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Wolverines attack!

226. Blasphemy
    11:19 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, what gets me about the Wiggins video is that he seems “giddy” while saying “we,” not just the fact that he was saying “we” or was “giddy” independently from each other. That video made me happy even when UL won…..

227. Rockfield, KY
    11:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

When I lived in Winston Salem, NC there were only UNC and NC St fans there. I only saw one real Duke fan the whole time I lived there. All the Duke fans live in the Northeast and India.

228. Navin
    11:22 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, WWW is a flesh peddler. He’s a leech.

229. Demo1975
    11:22 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Where’s the truth??? Was supposed to call and take his medicine!!

230. Delk for 3
    11:22 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I do think Michigan has a pair of guards every bit as good, if not better, than Siva and Smith. Trey Burke is certainly better. In addition, Mitch McGary has become a beast on the boards. The Wolverines certainly can hang. I’d much rather Michigan get there than Syracuse.

231. Tampa Satchel
    11:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Colin Jost, while not side-splitting funny,is not bad:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9v6Cj2Wjw

232. Unit to tha G
    11:24 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

226- I agree. This is a kid that has showed very little emotion in his recruitment…very odd that he showed that much emotion.

233. Rockfield, KY
    11:25 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

224. They’ll probably only return McGary, Stauskas, and Robinson out of their main rotation. Hardaway and Burke will probably be gone. They’ll also have Horford back, but he’s not his brother at all.

234. I hope
    11:26 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I hope that Wiggins comes here and I think there’s a decent chance, but that video to me just seemed like a slightly nervous kid answering a question. Not really any signs.

235. UKanada
    11:26 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Do you think Wiggin’s brother playing in the Final Fout helps UK chances?(as in the excitement of the final four, and UK being the most likely of his list to be there)

236. I hope
    11:27 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

233 – McGary may have played his way into the lottery or at least 1st round

237. njCat
    11:27 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

you can start trash talking about next year. last 2 years are a push

238. Mack
    11:27 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Guy wearing UK shirt setting behind Spike Lee on First Take on ESPN2.

239. Delk for 3
    11:28 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I hate them the same. I always have hated them, and I always will hate them.

240. dd in danville
    11:28 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

bob valvano said that they didn’t see what happened to ware and when all the players fell to the floor they thought maybe someone had shot them

241. Delk for 3
    11:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What the hell is wrong with people like Drew? “It would be cool if the trophy (goes to Louisville)”

242. njCat
    11:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

much more happy seeing IU lose.. expecially because of Dakich

243. Daryl Dixon
    11:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

matt’s antisocial behavior is why he only has a confrontation maybe once every 6mos.

244. Bob Cobb
    11:29 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I will have a begrudging respect for the Louisville basketball program if they win the championship. Right now they are just pesky. If they win the thing, I will have to reevaluate.

245. Amaze Pants
    11:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

We can’t compare our rivalry with Duke/UNC or Alabama/Auburn. The key difference is that UK and UL aren’t in the same conference so it’s easier for us to root for them, in circumstances like this year we are going for state pride.

246. TylerH
    11:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I think Matt Jones and Drew Franklin have spent a little too much time together the past couple of weeks…

247. BlueFins
    11:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Will loathe them just as much as I ever have. Every dog has it’s day, their’s just a quarter century at a time.

248. Delk for 3
    11:31 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I can’t lie. It will affect me substantially if Louisville wins. It substantially will affect you too, Matthew.

249. Smart Person
    11:31 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

ARCHIE JUST ANNOUNCED HE IS GONE

250. inlinefor9
    11:35 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

WIGGINS

251. Laker Cat 18
    11:36 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Because Aaron Gordon’s parents were “shocked” as his decision, will it be either Oregon or UK? I was under the assumption Arizona and Washington may have been the leaders for him.

252. Delk for 3
    11:36 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

245 — Don’t use the word “us” in your statement. You are in a substantial minority, man. You need to consider turning in your UK fan card. It’s not valid anymore.

253. jojo
    11:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I cant say Ill miss Archies relentless attempts to make the most rediculous lay up ever.

254. NEWMAN
    11:37 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Do none of these callers know what today is?

255. Homestead Fred
    11:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

MORE BREAKING NEWS (not related to UK):

WKU is moving to Conference USA effective July 1, 2014. It’s on WKU Sports.

Fred

256. Tom
    11:38 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

When is Matt going to mention his “saucey” Baylor coach yesterday? She about came undone after that charging call.

257. Bluegrass
    11:39 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What are the odds this is an April Fools joke??

258. Tampa Satchel
    11:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens will wait until he sees how his rehab is going.

259. 11:38
    11:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

11:38 two days in a row that we got to 11:38 before a question about the starting 5.

260. Bill
    11:40 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt/drew….so what if Alex is buried on the bench next yr….there is this thing called his junior yr

261. wkcatsfan
    11:41 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

No joke about Cauley-Stein/Goodwin decisions: http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040113aaa.html

262. Cleatonite
    11:41 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens is coming back!!!! Holy moly!

263. Tampa Satchel
    11:41 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

How about Della Don’s eyeliner tatoo?

264. Central City DT
    11:42 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Boom, Drew’s ear is not just dirty from being to the ground.

265. Rixter
    11:42 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of Elena Diva Donne , I heard her thank ‘all her fans’ after the game. Not Delaware fans, but Della Donne fans.

266. UK_JB
    11:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Did he have a coat on with his name on it that said Chris Christie fan?

267. Nerlen's and Poy
    11:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Have we not made up our minds yet. Nerlens is still being projected #1 overall. Poy is rarely mentioned. This seems like a silly decision for both guys. I might understand Nerlens waiting to see how the rehab goes, but he is still #1. He probably won’t be that next year.

268. Unit to tha G
    11:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

This is CRAZY! NBA Comparisons for our incoming freshmen:

Andrew Harrison- Brandon Roy (in prime)
    Aaron Harrison – Joe Johnson
    James Young – James Harden
    Andrew Wiggins- Kobe Bryant
    Julius Randle – Chris Webber
    Dakari Johnson- Greg Monroe
    Marcus Lee – Young Kevin Garnett

WOW

269. Smart Person
    11:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

No announcement has been made by …. Jarrod Polson regarding their future at Kentucky at this time.

270. quickie
    11:43 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt. Don’t you have any comment about Baylor’s saucy coach showing her ass after the game?

271. me
    11:44 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I think you did say that on Twitter last night.

272. Cleatonite
    11:44 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

pg: Harrison.
    sg: Harrison
    sf: Wiggins
    PF: Randle
    C: Noel

Lmao. Drews head would explode.

273. Bragadocio
    11:44 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

When is the deadline to announce whether you’re declaring for the draft or returning to school?

274. Tampa Satchel
    11:45 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I had a braggadocio salad a Bravo Pitino’s several years ago. It was on the bitter side.

275. Seth in Huntington Beach
    11:45 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you gotta ask Elena if she needs a ride to Boston.

276. quickie
    11:45 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

How can you not love dogs?

277. BigBlueCPA
    11:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt just said “hes gonna be running around “shocking” people this week.” So Matt wants to end up on the sex offender registry with a good chunk of the UL fan base? Awesome! haha. Great show today guys.

278. Amaze Pants
    11:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

@252 Let me clarify: I would never root for UL under 99% of circumstances, but I am rooting for the state to establish itself as a basketball power. I would also root for Murray State, Western, Georgetown in D-III in a year we’re not in the post-season. Do you turn off the tv during March? Or if you have it on, do you root for anyone?

279. Smart Person
    11:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

http://www.wgch.com/ The 1490 website is actually worse than KSR’s website, didn’t know that was possible. Matt please send them your web designer.

280. CvilleWildcat
    11:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Is this just typical little brother syndrome? Is it UL jumping up and down telling us to look at them and see what they are doing? “Hey guys, hey guys! Look at me! I might win my 3rd championship this year.” Then when we don’t cheer for them they get upset like a little brother who can’t get his big brother to pay attention to him.

281. quickie
    11:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Next years team should run in and out like a hockey line change.

282. Winston
    11:46 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I think randomly giving strangers the shocker is a felony in most states.

283. quickie
    11:48 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Georgetown is NAIA much like Louiville was in 1948.

284. Tampa Satchel
    11:49 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

The fantasy is dead!

285. This Is It...
    11:49 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

WCS back…AG leaving…Perfect scenario for me…

286. rixter
    11:51 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Cal says he wanted Archie to come back, but the decision was Archie’s to make….

287. That station’s programming is more similar to an NPR station than a privately-owned talk-radio station. Interesting.

288. Spice girls
    11:51 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If you want to be donnes lover, first you gotta with her friends!

289. This Is It...
    11:51 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt…That UL.Baylor game was a thug fest on UL’s part…Coach showing 0 class…

290. This Is It...
    11:52 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt…Remember that Wiggins brother plays for WSU…Go Shockers…

291. rixter
    11:52 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

27 years from now, when Louisville wins their 4th championship…how many will UK have at that point? 15? 20?

292. BigBlueCPA
    11:53 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Does Archie leaving indicate that Wiggins has committed very quietly to Cal? I’ll hang up and listen…

293. Delk for 3
    11:54 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’ve lived in Louisville my entire life. I will never root for Louisville and I hate their fans and program more than anything in life. Any UK fans who say “I root for Louisville” are UK fans who don’t really know real UofL fans.

294. This Is It...
    11:54 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Matt…Please hire WCS a ft shooting coach in the off season…

295. Smart Person
    11:56 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

What’s up with Wendy?

Well…Wendy Lowy Sloane started her career warming up audiences for Phil Donahue and was quickly hired as a producer for the Geraldo Rivera Show

296. Tampa Satchel
    11:56 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Whatever happened to having a face for radio? I was under the impression everyone on radio was homely. Present company excluded of course.

297. mjblue2
    11:57 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Is BCG to Minnesota an April fool?

298. Rixter
    11:58 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Louisville hasn’t won in 27 years. Think about that. 27 years from now is 2040. TWENTY – FREAKIN’ FORTY!

299. quickie
    2:33 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Louisville hasn’t won in 2013 yet.