Talking Cats with Mike Pratt (Tuesday Show Thread)

mike-pratt

Who’s ready for a good story? Former Cat turned color commentator Mike Pratt will take his turn in the chair today while Matt, Drew, and Ryan float around Alaska. Matt offered to book Pratt any co-host his heart desired, and Pratt requested none other than Shannon the Dude. Tune in to hear Mike and Shannon talk about the Cats and hopefully, tell a few stories.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Here’s the guest host schedule for the rest of the week:

Wednesday: Jennifer Palumbo and Jeremy Jarmon

On Delay:
WBGN (1340am)  Bowling Green   3-5pm
WCLU (1490am)  Glasgow    11-1pm
WLBQ (1570am)  Morgantown   3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm)  Middlesboro Thur 8-10pm
WPAD (1560am)  Paducah    5-7p

86 Comments for Talking Cats with Mike Pratt (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I plege allegiance to the United States of Joanne. Matt said when he asked who should host a lot of people said Vanetti…but I dont know how because everyone in the show thread was complaining… I dont think he was that bad, but I would’ve liked to hear more of Shannon. Also as good as Joanne’s call was, we shouldn’t forget Chester’s call in the ‘Call of the Year’ race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5BE4Pd941Y

2. UK2K
    9:56 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

1. I really want your job and life which allows u to post at 9:55 5 days a week .

3. Razr Raybob
    9:57 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

GOOD MORNING VIET NAM.

4. WEAREUK
    9:58 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Looks like Neal Brown has cancelled for Thursday, disappointing

5. Razr Raybob
    10:01 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Today’s show should be much better than yesterday. Shannon should get the respect he deserves today.

6. realme
    10:01 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

#1 I would nominate Nate’s finger biting story also as a top call.

7. Jon
    10:09 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

This show is gonna be good. Shannon is awesome and he needs to just randomly plug Big House all through out the show even cutting people off. Wild card factor.

8. Awaiting Moderation
    10:09 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

What gets me about Louisville football is the sense of entitlement they have now, that they are amongst the nations elite programs for going 10-2. They say Strong is such a great coach and has so much talent on his team yet they still have never won that joke of a conference outright… and they think they will go to the ACC and be the best team in that conference… FSU is still FSU, Miami’s back and Clint Hurt wont be able to steal that talent, then you have Clemson who just beat LSU and a VT team that is consistently a top 25 team. You cant forget about Ga. Tech that runs that triple option that is hard to defend and Virginia has 3 five-star players signed for 2014…also dont forget about a Syracuse team that spanked UL last year…a Bridgewater-less Louisville team is MAYBE 5th in that league….maybe….agree or disagree?

9. UK2K
    10:12 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Brady Taylors decision was a shocker but I trust the staff has it under control. Nick Richardson is now the #1 target, he is a 4star OT from Ohio. Marcelys Jones a 4star OG is currently committed to tOSU but some thing we have a long shot at getting him to flip. Also keep in mind Avery Gennesy is a 4star OT at the Juco Coach Brumbaugh came from, so hes a option

10. Awaiting Moderation
    10:13 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

9) its a song on jay-z’s new album …the lyrics from it

11. UK2K
    10:14 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

8. Strongly Agree, after this year its all downhill for them

12. Chad Scott
    10:15 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

11). Yep, but Chad put the word recruits in there. Not a smart move.

13. UK2K
    10:15 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

9. He deleted it and anyways it was a Lyric to a JayZ song.

14. TylerH
    10:16 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

12 days until Breaking Bad

15. Stooooppppsss
    10:16 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

12. Whats your point? Just stop

16. Wishful Thinker
    10:18 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I like Shannon the Dude. Better than Ryan Lemond. StD (as I like to refer to him) is funny in a stiff non-sports way. Ryan is damn near illiterate and simply apes Matt’s commentary. The only thing he really knows well is high school sports in KY and who gives a sh*t??

17. Wedding Planner
    10:19 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

14 – Do you think they kill off Walter White..?

18. CATandMONKEY
    10:19 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Agreed, Shannon does a great job. Pratt should host at least once a quarter, plus special appearances throughout the season.Mike is a gem of a host and a true master of UK knowledge.

Tony was good yesterday. The callers, mostly respectful. He really is a decent guy …but a true UofL fan and it shows especially when he storms out of the studio in a hypertensive crisis.

19. TylerH
    10:21 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

17 – Part of me thinks yes and part of me thinks no. It really could go either way. I think they could easily take it in the direction of the inevitable downfall of Walt’s empire and he dies in the end, or they could have everyone else around him die and he is the only one who survives. I cannot wait to see how it plays out.

20. Basteballer
    10:21 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I enjoy Vanetti. I don’t mind that he’s a Loserville guy. He’s good peeps and funny. His “storming out of the studio” is always in good fun. And it’s funny.

21. Laker Cat 18
    10:24 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I thought Matt was on vacation. I hear a nose whistle.

22. WEAREUK
    10:26 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

With 6-7 spots left open the class ‘could’ end up like this..
    5star-Elam, 4star-Malone, 4star-Richardson, 3star-Holland, 3star-Baker, Andrew Harrell

23. rabble rabble rabble
    10:27 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

17,19 – everyone around him will die, his empire will be gone, and he’ll be left with terminal cancer.

24. Jessdogky
    10:28 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I love Mike Pratt, but can we please stop talking about baseball? ugh. We need Joanne’s call, and we got football to talk about! We missed on a bigtime recruit yesterday.

25. Awaiting Moderation
    10:30 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I predict the following:

Football renovates this year and it is done by 2015.

UK in their 3rd year of Stoops.

UK will then plan for new renovation in 2017…that will give us time to save around 50 million through SEC network and we will bonding for around 115 million again and make commonwealth even better.

In

26. TylerH
    10:30 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

23 – that could definitely be a possibility. I think the show will end where it began, with no money and no identity. He will manage to escape everything and leave everyone in his life dead. He will have a brand new identity (explained by the new ID from New Hampshire) with no meth empire and no money and left to die with cancer like from the very beginning. Except he will have no support system around him this time.

27. UK2K
    10:30 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Love the work on getting a new baseball stadium done. With the CWS renovations and Rupp in the future, all facilities are becoming first class.

28. Awaiting Moderation
    10:33 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

22 I say.we end with Elam, Richardson, Ginnesy(sp?), Baker, Stephens, Bone and a surprise

29. Awaiting Moderation
    10:34 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

5 or 6 more 4-star guys

30. UK2K
    10:37 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

29. I really like the Gennesy kid after looking more into him, high 4star. Surprise, like Lattimore, Jones or Malone? one of them?

31. UK2K
    10:39 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

24. Talking 15mins on baseball troubles u that much? Hope your day gets better. Yes we missed on a recruit but I trust the staff and Richardson is a 4star and just as good, we will be ok

32. realme
    10:40 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

2010 team has 3 times the NBA experience. I think it will be a battle.

33. Blue To The Bone..
    10:42 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Shannon…Now Mike Pratt knows some music…Temtations..Eagles…awesome

34. Delk for 3
    10:47 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

26 — I’m just so intrigued to see what Hank does first after getting off the john.

35. Awaiting Moderation
    10:48 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I think lattimore is most likely

36. Common Cents
    10:50 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

34- I think he walks back out to the picnic, sits down at the table, stares at Walt and doesnt say anything

37. Mr. C
    10:54 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Go Cats! Go Big Blue!

there may not be any major sports going on now, but right now the football teams undefeated, so that makes this the best time of year.

38. realme
    10:54 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I would like to compliment Matt and Ryan on their ability to always be entertaining and funny.

39. Awaiting Moderation
    10:54 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

James Franklin

When he took over team had 74th ranked class…he added some of his players and in the first year he went 6-7, he followed that up with a top 20 recruiting class and proceeded to go 9-4 last year

If that can be done at Vandy, it can happen at UK

40. Delk for 3
    10:58 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

37 — No offense, but this isn’t even close to the best time of the year. In my opinion, that week before Thanksgiving or so when the pre-season tournaments or tip-off games are going on is the best time of the year. There is just loads of great basketball games and the college football season is wrapping up with huge games.

41. KYBlueBeth
    10:59 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

2 great guys from my alma mater…Bryan Station, go Defenders! Those were the days.

42. Delk for 3
    11:01 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

39 — I totally agree. It shouldn’t take four years to get a “big jump” back up in respectability. It can be done in two or three. I don’t think people totally realize how bad of a coach Joker was, and that if he knew how to coach — just a little bit — then we would have looked so much better the last few seasons.

43. The Cliff
    11:03 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Great to hear about the baseball stadium rebuild. We do need a big time baseball stadium on campus. Kentucky coming up in a big way with all the renovations and rebuilds. Trust that the baseball stadium design is in great hands and we will be thoroughly surprised. Just worried that the RUPP and CWS renovations might not be par with where we want them.

44. UK2K
    11:05 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

35. Interesting, that would be huge and with Elam could lock us in Top 10. The chance of playing both ways and special teams what has his high on UK?

45. UK2K
    11:08 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

42. I agree, but curious how long it will take the fanbase to move forward and leave Joker and the past in the past. Stoops is moving forward and the fans need to also if we want this program to move to another level.

46. J in Orlando
    11:09 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

39 Problem with that theory is that we play UL out of conference while Vandy played no one of that caliber OOC….also, we do not have the guaranteed victory vs Vandy that they had with UK. If Stoops is ever going to get this program to a 7-8 win range it will absolutely take 4 years, although we can be a bowl team in year 3 (maybe 2 with some fortunate bounces of the ball).

47. Team limestone
    11:11 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

CWS NEEDS a KY Linestine facade!

48. UK2K
    11:14 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

46. Disagree, after this year UL will come back to normal and so will Vandy. I can see 7 wins in next 2-3 years

49. Awaiting Moderation
    11:14 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

What happens if Stoops says screw you all and goes and wins 6 lol….he deserves a shrine

50. WEAREUK
    11:14 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

47. bahahaha, cant even spell it.. Fail!!!!

51. Awaiting Moderation
    11:15 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I think stoops finds a way to win 5…. 3 gimmes, miss st. And missouri

52. TylerH
    11:16 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I think this team will surprise some people. I’m going with 5 wins.

53. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:16 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Win 4-5 games and be competitive in the others.

54. Al/in/Indy
    11:17 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Mike’s right, we as the BBN are going to have to be patient with coach Stoops…..We’re going to kick some ass in the next few years, but we’ll still lose some games. I just want us to be competitive these next few years until…..GO CATS!!!!

55. Chris
    11:17 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Anything better than last year is an improvement. I would guess 3-4 wins.

56. Delk for 3
    11:17 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

You don’t know who can or can’t shoot yet. Watching the Harrisons and Young, I can sense that they have very good form and will be solid outside shooters.

57. Awaiting Moderation
    11:19 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Aaron Harrison shot 42 percent from 3 in HS….James Young shot 40 percent and Andrew shot 38 percent….we are covered with shooting plus Alex had a high percentage last year too

58. TylerH
    11:19 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

36 – I am also very intrigued on the fate of Jesse also. He is by far my favorite character in the whole series.

59. Delk for 3
    11:19 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I don’t see anything more than two or three wins maximum. If we get four wins that is a great job by Stoops.

60. Al/in/Indy
    11:22 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Joann Kicks ass poor Vanetti ha ha ha

61. inlinefor9
    11:24 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

CommonCents/TylerH Keep trying to avoid your posts the past few days. Some of us haven’t seen the most recent season of Breaking Bad. It’s not on Netflix yet and they haven’t caught up yet on the re-runs yet. Was late to the show. I’m not mad at you guys, just try to not drop any spoilers for those of us who haven’t caught up yet.

62. Delk for 3
    11:24 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I really like Shannon The Dude and enjoy listening to him on the show. He’s an underrated asset to KSR.

63. tuxedo park
    11:25 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I just started re-watching the first episodes of this season last night. “Yeah bitch! MAGNETS!!!”

64. Delk for 3
    11:25 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

62 — You can watch them online on Project Free TV. That’s what I did.

65. tuxedo park
    11:27 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

i say jesse learns how much walt has been playing him, has a chance to kill him, but walks away and cleans up his life. redemption for jesse. on the other hand, Walt loses is family (in one way or another), loses his power, and the cancer comes back. hell for walt.

66. Common Cents
    11:29 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

inlinefor9,

My apologies. I’ll try to censor myself from now on. I wouldve hated for someone to spoil it for me. Happy watching!

67. Delk for 3
    11:30 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I hate what has happened with the YUM Center. What kind of city are we that we have one of the nation’s best arenas and there are only a handful of basketball games held there each year?

68. UK2K
    11:32 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

59. only 2 or 3 wins would mean u think WKU could beat us and we only win our non-conference games other than UL. Missouri and Tennessee at home will be chance for us to get a W. I really hope ur just sandbagging

69. WEAREUK
    11:33 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Im setting Wins at 4.5

70. Delk for 3
    11:33 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

We are pretty much just a year away from the PGA Championship at Valhalla. What a fantastic event that always is. Nothing will match the Ryder Cup, but a major championship is pretty cool and the last one with the Tiger Woods/Bob May battle was epic.

71. Team Limestone
    11:34 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

50. Yea that was horrible lol. Big fingers on iPhone problems. Please no linestine, just limestone.

72. Rockfield, KY
    11:34 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

The Embers FTW

73. TylerH
    11:34 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

61 – sorry about that. You are right though, I apologize for any spoilers. I know a lot of people are trying to catch up before next weekend.

74. Jennifer Palumbo
    11:34 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

I hope Joanne comes to Coach Cal’s women’s clinic this year. I want him to meet her. I hope y’all tune in tomorrow when Jeremy Jarmon and I fill in. Let me know if you have any requests.

75. Ole D-white
    11:35 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Can someone please auto tune and dubb Jolene’s call to some music?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

76. Ole D-white
    11:36 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Joanne, not Jolene lol

77. Delk for 3
    11:38 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

70 — I do think Western can beat us. It’s the very first game and anything can happen.

78. realme
    11:41 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

75, looking forward to it. Any more Gillispie stories?

79. I'm only worried about the players
    11:47 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

If they play anymore damn Zz top or Bon jovi. I’ll rip every speaker out of CWS.

80. ktmiln2
    11:50 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Danny whining about something? Must be another day that ends in “y.”

81. DCat
    11:52 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Danny needs to bring his own music and listen in the stands. I have season tickets to football and certainly don’t want to hear the Eagles, ZZ top or anybody like that. I’m 50 and a woman and want to hear 2Chainz, Lil Wayne, JayZ, Drake and many more like them. Startin From the Bottom Now We’re Here!!!!!!!!!!

82. UK2K
    11:53 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Stanley Boom Johnson lol AKA his real name Stanley Boom Williams

83. Razr Raybob
    11:57 am July 30, 2013 Permalink

Great show. Covered all 3 major sports. something for everyone.

84. jpizzle
    12:12 pm July 30, 2013 Permalink

74- We are catching up at home and when the final call begins on 8/11 we will be all caught up. AMC has been running marathons late on Friday night/ early Saturday mornings. We are still back in season 3 but based on what I have seen to that point, I don’t expect Jesse (love his character) or Hank to survive. Walt? Skyler I don’t know either. I just hope nothing bad happens to the one decent character on the show Walt Jr. Kid’s going to be scarred for life. Great show!

85. Guy from Youtube
    1:00 pm July 30, 2013 Permalink

Joann sounds just like that guy with the UK related You Tube videos. I can’t think of his name but sounds just like him with a voice changer. The one that KSR always posts here that gives his views. I think he made one after UL won the title and wore a UL toboggan and then ripped it off with a UK one. Do you know who I am talking about? I would bet money Joann is that guy.

86. Mike
    5:57 pm July 30, 2013 Permalink

I just got finished listening to the 1st hour of today’s podcast; Shannon the Dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about when it comes to this 2010 vs 2012 matchup. He’s obviously bought in to this idea that because the 2012 team won the championship that they have some kind of special “cohesiveness” that the 2010 did not have. His, as well as Mike Pratt’s, argument was based completely on intangibles, and then Shannon actually criticizes the defenders of the 2010 team for analyzing the individual players, as if the people that are actually playing against each other in the game don’t matter. Lol. Should we be focusing on the equipment managers instead of the players Shannon? You can’t just toss out the matchups as if they are completely insignificant compared to the all-important stat of “cohesiveness”. I love the 2012 team with all my heart and would never sell them short, they were a great team, but if Shannon doesn’t mind I’d just like to run down the rosters of these 2 teams. The 2010 team had John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Patrick Patterson, DeMarcus Cousins, Daniel Orton, Darius Miller, DeAndre Liggins, Darnell Dodson, Perry Stephenson, Ramon Harris, and Josh Harrellson, versus the 2012 team which had Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Terrence Jones, Anthony Davis, Darius Miller, Kyle Wiltjer, and Eloy Vargas. The 2010 team was so good and so loaded that future pros like Daniel Orton and DeAndre Liggins barely got to play and future pro Josh Harrellson didn’t get to play at all, not to mention the limited minutes of Perry Stephenson and Ramon Harris, 2 seniors and former starters. But MAINLY I have a big problem with this idea that the 2012 team had some kind of special “cohesion” that the 2010 team didn’t have, an idea that is based on nothing other than the fact that the 2012 team won a national championship and the 2010 team did not, which is just absurd. The 2010 team DID NOT lose to WVU because of some kind of lack of togetherness, there were no selfish players that cost them the game, they simply had 1 bad shooting night, but they would’ve beat the pants off of any team in that year’s NCAA touney in a 7 game series. While the NCAA tourney is very entertaining, it is far from the ideal way to determine who the best college basketball team is in any given year. The 1991 UNLV team is probably the best college basketball team in the modern era (other than maybe the 1996 UK team!), and they did not win a national championship that year either. Shannon’s and Mike’s analysis of the matchup is based almost entirely on sentimental feelings for the 2012 team, not on any kind of facts or logic concerning what would actually transpire on the basketball court, and I find it to be a pretty ridiculous argument. Better luck next time guys!!