As Matt says sometimes, “it’s late and I’m tired”. So, these are going to be pretty abbreviated. Don’t take it as a sign of total disregard for me fake job here at KSR. Take it as a sign of respect for you and your unbridled excitement over Friday’s SEC matchup with Alabama. Will words make that passion stronger? Of course not. So why even try?
– The biggest news on Thursday in terms of UK impact was Alabama’s rally from 18-down to beat South Carolinain the first round of the SEC tournament. Bama’s comeback ensured them of a Friday beatdown at the hands of the Cats because that’s what happens to teams that get out-rebounded, out-shot and have more turnovers than assists against South Carolina. It’s incredible that Alabama won that game.
– A year ago, the SEC was the most criticized conference in the country and was staring at the likelihood of only receiving two bids into the NCAA tournament. This year, things are much different. Kentucky, Tennessee and Vanderbilt are all locks and Florida punched their ticket tonight with a win over Auburn, you’d have to assume. The Gators, who have stuggled mightily lately, could further improve their status on Friday with a win over Missisippi State, the West’s #1. However, a Bulldog win could launch them in to the tourney, giving the SEC yet another team.
– After a scare against LSU, the hottest topic in the Tennessee locker room was the apparently tight rims that caused the Vols so much trouble with their shooting (their words). Head coach Bruce Pearl got in on the action saying, “We looked like Kentucky out there launching those things”, a referece to is team’s 4-23 shooting from downtown.
– What would SEC tourney time be without football news? Rob Gidel reported on Cats Pause that Jordan Aumiller will move to tight endfrom linebacker, guaranteeing that 95% of message board comments about him in his career will compare him to Jacob Tamme. Is it fair? No, but that’s football. Deal with it. Rob also says Minnesota transfer Terrell Combs will play defensive end.
– Coach Cal got himself focused on Alabama today. Here is what he had to say about the Crimson Tide:
Stay tuned throughout the day for the running SEC blog and coverage of the Cats’ 1pm showdown with the Alabama Crimson Tide. And, if you’re bored, don’t forget to check out “One Blogging Moment” over on CBSSports.com. We’ll see you in a few…