Sunday’s Links brought to you by America

Well, this is gonna be an odd day.  To piggyback on what Tyler said last night, it’s hard to believe it has been 10 years since the terrorists attacks on 9-11.  And above all else, I consider that day and every anniversary since then a wave of mixed emotions.  There is the anger that terrorists were able to execute such a plan.  The sorrow at the lives of the men, women, and children who died that day.  The pride at our military response and the bravery of those men and women overseas.  And even today, the shock of just how much our world and country have changed in the last 10 years because of that one day.

But then you realize how lucky we are in this country to be able present a blog like this, free to basically say what we want.  And how lucky we are to watch an amazing game like NFL football begin again today.  And the general freedom that we have in this country, and knowing that 9-11 did not take that away.  That is the greatest feeling that I feel on this day: the feeling that the terrorists did not win the war.  We are still America, and that attack did not take away the basic freedoms we have.  So, I still consider myself lucky to live in this country, even with the mourning that we suffer with today.

With that said, let’s do something fairly unimportant and celebrate a college teams accomplishments:

-Morgan Newton shows he has a little running ability

-Louisville looking to eliminate mistakes before facing UK

-Technical foul led to Sam Malone‘s journey to Kentucky

Perry Ellis sets in-home visit with UK for September 16th

Alabama shows SEC superior, crushes Penn State on the road

-UK volleyball continues strong play, sweeps pair of matches

God Bless America.

Article written by Bryan the Intern

11 Comments for Sunday’s Links brought to you by America

1. Confusing
    10:16 am September 11, 2011 Permalink

I don’t understand why we get exicted over another SEC team winning to me it seems like were not good enough so we have to hide behind different schools

2. Confusing
    10:17 am September 11, 2011 Permalink

I don’t understand why we get exicted over another SEC team winning it seems like were not good enough so we have to hide behind different schools

3. UKChill Fan
    10:42 am September 11, 2011 Permalink

When you link Tipturd you are supposed to warn us. BTI = fail

4. catfan
    11:02 am September 11, 2011 Permalink

#3 Exactly how many attacks have happened on the soil of the USA since 9-11? False sense of security??? Please

5. catfan
    11:05 am September 11, 2011 Permalink

Sorry UKChill Fan. Not meant for you!

6. BTI = n00b
    11:52 am September 11, 2011 Permalink

Let’s not brag about SEC schools beating anyone until we can blow out MAC schools.

7. Owen
    11:58 am September 11, 2011 Permalink

Hey, BTI, remember when you tweeted that people who said Morgan was a mobile QB were doing it for racial reasons?

8. mike
    1:52 pm September 11, 2011 Permalink

With 3 Kansas teams in pursuit of Ellis there has to be little chance that he will come to UK….has got to be too much in-state pressure….you have to think KU is in the driver’s seat on this one.

9. Wscomb0
    7:37 pm September 11, 2011 Permalink

hard to imagine that whitney houston was a respectable person before she began taking cocaine and was married to bobby brown.

10. Bryan the Intern
    8:25 pm September 11, 2011 Permalink

7) Hey Owen, remember when Newton only ran for 43 yards on 13 carries and you acted like he was Mike Vick?

11. Tampa Amy
    9:00 pm September 11, 2011 Permalink

#9- yeah, but it pi%$#$ me off to think that this rendition of the SSB was pre-recorded! I expect pre-recorded now at many events, and I get that it’s done for many different reasons. But as someone in the business (I’m an actor/singer), it still gets to me when I know that I always have to perform live and deliver every time. Why couldn’t she?