Hey, weddings aren’t just for cougars. Apparently, Scratch likes celebrating the joining of two people as well. Check out the pics at MaryLashbrook.com. Then, go ahead and book him for your next anniversary party or baptism.
A few notes…..
– As you read this, the football team is going at it again, just 24 hours removed from a scrimmage that did little to establish a leader at the quarterback position. With each passing practice, it becomes increasingly imperative for a starting quarterback to be named. This is the third consecutive year that Mike Hartline finds himself battling with a quarterback who is believed to be more versatile and have bigger upside. If we’ve learned nothing else, it’s that the chemistry between quarterback and receivers is the difference between sufficient and sucking. I don’t want the passing game to suck. Someone needs to establish themselves.
– In case you missed it yesterday, UK picked up a commitment from 2011 offensive lineman Nick Martin, the son of a former Wildcat. Martin becomes the 17th member of Joker Phillips’ true first class and it’s a class that’s shaping up quite nicely. While the headlining trademark of Joker’s recruiting is the speed, it’s clear that he is also not forsaking the emphasis on the offensive and defensive lines that became a staple of the Rich Brooks Era. UK had a number of skilled players at the skilled positions, but it was the depth of the offensive and defensive line that made them truly competitive in the SEC. Martin’s commitment, along with Darrian Miller and even the late addition of Elliot Porter confirm that focus. And, by the way, Martin crushes people.
– Speaking of offensive lineman focus, Lexington Christian offensive lineman Zach West will announce his college on Wednesday. The 6’5″, 305 pounder will choose between UK, Penn State and Tennessee in an 11 a.m. press conference. He is rated as Rivals’ #59 offensive tackle and as Scout.com’s #16 guard.
– After all of the buildup during the work week, the weekend has brought little in the world of DeAndre Daniels. He is still considering schools and is still expected to play college basketball this year. Outside of that, it’s all been a little quiet.
– Finally, this is old. Very old. But, in a fit of boredom today, I came across it online and thought it was mildly interesting. I guess the man who goes by The Big Black Member is getting along quite nicely at Duquesne after not getting along with Billy Gillispie (not a surprise) and heart surgery (ummm, surprise).
That’s it. I’m going swimming. If there’s any breaking news, could someone post it? Thanks.