Sunday Sunday Sunday Morning Links

memes_its_sunday_sunday_memebase_10-s420x420-152557

Good morning lovely KSR readers.  I hope you’re doing well, and not too hungover from the 10th ‘Drew Franklin is moving to Louisville,’ party last night.  We’ve still got a few more for you over the next week, so get your hydration going and gear back up.  Until then, here are a few morning links to get your Sunday started right.

— A lot of the talk the past few days has focused around potential freshmen contributions to the revamped Wildcat offense.  Jody Demling has Joker’s take from media day on the matter.

— Meanwhile, Eric Lindsey from Cat Scratches says not to forget about the veterans, even if the freshmen look ready to go.  Lindsey notes Adams and King as potential play makers, but also Gene McCaskill, a guy we’re all wanting to see get a fair shake out on the field.

— There’s been some debate over whether or not Calipari was taking a swing at Coach K the past few days, with most national writers saying he did, and most local writers saying ‘eh, dunno about that.’  Gary Parrish sides with the national writers in this piece, detailing why it was classic Calipari.

— The wonderful Mr. Hays linked to this yesterday, but with the new Ponzi scheme developments, I figure Billy Gillispie could use a little extra good press.  If you missed it, Andy Katz wrote a nice piece detailing how Clyde’s life has taken some rough turns post Kentucky, but he has ultimately landed back in Texas where he belongs.

— The fans in Wisconsin already love him, and we already miss him.  Randall Cobb gets praise for using his head as much as his natural talent.  He’s gonna be a star.

— Finally, here’s a video of the World University Games Team USA’s scrimmage against the Air Force.  It’s not quite as cool as scrimmaging against the Dominican Republic, but Darius is in there so make sure you watch it.

Article written by Will Lentz

13 Comments for Sunday Sunday Sunday Morning Links

1. Dane Brammage
    10:11 am August 7, 2011 Permalink

First, you must read about BCG.

2. Huck13
    10:40 am August 7, 2011 Permalink

For the young ones, if freshmen have much of anything to do with a SEC football team, especially a door mat school like us, that team is gonna suck. Mix that in with a QB that can hit the side of a barn 2 times out of 20 and you got it. PS – I sure hope I’m wrong but I started UK in 1982 and have seen and heard so much useless hype before. Baby HS punks are not going to thump 5 year older dudes that have their eye on the NFL.

3. Agree
    11:02 am August 7, 2011 Permalink

2.) Agree its every year we are over the hump and going to win 9-10 games. The predictions on some of these sites are hysterical. I remember last year the same thing we are going to win 9-10 even 11 games from the majority of the fans. This year is no different. Funny how fans forget how bad the defense was last year and we lost all our play-makers on offense. I mean seriously I just see the 6 wins again and maybe 5 if UL beats us.

4. Poco Chang
    11:12 am August 7, 2011 Permalink

2,3 Go whine somewhere else. Losers. I’m glad I don’t have to depend on you two for anything.

5. RealTalk
    11:15 am August 7, 2011 Permalink

That is an excellent article about Randall Cobb. Good read.

6. Faith
    11:23 am August 7, 2011 Permalink

2,3…Why in the world would you even come on here and talk about our boys like that. So what if they say we’re on the verge every year. We are always good for at least one big win against a team we aren’t supposed to beat and always are in position to pull off a couple more of those against other quality SEC opponents. I firmly believe that this year could just as well be that year as any year could be. I see a very good chance at a 9-3 record this year (Florida, LSU, and Georgia being the possible losses) and it’s “fans” like you guys that don’t deserve to celebrate when we actually pull it off.

7. og68
    12:34 pm August 7, 2011 Permalink

Faith,an outstanding tribute!!With Mother Angelica’s presence you have a true example of faith and perseverence!!

8. Pary Garrish
    12:36 pm August 7, 2011 Permalink

Woooo I’m at it again! Anything for those angry page clicks from Cat fans. You Cat people get so offended when I re-hash old rumors that are probably not true, I just couldn’t resist jumping on the Team Coach K bandwagon because no one is reading my “5 things to know about the Yellow Jackets.” Ain’t I a stinker?

9. ummm
    1:42 pm August 7, 2011 Permalink

3. I agree that us cat fans are usually pretty optimistic about the season, before it starts. More times than not I have been disappointed. However, I will take the last few years over what we had before. At least we are winning more than 2 or 3 games and actually competing in the majority of them. As far as the majority of fans thinking we would win 11 games last year. Where did you get that info. Other than an occasional overly optimistic fan, no one thought we would win 11 games lat year. I actually read several sites and that was not the case at all. The majority thought it would be a 6, 7, or 8 win team, with a few predicting 9 or 10.

10. ThrobnThor
    2:54 pm August 7, 2011 Permalink

Forget about the young, inexperienced players. What about an idiot coach that will punt the ball on fourth down with the game on the line without any hope of seeing the the ball again, (Knoxville last yr.). Doesnt inspire much hope does it #6?

11. golf packages website
    10:24 am August 8, 2011 Permalink

Cool Stuff you have here. I know you are on to something.

12. Faith
    1:09 pm August 8, 2011 Permalink

11…What about that time he beat the Ol’ Ball Coach in Commonwealth? Something that hadn’t done by ANY Kentucky coach EVER. Kentucky football is at a huge disadvantage when it comes to recruiting in the SEC. So do you know how we win games? By out-coaching the other team that often times has a little bit more athleticism and firepower than we do. So he made a mistake on a call or two last season, but what coach didn’t? I’d have loved to have seen how we would’ve faired last season with you at the coaching reigns. I believe in our players and our coach. You can say what you want but I’ll stand my ground all day.