Q: Why are all the trees in Kentucky leaning to the south?
A: Because Tennessee sucks and Ohio blows.
Grab a friend or two and link in arms like you’re playing Red Rover to celebrate the University of Kentucky football victory over Kent State. This year’s second college football Saturday left us Cat fans with a little better taste in our mouths than the first. Sip your coffee and catch up on yesterday’s happenings…
– The Wildcats closed out Kent State 47-14, allowing Maxwell Smith to receive one of five ESPN SEC helmet stickers for this week for his 354 yard, 4 touchdown performance.
– Speaking on the game, scroll down or click here to read Rashawn Franklin’s great postgame wrap-up below.
– Next week’s football opponent, Western Kentucky, got the brakes beat off them by Alabama. 35-0. Three fumbles and an interception won’t help you. Here’s to the UK boys getting some fortunate breaks against the Hilltoppers.
– On the other side of the state, Eastern Kentucky got their first win of the season against fellow Kentuckians Morehead State.
– That other division one football team in the Commonwealth won yesterday too. This one came against Missouri State. Teddy Bridgewater completed the same ratio of passes as Max Smith yesterday — 30 for 39. Clint Hurtt took Teddy out for steak and strippers afterwards to celebrate his career high in yards.
– Hey, even the New York Post is commenting on the swagged-out new UK basketball dorm. I think I’m going to go back to undergrad just to be one of the ‘regular’ students living there.
– In the spandex sports world, UK volleyball lost to top-ranked Nebraska in four games.