– Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has no doubts his team will show up to play the Cats tonight. A lot of people would be asking for a refund if they didn’t.
– You can take the football players out of South Carolina, but you can’t take the South Carolina out of the football players. Four Tiger reserves were suspended after missing curfew.
– Greenville Online writes that Dabo Swinney and his Tigers haven’t celebrated the holidays this year. It’s been all business.
– Jody Demling (on the Music City Bowl beat?) writes over at the C-J that UK is looking forward to trying to stop CJ Spiller. I’m just looking forward to all the one-liners his last name will bring.
– The Item (which is what we also call Matt and Drew), says the Clemson seniors hope this will be their day, as they look to win their first bowl game.
– The Tennessean says that UK’s running game and kick returns could give Clemson fits, as they’ve struggled with both all year.
– They also take a look at two high-powered offenses featured in the Music City Bowl.
– Sports Illustrated’s Stewart Mandel picks the Cats, 26-21.
– Speaking of football, take a look at the Kentucky All-State Football team, which should not be confused with the Kentucky Football team presented by Allstate.
– In the wake of Urban Meyer’s resignation (he was just going to sit out half the game, but Brandon Spikes said retiring was more appropriate), Charlie Strong could be a candidate since he hasn’t signed a contract at Louisville yet…..according to this blog.
– On the basketball side, John Wall was named the Charlotte Observer’s biggest Carolina name for 2009. Mike Krzkyslkanndooski was the longest.
– Meanwhile, Coach Cal made the 10 quotes to remember this decade in the Memphis Commercial-Appeal. Given all the good things he did there, it’s kind of surprising the one they used.
– The Orlando Sentinel calls Cal “the face of college hoops”, but not in a good way. The Gators were picked as the genital herpes of college hoops and they should show up again in another 10 years or so.
– Finally, get your Tom Leach audio on with these two clips:
– If you’re in Nashville, expect to see a lot of this tonight. Go Cats.