Sunday Morning Links for everyone not on a boat somewhere

Hello, America. It’s Fourth of July weekend so I’m sure a lot of you are out enjoying the outdoors and the beautiful weather somewhere. I hope you get Wi-Fi wherever that may be. Why? Because I made you links. Now put the roman candles down and enjoy them. It’s 10:00 AM, for Pete’s sake. Save those colorful explosives for tonight.

— When Mary Jo Perino writes something, we click it: Several former Cats likely to spend the summer in Lexington.

— Doug Harrellson has always relied on jean shorts in warm weather. ‘That’s something we do here in Missouri.”

— Not all of Billy Gillispie’s money from UK went to night golf and Dr. Pepper, Billy G was an investor in an illegal ponzi scheme.

— Calipari, NBA. Calipari, NBA. Calipari, NBA. Calipari, NBA.

— Las Cruces Sun-News on Tony Delk’s new job as an assistant at New Mexico State

I’m looking forward to spending this long, newsless day with you.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

23 Comments for Sunday Morning Links for everyone not on a boat somewhere

1. Billy G.
    10:06 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

Hope Tony is around in August for the annual gala charity event. I was looking forward to shaking hands with one of UK’s greatest and most beloved players. Best of luck Tony.

2. bung
    10:07 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

any good stories about Coach Rupp’s undefeated squad?

3. manbearpig
    10:13 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

I look at this picture and I feel part of my soul disappearing. So cold. So cold

4. RonH
    10:22 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

If NBA Lockout last until actual practice starts can former players still work out with team? Also if former players around can recruits meet,talk and play against? I am sure there NCAA rules against some of this if not NCAA will make new “UK rules”.

5. duhville cat
    10:28 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

Thanks for coming in today Drew. Now…. entertain us dammit!

6. ukcat1
    10:59 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

I had same questions as #4…Does the rules differ if the former players are students? How to you get to be a student as quickly if not enrolled? The UK summer session is approximately half way thru. Is there going to be special classes for them? A lot of questions? Let us hear from Sandy Bell

7. Judge Roy Bean
    11:15 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

Bung, why don’t you share some of your priceless wit with us? I guess you get what you pay for these days.

8. bung
    11:19 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

7) Gosh, I thought those kind of stories might be interesting in the off season…sorry if I offended you.

9. tdogg4033011
    11:24 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

5) dont worry about Drew …. Ha!!!

10. invisibleink
    11:34 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

Billy G says: “That Ponzi Scheme just didn’t work hard enough!”

11. 5th wilbury
    11:46 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

test

12. JMan
    11:52 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

Could that picture be any more white

13. 101blue
    11:57 am July 3, 2011 Permalink

Hey Now!!!!

I just started a Kentucky Sports Travel Group at Meetup.com

I’m looking to get UK fans together to travel to any away games in Basketball or Football.

14. duhville cat
    12:09 pm July 3, 2011 Permalink

9) Sup witcha Fu$&-stick? I’m not worried… just stuck at work… all weekend… FML.
    BTW, sssshhhaaaddd-up.

15. tdogg4033011
    12:17 pm July 3, 2011 Permalink

14) fu$& stick??? What the hell?? lol … You know know I’m just messin with ya, you
    makin all that money workin on the 4th weekend … thats why I’m broke.

16. duhville cat
    12:23 pm July 3, 2011 Permalink

15) nope. Wife and kids are why ur broke. Me too.

17. 5th wilbury
    12:32 pm July 3, 2011 Permalink

18. INKYfan
    12:47 pm July 3, 2011 Permalink

disposable youth!

19. Jimmy Buffett
    1:07 pm July 3, 2011 Permalink

20. Josh
    1:48 pm July 3, 2011 Permalink

Why some people have a problem with bluejean shorts is crazy. I see young men walking around with thier drawers borderline falling off with underwear showing and no one says a word. Bluejean shorts are the country boys second wardrobe. The styles of today could use some jean shorts instead of some of the crap I see the younger set wearing. You have got to be chitting me. Jean shorts are the DEAL imo.

21. Huck13
    5:02 pm July 3, 2011 Permalink

how bad would it be if they did the ponzi scheme people like Bloody Mary did the ones that were reading the bible? or even someone that said that the sun was the center of it all.

22. bung
    9:58 am July 4, 2011 Permalink

23. Kaiser Redwood city
    3:51 pm July 4, 2011 Permalink

hello there and thank you for your information — I have definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again soon..