Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new career scoring leader, which only means one thing. Lones, you’ve earned the return of Seiber Girl this morning. Congrats, buddy.
– The always well dressed Chip Cosby says Lones Seiber’s big day was just part of the total special teams effort that turned out to be very positive for the Cats.
– Brett Dawson has a couple of football related notes, including Seiber’s quiet record and Trevard Lindley’s injury.
– The Mobile Press-Register says that Alabama’s emphasis on forcing turnovers paid off against Kentucky when their offense was struggling.
– Here’s a pretty brief and efficient look at yesterday’s game by the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.
– TideSports.com says the Alabama defense stepped up when it needed to and saved the day for Nick Saban’s team.
– They also add that the 97-yard drive in the second quarter changed the game in favor of the Tide.
– Mark Story writes that the Kentucky receivers need to improve and help Mike Hartline out.
– The C-J’s weekend basketball notebook runs down a couple of notes, including Calipari talking down the preseason expectations yet again. Eric Bledsoe, though, says the team talks about going undefeated all the time.
– The good doctor, Jerry Tipton, talks to John Calipari about game-day practices, which Coach says probably won’t be on the agenda this year.
Also, don’t forget to tune into 970AM in Louisville or listen online at LouisvilleSportsBuzz.com this morning to Matt Jones and Dave Ragone. The fun starts at 11.