Happy Union Dissolution Day, Norwegian KSR fans!
– John Clay writes a great piece on how the “NCAA’s woes are not the NBA’s problems”.
– The good doctor, Jerry Tipton, pens a story of how NCAA coaches should take more accountability for infractions and makes a comparison of Calipari-Memphis to Mumme-UK.
– The C-J’s Sunday basketball notebook talks about the crazy ride for the UK assistants and runs down a couple of other UK related notes.
– The Baltimore Sun writes that the Barton brothers were assured by Josh Pastner that the NCAA situation will not affect them at all. The story also does not list Kentucky as one of the schools they picked Memphis over. Probably just a typo though.
– Dan Wolken at the Memphis Commerical Appeal says that Josh Pastner’s recruiting credibility continues to grow and cites the commitment of the Barton brothers.
– David Climer at The Tennessean also writes that the NBA rule is making a mockery of the college game, but he’s not John Clay so he doesn’t get top billing here.
– Ray Melick of the Birmingham News writes that UK should include a clause in Calipari’s contract requiring him to help defend the school should it find itself in NCAA hot water.
– Boston general manager Danny Ainge was among 20 GMs watching Jodie Meeks work out in Minnesota last week.
– Matt’s favorite celebrity, Heidi Pratt, was rushed to the hospital. Apparently, the toll of not having a label on her shampoo bottle has become too much.