– Yesterday, Kentucky Speedway held its inaugural Sprint Cup race, with Kyle Busch winning after 400-miles. Are you guys big NASCAR fans? The KSR compound is only allowed to put races featuring Derrike Cope on the tv.
– Speaking of the race, the Quaker State 400 drew over 100,000 folks, causing insane traffic, drunken havock, and many a chest to be freed from the constraints of shirts. THIS. IS. SPARTA!
– One final race note – some say NASCAR took a risk with the race because the Kentucky Speedway doesn’t have enough safety barriers.
– Okay, I don’t like racing either so let’s move on to basketball – Anthony Davis is ready to destroy people next year, and Jared Sullinger had this to say about him:
“(Davis) is going to be good,” Sullinger told reporters. “He’s not as strong as he needs to be, but he’s strong enough to keep you honest. … It should be special for him this year.”
– Another article discusses the idea of pay-for-play in college athletics, using Calipari as an example with his ideas of providing living expenses for players.. Where do you guys stand on the issue?
– The University of Kentucky morgue got rid of an unclaimed body yesterday. UK fans clamored to see if it was Jerry Tipton, but then they realized he’s posting 30 blogs a day about recruiting so it couldn’t be him. [disclaimer – merely a joke, KSR does not wish death on anyone, not even Tipton. We only expect the death of his writing career to be imminent.]
– NBC made this fail: