Sometimes you just need to be sad and stare at (and maybe click) some links. After a disappointing (but not totally unexpected) road loss to Arkansas, it feels like we are both to bubble watch for the Cats – which is honestly a place I never envisioned UK under Calipari, especially this year. It’s been an unfortunate chain of events this year, but all is not lost. Wins over Georgia and Florida lock up a tournament spot, and even a split between those games can get them in with a decent SEC tournament showing added on.
Let’s take a look at the morning links:
– For lack of a better term, USA Today calls this UK team “soft” and closer to the edge. Can’t say it’s too far from the truth.
– Speaking of the edge, the Bubble Watch is in full effect. Lunardi had Ole Miss in and Kentucky out, but this Bubble Watch puts Ole Miss out and destroys their resume. According to this, the Cats still have time to prove their worth.
– In a conference of teams fumbling around, Arkansas needed that home win against Kentucky badly.
– Ashley Judd basically had her D.C. try out. Man, this is going to be incredibly intriguing to watch play out.
– The KHSAA Boys’ Sweet Sixteen is fast approaching. The battles are already intense – No. 2 Ballard beat No. 1 trinity last night to go to Rupp as the 7th Region winner. Many contend the 7th Region is the most stacked in the state, but could we see another sleeper cinderella story like the 15th Region’s Shelby Valley this year?
– Some guy named Reid Forgrave wants to tell you 50 Things You Should Know About March Madness. No. 11 – “What’s up with Kentucky? They’re young.” Wise observation, sir.
– George Clooney’s tiny bluegrass high school of Augusta is getting some press.
– In pro hoops news, a more passionate John Wall has emerged in Washington. Again, we hope this type of attiitude sticks and doesn’t fade with time.
That’s enough to go along with your coffee. Stay tunes for more as the day goes on.