Good morning, friends. What a night, am I right? I’m totally going to call you out on that thing you did, but for now I’m just not going to bring it up. Because that’s how friends roll. Hope you guys got some rest because it’s going to be a busy day. Actually, that’s not true at all. There’s a pretty good chance it will be terribly boring, but we’ll keep you updated on anything happening in the UK world. Now, some links to go with your coffee…
– SEMI-BREAKING // INTERESTING – Larry Vaught passes on word this morning that Joe B. Hall fully supports Bobby Petrino as UK’s next head football coach. Wow. More on that later, as Hall has some interesting quotes.
– After a week with bad news for a couple of their freshman, Indiana picked up a commitment from Noah Vonleh, 6-9 PF who just reclassified to the class of 2013. He’s currently ranked #7 overall in his class. No word yet on what booster will adopt Vonleh and how many games he’ll sit out to start out his freshman year a la Parea and Jurkin.
– DeMarcus Cousins took some heat for ‘talking trash’ to Tim Duncan. Watch a short clip, as Cousins apparently responded to and confronted reporter and former NBA-er Sean Elliot as he thought his comments were immature.
– Here’s a fun little clip of the Lob City action that’s happened between LeBron James and Dwyane Wade since joining forces.
– Former UofL player Chris Smith admits he can’t decide between Louisville and Manhattan (both former schools), proving the old saying true: “Once a Card…well, kind of a Card.”
– After putting up great numbers versus the Cats, Maryland’s Alex Len is picking up some positive reviews from NBA scouts.
– Former Florida player Brad Beal got hit with a big flagrant foul call, but it was downgraded. Not something I expected from the calm, cool, and collected rookie who is playing alongside Wall in Washington. It seems the NBA made the right call in downgrading.
– Jody Demling writes on the fact that Pitino almost retired two years ago, but he is now raring to go for the long haul.
Stick around folks.