Sunday Morning Lincoln Logs

Y’all, was yesterday the best day of college basketball this year, or was it the best day of college basketball this year? An impressively terrifying/terrifyingly impressive #10 Florida win over #17 Mizzou, a Louisville loss at home during their second game ranked as #1, a Butler buzzer beater, and of course, a Kentucky win- I was pretty much locked in my basement the entire day, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. And now that I’ve been reminded of how easy it is to fall asleep at night after a 22-point UK win, I’ve woken up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to bring you your links.

-Want to relive the magic? Coach Cal’s website provides the game coverage you’re craving.

-John Clay notes that the Cats feel right at home on the road, despite their early struggles as the away team this season.

-It wouldn’t be an Auburn game without Charles Barkley showing up to say something attention-grabbing, and luckily, he didn’t disappoint. During the second half while Kentucky was blowing the game open, Sir Charles argued that no current Kentucky players are ready for the NBA and that just because the one-and-done rule exists, doesn’t mean players should leave after just one year.  Read up, I have a feeling we’ll be talking about this one today.

-Do you enjoy reading about NCAA regulations on a Sunday morning? You’re in luck- the newly simplified rules include unlimited texting and contact through social media between coaches and recruits, as well as no restrictions on printed recruiting material a coach can give to a potential player (show of hands, who actually knew that was a rule?)

-And finally, to end on a “Know Your Enemy” type of note, Gary Parrish and his frosted tips ask “Is Florida just going to run through the SEC?” While Florida’s play so far makes them a possible dark horse for title contenders in March, I think the answer to this question is “Not if Nerlens Noel has anything to say about it.”

Don’t touch that dial! @KristenGeilKSR

Article written by Kristen Geil

22 Comments for Sunday Morning Lincoln Logs

1. Matt
    10:08 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

GO CATS!!!!!!!!

2. ARLO GIVENS
    10:09 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone even know who I am? #1

I am thoroughly disappointed if not….

3. niaps
    10:09 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

The gayturds have everything to be an SEC champ and more. If Mo. is any good at all then then Billy has him another NCAA champ. The tigers looked awful and gave up easy basket after easy basket. Louisville and Fld. in finals as of right now just because of defense.
    The Cats are getting better and should do well from here on but just not in same category as Fld.

4. eastcoastcat
    10:13 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Cats startin to click. Look out haters!!!!

5. Random Goober
    10:21 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Two things from last night … Noel has the first triple double since 1988 if no first half foul trouble. Matt Doherty is a horrible broadcaster, nearly as bad as Packer.

6. Matt
    10:24 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Noel: Do you like parodies?
    Sullivan: huh?
    Noel: You know, like a pair of Deez NUTS ENYA Mouth?!

7. Chris
    10:29 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

I agree 100% with chuck. Even Nerlens isn’t ready to play in the nba despite the fact that he will be the number one pick. That being said I think if your gonna be a top 10 pick you have to go and Archie Alex and Nerlens are all projected to be top ten. They all need to improve but if you are a projected top 10 pick I think you have to go.

8. Wildcat502
    10:30 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Barkley maybe correct. Noel is ready defensively but lacks offensively. Poythress is too soft right now, Goodwin is too out of control, playing high school AAU ball on several occasions and Cauley-Stein still lacks consistency and is out of position on several occasions. Finally, Kyle can shoot when open, but his release is slow and he doesnt get a lot of height on his jumper.
    So do they have a lot of upside?? Sure, but they are about 2 to 3 years away. The NBA drafts on upside, so they will go early in the draft, but they are still a few years away.

9. LincolnLogged
    10:34 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

hmmmm,watta coincidence, in that i just plunged my “sunday morning lincoln logggggg” deeply within my hottttie’s joooooociest boX…….watt a divine way 2commence the day!!!! (LMFAO)

10. Roland
    10:35 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Elephant hat on Sullivan? think about it.

11. Gooseman
    10:44 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

How is Florida a dark horse for the title when they are ranked 10th in the country? They will be ranked higher when the new rankings come out. I would say they are a title contender.

12. Round Mound of Rebound wrong
    10:49 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens is ready for the NBA

13. Them
    10:51 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

There were smiles on the court, and looked like they were having fun. Pherhaps this is the start of something good,

14. dave
    11:04 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

11-historically, (18 of past 20 years) you need to be ranked a top 10, well, top 7-8 team, by now if you expect to have a realistic shot at winning the title.
    technically, since UF is only 10th they could be considered a dark horse team after KU, duke, IU, cuse, etc. i’d put them in the top 3-4 of odds-on-favorites to win it though.

15. wildcat502
    11:07 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Last night, the Cats looked better than they have all year. They played as a team, took good shots and they looked like they were having fun, plus they showed some passion to be on the court. Keep improving and we`ll be ok come March.

16. Ridge Runner
    11:17 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

If I was them I would go to the nba and become an instant millionaire, I would not listen to comments on KSR telling me how I am not as good as Kevin Durrant yet so I should stay at Kentucky to work on that… Lol @ 7 thinks even the number one pick should stay.

17. Rixter
    11:21 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

I have NO doubt that several of these player would be drafted (if they decide to go), simply because they are at Kentucky. I also have NO doubt that any of them would spend considerable time in the D League

18. Delk for 3
    11:35 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

17 – I firmly believe Poythress and Goodwin will NOT be first-round picks after this season. Noel may not be ready to play well in the NBA, but he will be picked in the Top 5 and thus he should go. You can’t tell a man to make his dream to wait if it is ready to come true. Cauley-Stein may be picked in the first round due to his height but it will take him a while to make an impact in the league. I totally understand what Charles is saying: He knows these kids aren’t ready to really ball hard in the NBA, but if they can be guaranteed multi-millionaires it is hard for them to turn it down.

19. Delk for 3
    11:36 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

To add to my comments about Poythress and Goodwin, I understand the NBA drafts on potential but there are plenty of other guards and forwards out there that show as much potential as either one of these two players.

20. Ridge Runner
    11:37 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

I’d be willing to bet 95% of players drafted never become consistent nba starters. Just look at past drafts. Barely making it or busting out is the norm, it is very rare to become a superstar. In fact kentucky guys seem to be doing much better than the average nba draftee.

21. Delk for 3
    11:48 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Poythress has plummeted out of many of the mock drafts and, as an example, isn’t even listed among any of the draftees on NBADraft.net

22. A Day to Worship?
    11:50 am January 20, 2013 Permalink

Sunday can be a day to worship, a day to get in touch with your spiritual side, or….whatever side #9 is representing. To each his own, I suppose.