– I am fat and out of shape. I have not played basketball in nearly a year. But, wow, I need a pair of these. Coach, send me a 14!
– In his recap of the game, Dick “Hoops” Weiss says Vandy players were talking trash to DeMarcus Cousins before the game, telling him that AJ Ogilvy was the best big man in the conference and going to dominate him. Their opinions changed about 1:45 into the game.
– With all the UK – LeBron talk in the air, AOL Fanhouse wonders if LeBron could end up in New Jersey with John Wall…if the Nets win the lottery.
– Speaking of the Nets, Weiss also says that John Wall is what New Jersey needs to revive their franchise. Don’t be fooled by the title, though, it’s actually a pretty in-depth portrait of Wall and not another “wait ’til he’s in the NBA!” piece.
– Over at the C-J, The Bo looks at who would be on top of college basketball if there were no early entries. And he does it without using racially questionable slang.
– Also, Brett Dawson says that Rick Pitino would like the NBA age rule changed, which would mean he could no longer turn NBA lottery prospects into marginal pro prospects. Coach, take your own advice. You can’t move forward until you put the past behind you. Nothing can change January 2 now.
– Over the past 50 years, Rex Chapman is the greatest athlete to come out of Western Kentucky, which I’m sure is a blow to my college roommate. He’s the best soccer player in the history of the world and his high school career is legendary. Just ask him.
– With the Senior Bowl now over, reviews are coming in and most say that Trevard Lindley’s draft stock dropped this week. Lindley was said to be too stiff in coverage and some worried he might still be bothered by his ankle. You might have seen him on SportsCenter today getting beat on Marty Gilyard’s 43-yard touchdown catch.